• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Tyranitar vs Hydreigon

Re: Tyranitar vs Sazandra

1. Tie

2. Tyranitar. Sand Stream increasing his SpD (meaning Focus Blast won't OHKO him), access to Ice Punch, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, and Ice Beam, and high Attack means he'll wreck Hydreigon

3. Tyranitar. Again, Sand stream increases his SpD

Nopr... just no.... even with maximum EV envestment plus Sandstorm Focus-Blast is able to do up to 716-840 damage... T-tar's higest HP is 404 so FB can OHKO him almost 2 times over.... unless T-tar has a Focus-Sash if he is holding a choble berry be could survive but if not he's slauhtered

Hydreigon is so much cooler design wise. Not that T-tar isn't cool, but it's not Hydreigon cool. Not by a long shot.

1. Tie

2. Tyranitar. Sand Stream increasing his SpD (meaning Focus Blast won't OHKO him), access to Ice Punch, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, and Ice Beam, and high Attack means he'll wreck Hydreigon

Nopr... just no.... even with maximum EV envestment plus Sandstorm Focus-Blast is able to do up to 716-840 damage... T-tar's higest HP is 404 so FB can OHKO him almost 2 times over.... unless T-tar has a Focus-Sash if he is holding a choble berry be could survive but if not he's slauhtered

No player would want to use a Focus Sash on Tyranitar (only the recommended items from the Smogon sets), and must I remind you that Hydreigon doesn't receive any STAB from using Focus Blast to cause that kind of damage even with that high SpA.

1. Tie

No player would want to use a Focus Sash on Tyranitar (only the recommended items from the Smogon sets), and must I remind you that Hydreigon doesn't receive any STAB from using Focus Blast to cause that kind of damage even with that high SpA.

Sad but true he does do that much damage without STAB with a Life Orb we are talking about a move with 120 BP and a Pokemon who is 4x's weak to said move.... Unless Tyranitar has a Choble Berry he will never surive a FB ever and thats with the SpD boast from Sandstorm it'd be even more without the boost...

And if t-tar is the specially def. variant, then it cant ohko hydreigon with any of its attack. Hydreigon attacks twice and it wins if both attacks hit.

Hydreigon. One of the coolest Pokemon I've seen. I like Tyranitar as well, but Hydreigon is a lot better IMO. I also think that Hydreigon could beat Tyranitar. As for who is the most useful, that one is a tie because, while I like Hydreigon better, Tyranitar can be just as useful.

Hydreigon, since I love Deino and Zweilous so much. Hydreigon is also cool, but I still prefer its pre-evolved stages more. I've never really liked Tyranitar.

Which would you prefer = tyranitar

tyranitar because I have used tyranitar before it is cool because I love hazard or offense teams and it looks good

Which would win in a fight = tyranitar

Yes everyone knows that hydreigon has an advantage of not being affected by hazards of tyranitar but hydreigon does not resist tyranitars dragon type attack for example let say Tyranitar gets a direct dragon pulse hit that would deal major damage to hydregon and if hydreigon would use dark attack tyranitar can counter it with a fighting type move

Which is more useful = depends on what type of team you have

Tyranitar has a cooler design and unique typing. I still like Hydreigon, though.

Hydreigon, mainly cause I like it's, well, hydra-like design. I still like Tyranitar, but it's not one I really think about all that much anymore, so it's fallen quite a bit in my favorites list.

I love Hydreigon, but I'm gonna have to go with Tyranitar, which has been my favorite Rock-type since it debuted. Mostly because while Hydreigon is King Ghidorah, Tyranitar is freakin' Godzilla, and Godzilla always beats Ghidorah.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom