• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Tyranitar vs Hydreigon

Re: Tyranitar vs Sazandra

Tyranitar. As cool as Sazandra is, it can't measure up to Tyranitar's massive amount of epicosity.

(I am going to show my benefit of doubt here for the leak English names, so bear with me...)

Hydreigon (Sazandora) is not something that I would call a favourite, although the admirable quality to me are the resistances, since they are all quite nice. Another quality about Hydreigon I like are his/her colours, because they just look wicked for a dragon with dark powers.

Tyranitar is not really my favourite at all, but I do enjoy hitting that guy/girl with a Fighting attack, in all honesty, since for some reason, I find Tyranitar the least favourite. I hope if I review this Pokemon, I lose my bias...

So Hydreigon it is!

Thanks for reading.

Look at my avatar. Also, my username.

Edit: To clarify, I like Tyranitar because of Sand Stream and the Special Defense boost he gets. Also he has really good all-around stats and viability in Ubers. Because of his unique typing and multitude of uses, he doesn't get outclassed by anything.

It's just too bad Fighting-types destroy him...

Last edited:

Right now I'd go with Sazandra. It's pretty cool and has a nice Type Combination. So does Tyranitar, though. Tyranitar was actually my favorite Pseudo-Legendary before 3rd Gen. Sand Stream really ruined him for me, as I'm rather adamant about making a Team to not be affected by it. Luckily, 5th Gen lets Tyranitar have Tension. It might be a shit Ability, but it'll make me consider Tyranitar for a Team.

Considering that, it's somewhat of a tie. I'll pick Sazandra for now, only for being the only Special-oriented Pseudo so far.

Sazandra is way better, because of its typing and movepool.

And with my vote, Sazy takes the lead again...

Anyway...I didn't like Sazzy at first,
but after noticing it's an S.attacker it became one of the insta favourites.
Also to note, Sazzy doesn't take down my beautiful rain *evil glare at T-Tar.*

That said: Sorry, Tar!
We had our moments, but now it's your time to enjoy your well deserved retirement days.

Tyranitar. I've used one in game and I found it awesome. It also looks slightly better.

Which do you prefer?
Sazandra. D8 Two very amazing types in one.

Who'd win in a fight?
I think Sazandra just might win this one, with the Focus Blasting on the loose. But then again, one does have to beware of TTar with Outrage, right? D8

Who's more useful?
Sazandra in-game for not summoning annoying Sandstorm every battle. D|

Overall results?
For me, Sazandra. TTar, while awesome, is just getting too much hype in my eyes. D8 Plus, they're annoying in Mystery Dungeon, them and their tucking sandstorms.

So...so yay! Yay Sazandra, gets my vote. OTL

Heh, reminds me of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah. All thats missing is Urugamoth as Mothra, Ononokus as Destoroyah, and Aerodactyl as Rodan.

Anyway, picking Tyranitar because I've had a bit of history with him both in-game and competitively. And before you ask, yes I'm a bit of a nerd for knowing Godzilla characters.

garchomp is more destoroyah ish that haxorus, IMO.

but as to the subject of this thread, tyranitar

I prefer Tyranitar. Sazandora having 3 heads looks freakishly weird to me. No offense

I haven't used Saz in battle yet, but his design hasn't really grown on me, either. Tyranitar, on the other hand, is a beast in the battlefield and has a good design. He takes my vote for now.

Which do you prefer?
As much as I love T-Tar, I'm going with Sazandra. Dark+Dragon= Totally awesome

Who'd win in a fight?
Honestly, they could kill each other in 1-2 hits, so this remains undecided, since Sazandra has more speed, but not that great of Def and S.Def.

Who's more useful?
Honestly? I've no clue, because I haven't used Sazandra yet. For now, it's T-Tar.

I'll have to go with Saz for this one, sorry T-Tar <:(

Sazandra by far. I never liked Tyranitar or it's line. Sorry, it's strong and has many good points, but it never stood out to me. I think Sazandra has a much more unique design and I like it's movepool. And it's prevos are adorable.

So yes, triple-headed dragon is the best.

Sazandra looks pretty boss, but I love my T-tar in SS.

Hydreigon for me. Better design and not as annoying to face as t-tar is.

Tyranitar has always been a personal favorite of mine, so I went with him. I do use Hydreigon as well though.

Oh both are epic super awesome =(...

Who do I prefer?
Hm... I have history wih T-Tar but come-on look at Hydregon! He's a frieken Dark/Dragon hydra that just way to badass not to choose (though hsi orignal tank design would also be epic) So I guess Hydregigon followed by T very closly...

Who'd Win
T-Tar is PWNED by Focus-Blast enough said... plus Hydregon is faster...

Who's more useful
They are both very useful but Hydie doesn't summons sandstorm so he;s better for weather teams not bulult around it...

I pick Hydreigon I guess but both are awesome... I like all the Psuedo's

1. Tie

2. Tyranitar. Sand Stream increasing his SpD (meaning Focus Blast won't OHKO him), access to Ice Punch, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, and Ice Beam, and high Attack means he'll wreck Hydreigon

3. Tyranitar. Again, Sand stream increases his SpD

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom