• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia U-Choose Mafia [ENDGAME - Town Win!]

I wasn't expecting just one page of discussion, I thought there would be much discussions atleast for first day, everyone's just throwing votes with their closed eye :lapras: So, is Mafia a lucky number game?
Usually there is a bit more discussion, this game hasn't been very active so far. No, it's not just a luck based game, people normally try to sort out who's scum based on the discussion that happens. People like to throw out votes at random when D1 starts because there's not usually much to go on right away. Later in the phase people start to build cases, and later in the game the cases tend to get stronger.

we don't have to fight over 3, we can unite over it...:bulbaLove:
Alright, fair, that does make more sense.
Unvote: Feenie

I would say that Max is kind of in a similar boat. As mafia, I'd
(Quoting broke and I don't feel like fixing it.) Hm, I do think you're right. I also feel like Max is more prone to panic under pressure when he's scum, though I'm not sure about this...

I don't like how easily I was townread for just talking about meta, it's something scum could easily talk about just to get townie points for seeming like they're contributing. It's kind of an easy read to just say the first person who types a lot of words is town. I don't know if it's somethibg necessarily scummy for Blaine. and Feenie to do, but I feel like they should maybe consider the actual contributions the post they're townreading me for has, because there's not a whole lot that really comes out of me talking about the meta of players who hadn't posted yet.

I am feeling pretty okay about Blaine. because I don't usually see a lot of scum players initiating serious discussion off the bat, even if the discussion doesn't seem to be leading anywhere.

I'm a bit bugged by FA going for the rand vote on someone who hasn't confirmed. Normally voting people who haven't confirmed isn't very useful, and generally FA tends to be more opposed to the existence of rvs from what I've seen. Not super strong but with a lack of any cases, I think I'll move my vote over there.
Vote: FinalArcadia
Could also be inclined to vote Tood maybe, her one post so far does seem to mostly fall on a bit of the fluff/CWAC side that her scumplay tends to lean towards or maybe Max for similar reasons, but I think I'll give that a bit.

I wasn't expecting just one page of discussion, I thought there would be much discussions atleast for first day, everyone's just throwing votes with their closed eye
This is typically what happens, but I'll admit that this thread seems far less active than normal.
Better vote case for me pending.
You have a better case on someone coming up? I'm interested in seeing this when you've got it together.
I'm a bit bugged by FA going for the rand vote on someone who hasn't confirmed. Normally voting people who haven't confirmed isn't very useful, and generally FA tends to be more opposed to the existence of rvs from what I've seen. Not super strong but with a lack of any cases, I think I'll move my vote over there.
This is a good point. I don't think I recall an instance recently where FA put a vote on someone inactive for pressure. Of course, FA could correct me if I'm wrong but I honestly can't think of a time. I wanted to type more here but my cat keeps crying for my attention so this'll have to wait (cries)

Probably phrased it poorly, but I meant that there's no better case as of yet.
Oh, gotcha.
I would say that Max is kind of in a similar boat. As mafia, I'd expect him to lurk much more than as town.
Lurk more in general or specifically Day 1? i realize this might be difficult to answer but i'm trying to get some discussion so shhh

Vote: FinalArcadia
This is a good point. I don't think I recall an instance recently where FA put a vote on someone inactive for pressure. Of course, FA could correct me if I'm wrong but I honestly can't think of a time. I wanted to type more here but my cat keeps crying for my attention so this'll have to wait (cries)
Considering the only game I've played in the last 6-7 (maybe more? I have no sense of time) was the Sonic Adventure Mafia, I can't say I have an example of RVS voting from me in the past that I could specifically remember right this moment, even though I've done it before sparingly (and have been voted for it early in the phase). But honestly, it doesn't matter because justifying my own meta seems silly lol. Like, of course I'm going to say I've done it before regardless.

