• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia U-Choose Mafia [ENDGAME - Town Win!]

Right now, I think Salazzle and Max are the most active-lurky if that makes sense, and Salazzle I think is a new player? I don't see much of a need for Max to have unvoted Tood so early and then not add a vote to anyone else and instead wait for a case, which is rough given the activity so far in this game. I also find it interesting that Feenie agreed with DawningWinds about thinking my vote was odd, but then didn't follow it and left a RVS vote on Chevywolf (which... I actually didn't realize was where her vote was and that I'd added a second vote lol).
Activity ain't too great right now, yeah.

Also btw i have a very cool thing in my posession, if anyone wants it later :sneaky:
Ohhhh? :wynaut:
I also find it interesting that Feenie agreed with DawningWinds about thinking my vote was odd, but then didn't follow it and left a RVS vote on Chevywolf (which... I actually didn't realize was where her vote was and that I'd added a second vote lol).
I did find it odd, because it looked like a pressure vote was being made and I didn't think you were normally the type to do that. What was there to follow, though?

I did find it odd, because it looked like a pressure vote was being made and I didn't think you were normally the type to do that. What was there to follow, though?
I meant voting for me as well, since your previous vote was just a joke one and I'd figure you'd switch to someone you found to have odd actions given that you actually acknowledged the suspicion Dawning had on me.

I don't get why it's odd that I didn't mention that I considered voting for Zinn in my first post, though? Why would I, when I ended up deciding against it and as I said, host-voting is not necessarily alignment indicative anyway, even it's something I don't agree with. I wouldn't have mentioned it at all most likely had my Chevy vote not gotten brought up.
I feel like if you see something you think is weird or scummy, it just makes more sense to mention it, even if it's not something you decide is vote worthy.

I feel like if you see something you think is weird or scummy, it just makes more sense to mention it, even if it's not something you decide is vote worthy.
It seems like that would've only then begged the question of why I wasn't voting ZinnLav instead of Chevywolf to have done so at the time, but regardless, I feel like there's really nothing else I can say about my Chevy vote over Zinn that I haven't already. Was kinda hoping that others might jump in and give some thoughts on either my vote or your vote on me since it's kinda the only thing going on in here aside from Tood's item claim, but it unfortunately looks like we're in a very slow-moving game here.

You know what, I don't oppose voting for Max, so 'll join

Vote: Max1998

Activity ain't too great right now, yeah.
Well, this is a great start of the game, with the inactivity. :confused:
Like, why not share your thoughts on other players or a instead of just pointing out inactivity? Like yeah, activity's low, but you're not trying to do anything to help alleviate that.

It seems like that would've only then begged the question of why I wasn't voting ZinnLav instead of Chevywolf to have done so at the time, but regardless, I feel like there's really nothing else I can say about my Chevy vote over Zinn that I haven't already. Was kinda hoping that others might jump in and give some thoughts on either my vote or your vote on me since it's kinda the only thing going on in here aside from Tood's item claim, but it unfortunately looks like we're in a very slow-moving game here.
Mmm

Regarding the Chevy vote: I feel as though my participation in RVS is kind of irregular, so I assume any deviations from players when it comes to their usual RVS meta just exists because they thought :wynaut: drop a vote? That and my general apprehension to use RVS votes as a basis for anything kind of lead to it going over my head. Probably indicates a lack of caution on my part, tbh.

Dawning's vote bothers me for the reasons above, but at the same time, there's been literally nothing else to talk about and it was admitted to be a weak case from the start, so it's not something I'd start suspecting them for.

A cool thing you say? Noted and moved to town
past experiences. I've played more with town having these kinds of items rather than scum. So play spec from me. Though the item isn't good enough for a full town confirm, i can put it as a read more in my head. Depends on what he wants to do with it though.
Also this kind of weirded me out with the immediate town read thing. Was not expecting someone to just accept me so quickly for this.

Salazzle I think is a new player?
(y)

Right now, I think Salazzle and Max are the most active-lurky if that makes sense
Are u diverging the topic from Wolf to Lizards :ROFLMAO:. Ok. I won't diverge it. I thought I should lurk here when the game started, I thought it could be advantageous. But no, now I feel I should get into deep conversations, Lurking makes voting difficult. And thank u for pointing me so that I took on track.

Now that I've confirmed, you're the only one left and villains like to show up at the very end, like for a dramatic fhanger in a show.
However, yeah, I didn't realize Chevywolf was legit not present on the forum, so point taken on that one.

I felt you voting Chevy was to obtain a safer side, and I think you knew that he has been lacking activity. Somewhere I read someone telling Max to share his thoughts on whom he's sus on. That could apply to me too. I completely agree with Max's behaviour, ofcourse he's a secret agent and he might be waiting for the right time and right person.
So where I was, yeah "That could apply to me too"
So I just shared my thoughts and I feel I should vote FA.
Vote: FinalArcadia
This is what I feel,
FA pretty looks scummy and whereas I feel Max is town.

That could apply to me too. I completely agree with Max's behaviour, ofcourse he's a secret agent and he might be waiting for the right time and right person.
It could apply to you, yeah. But you're (probably) new to the game, unlike Max, so it kind of makes a bit more sense why you'd not post much either.

Also, what do you mean by "of course he's a secret agent"?

I feel Max is town.
But why? I understand why you might be suspicious of FA, but why are you townreading Max?

He's made no contributions to any discussions, and has made no attempt to even comment on anything that's been said. That's not productive, and it doesn't help town in the slightest.