I actually went into that first vote wanting to vote ZinnLav for the host vote since those kinda drive me nuts, but I abstained because I watched some of the Xenoblade game and I didn't want to start off on a bad foot since I remembered Zinn feeling ganged up on or pressured too much in there and to be fair, a host vote isn't necessarily something only scum do (even though I still think it's actively worse than even a joke vote because it's not even something that can be connected to another player). So then I just voted Chevy since they were in my mind from seeing they hadn't confirmed yet like me and figured maybe I'll get something out of them as new-ish players tend to wear their alignment more on their sleeve and I thought maybe their reaction could be useful for a preliminary read. A long-shot, but eh.
Lurk more in general or specifically Day 1? i realize this might be difficult to answer but i'm trying to get some discussion so shhh
More in general. D1... mmm, I can't remember a specific game when I last saw scum!Max so I can't recall if his D1's start stronger and then he starts to lurk later or not. But in a general sense, there is usually a marked difference from his town!self. It's why I was quick to trust his claim in the Sonic game, because he's not really that forthcoming with information when he's mafia, unless his meta has changed during that gap I wasn't playing.
I like Dawning's posts so far as well as your own. So, I guess I'd say the both of you for now? I don't have any profound reasoning of course (it'd be hard to have anything concrete for sure), but yeah.
What is it about Blaine's posts so far that you like enough to mention it here? At that point, all he'd done was ask you and Max a broad question about townreading people and just noting that DawningWinds's answer seemed town, which isn't much and I have to agree with DW that it was really just meta discussion more than anything specific to this game.

Unvote
I assume RVS is over?

Could also be inclined to vote Tood maybe, her one post so far does seem to mostly fall on a bit of the fluff/CWAC side that her scumplay tends to lean towards or maybe Max for similar reasons, but I think I'll give that a bit.
I mean, what exactly am I supposed to do ten posts into a game when everything else at that point is either meta talk or RVS shenanigans? Yeah it's fluff, it's an RVS vote. :wynaut:

I am feeling pretty okay about Blaine. because I don't usually see a lot of scum players initiating serious discussion off the bat, even if the discussion doesn't seem to be leading anywhere
Isn't it a scum tactic to start discussions that lead nowhere for the purpose of wasting time for actual relevant discussions?

IMO, I don't really consider Blaine's initiating questions as anything that serious either, more like a new player asking questions about other players' playstyles.

Also, as an aside: I'm also not really a fan of using RVS meta as a reason for voting, most of the time it just feels as though a player is just trying to pull an argument against someone out of nowhere. Why look at an unpredictable RVS vote instead of actual post content? Granted, we have nothing to work with right now, and it's not like someone's starting a serious case or a bandwagon based on RVS, but ehhh it's not something I like doing in general.

Also btw i have a very cool thing in my posession, if anyone wants it later :sneaky:

A cool thing you say? Noted and moved to town
Why is that necessarily town indicative?

Especially in a U-Choose-style game, I'd be a bit leery of items when who knows what kind of characters people submit here and why they'd have items to pass out. Without more info, I think it's hard to tell much of anything from claiming to have a cool item.

Why is that necessarily town indicative?

Especially in a U-Choose-style game, I'd be a bit leery of items when who knows what kind of characters people submit here and why they'd have items to pass out. Without more info, I think it's hard to tell much of anything from claiming to have a cool item.
past experiences. I've played more with town having these kinds of items rather than scum. So play spec from me. Though the item isn't good enough for a full town confirm, i can put it as a read more in my head. Depends on what he wants to do with it though.

Also btw i have a very cool thing in my posession, if anyone wants it later :sneaky:
Hmmmm depending on what this very cool thing is you maybe shouldn't have said anything. You probably shouldn't say any more about it.

Why look at an unpredic
(Quoting broke and I do not feel like fixing it.) The rvs vote is basically all there was to look at, for pretty much anyone except maybe Feenie and I haven't decided how I feel about her yet.

most of the time it just feels as though a player is just trying to pull an argument against someone out of nowhere
Will come back to this later.

mean, what exactly am I supposed to do ten posts into a game when everything else at that point is either meta talk or RVS shenanigans? Yeah it's fluff, it's an RVS vote. :wynaut:
Like I said, I'll be waiting on it a bit. Game wasn't very far along, so I need a bit more time before I can tell.

Isn't it a scum tactic to start discussions that lead nowhere for the purpose of wasting time for actual relevant discussions?
It might be? If it is I've never seen it, and I feel like a newer player would more inclined to just avoid discussions as scum.

I actually went into that first vote wanting to vote ZinnLav for the host vote since those kinda drive me nuts, but I abstained because I watched some of the Xenoblade game and I didn't want to start off on a bad foot since I remembered Zinn feeling ganged up on or pressured too much in there and to be fair, a host vote isn't necessarily something only scum do (even though I still think it's actively worse than even a joke vote because it's not even something that can be connected to another player).
Hmmmm
I think you probably just should've voted Zinn from that perspective.
Mafia is a game that people are pressured in. It's a game that you literally need to pressure people to solve, so not putting pressure on a person who you think should have pressure on them because they were under pressure maybe a bit much from a few (one) people during their last game just... doesn't seem like a good idea. And finding host votes scummy seems like a fairly reasonable reason during rvs.

I'll be considering this explanation for now, not sure what I think of it. You didn't really mention the idea of voting Zinn in your first post, which I find a bit odd, since even if you decided against voting on it, I feel like I'd expect the fact that you were considering it to be noted- it's not like mentioning something you find odd/don't like is a whole ton of pressure on its own so you probably wouldn't have been starting the game off on a bad foot, as you put.

So then I just voted Chevy since they were in my mind from seeing they hadn't confirmed yet like me and figured maybe I'll get something out of them as new-ish players tend to wear their alignment more on their sleeve and I thought maybe their reaction could be useful for a preliminary read. A long-shot, but eh.
20210430_131744.jpg
Chevy hasn't been on since Tuesday, and roles didn't start going out until Wednesday. If he shows up, it's not going to be because you voted him, nor is it likely to be affected by his alignment.

Fair enough point about newer players often wearing their alignments on their sleeves, though. Is Chevy actually a new player though? He's from ZD, I think, but I don't know how much he's played over there.

past experiences. I've played more with town having these kinds of items rather than scum. So play spec from me. Though the item isn't good enough for a full town confirm, i can put it as a read more in my head. Depends on what he wants to do with it though.
I haven't played one of these games before, but I'd think that sort of item would be a character specific thing in U-Choose, not an alignment specific thing.

Mafia is a game that people are pressured in. It's a game that you literally need to pressure people to solve, so not putting pressure on a person who you think should have pressure on them because they were under pressure maybe a bit much from a few (one) people during their last game just... doesn't seem like a good idea. And finding host votes scummy seems like a fairly reasonable reason during rvs.

I'll be considering this explanation for now, not sure what I think of it. You didn't really mention the idea of voting Zinn in your first post, which I find a bit odd, since even if you decided against voting on it, I feel like I'd expect the fact that you were considering it to be noted- it's not like mentioning something you find odd/don't like is a whole ton of pressure on its own so you probably wouldn't have been starting the game off on a bad foot, as you put.
I agree that it is a game of pressure, but I also have played with ZinnLav enough times that I know the host vote type stuff isn't necessarily alignment indicative for them, and coming off the context of the Xenoblade game, I didn't feel right going for that flimsy accusation right off the bat. I don't get why it's odd that I didn't mention that I considered voting for Zinn in my first post, though? Why would I, when I ended up deciding against it and as I said, host-voting is not necessarily alignment indicative anyway, even it's something I don't agree with. I wouldn't have mentioned it at all most likely had my Chevy vote not gotten brought up.

However, yeah, I didn't realize Chevywolf was legit not present on the forum, so point taken on that one.

UNVOTE: Chevywolf30
VOTE: Max1996

Right now, I think Salazzle and Max are the most active-lurky if that makes sense, and Salazzle I think is a new player? I don't see much of a need for Max to have unvoted Tood so early and then not add a vote to anyone else and instead wait for a case, which is rough given the activity so far in this game. I also find it interesting that Feenie agreed with DawningWinds about thinking my vote was odd, but then didn't follow it and left a RVS vote on Chevywolf (which... I actually didn't realize was where her vote was and that I'd added a second vote lol).

Back
Top Bottom