He's being kinda lurky, and based on what people have said about his playstyle, that's not a good thing, imo.

I felt you voting Chevy was to obtain a safer side, and I think you knew that he has been lacking activity. Somewhere I read someone telling Max to share his thoughts on whom he's sus on. That could apply to me too. I completely agree with Max's behaviour, ofcourse he's a secret agent and he might be waiting for the right time and right person.
Lurking, is, in almost every situation, anti-town. Town benefits from debate and discussion because it tells us more about the game and about each player- players who lurk can't be read as easily, because, well, they have no content to have their reads based on. This hinders town's ability to solve the game, as being able to form reads on players is 110% essential to doing so. Plus, if a player spends the whole game lurking, their thoughts, which may have brought to the table perspectives on players which hadn't been considered and cases that hadn't been made, go unheard.

The one and only benefit of lurking for town is that a lurking player is less likely to get nightkilled by the Mafia, which can be used to protect strong PRs. However, this benefit of lurking is... questionable at best. People who are usually incredibly strong, active players who used this strategy would get likely lynched instead of being nightkilled as they normally would, eliminating their power role early anyway, and people who aren't probably wouldn't be targeted aside from because of a claim (or an obvious-enough softclaim), which, with a strong PR, they probably would avoid making until later.

But why? I understand why you might be suspicious of FA,
..I feel like this is kind of a poor choice of words on my part, so I'd like to add

I think if I comprehend the vote reasoning correctly, it is because FA voted an inactive and you think that's bad.

players who used this strategy would get likely lynched instead of being nightkilled as they normally would, eliminating their power role early anyway
Unless you get vig shot n1 like I was last game:wynaut:

You know what, I don't oppose voting for Max, so 'll join

Vote: Max1998

Like, why not share your thoughts on other players or a instead of just pointing out inactivity? Like yeah, activity's low, but you're not trying to do anything to help alleviate that.
Fair enough. It's not much right now, but FA's reasoning on me comes off to me as more Town-y than scummy, even if only barely. Your vote, however, seems more like sheeping.

Vote: Tood

Last edited:
Well, this is a great start of the game, with the inactivity. :confused:
It's day one, what do you expect, there's no information.
Lurking, is, in almost every situation, anti-town. Town benefits from debate and discussion because it tells us more about the game and about each player- players who lurk can't be read as easily, because, well, they have no content to have their reads based on. This hinders town's ability to solve the game, as being able to form reads on players is 110% essential to doing so. Plus, if a player spends the whole game lurking, their thoughts, which may have brought to the table perspectives on players which hadn't been considered and cases that hadn't been made, go unheard.

The one and only benefit of lurking for town is that a lurking player is less likely to get nightkilled by the Mafia, which can be used to protect strong PRs. However, this benefit of lurking is... questionable at best. People who are usually incredibly strong, active players who used this strategy would get likely lynched instead of being nightkilled as they normally would, eliminating their power role early anyway, and people who aren't probably wouldn't be targeted aside from because of a claim (or an obvious-enough softclaim), which, with a strong PR, they probably would avoid making until later.
I disagree, just because people don't play the way you want them to, doesn't make them Mafia. Everyone has different methods to play, shouldn't have to conform to some standard. Besides wouldn't Mafia members just be more active instead to make themselves appear town, following your logic?

Vote: DawningWinds

Just doesn't sit right with me, plus the shade you were throwing before because FA decided not to vote for me? If you want a vote on me, do it yourself.

I meant voting for me as well, since your previous vote was just a joke one and I'd figure you'd switch to someone you found to have odd actions given that you actually acknowledged the suspicion Dawning had on me.
I thought it was worthy of mentioning but I didn't find it particularly voteworthy.

Tood's added vote onto Max looks like a town move to me.

Also, nameclaiming is a thing here and it might not be all that helpful considering characters don't have to fit the alignment one would think they'd fit, but it could generate some interesting discussion at some point if we're feeling extra desperate.

I'm actually gonna

UNVOTE: Chevywolf30.
VOTE: Blaine.

Yes, I know that I said I was initially getting a good vibe from his posts but that's changed while looking back. He hasn't done much aside from stating that players are probably town and with little to no reasoning, at that. I'm not sure if this is typical for him or not, I honestly can't recall if we've played a game together before?

Fair enough. It's not much right now, but FA's reasoning on me comes off to me as more Town-y than scummy, even if only barely. Your vote, however, seems more like sheeping.
I'd consider it more of a sheepy vote if Tood just voted you and didn't give any reasoning for it, but he did at least justify the vote so imo that makes him look better.

Also, what do you mean by "of course he's a secret agent"?
Lol, look at his user title

But why? I understand why you might be suspicious of FA, but why are you townreading Max?

He's made no contributions to any discussions, and has made no attempt to even comment on anything that's been said. That's not productive, and it doesn't help town in the slightest.

He's being kinda lurky, and based on what people have said about his playstyle, that's not a good thing, imo.
I felt like that, I mean his play style was similar to mine and I don't know anything about his past records but still I feel he's town. And another thing is FA targeted Max and I'm sus on FA so I felt he could have been town.

Salazzle's recent posts I think look pretty good. Unless they happened to be mafia with Max, I don't think new!mafia would be connecting their self so much to another player (similarities in playstyle to Max, TRing Max because I voted him, etc.).

Honestly I'm not 100% confident or anything in Max as mafia either, it's just that I tentatively townread enough players that he's one of the ones I don't.

Of the other players getting voted right now, I wouldn't want to vote Tood, who has given their thoughts on things and I generally agree with those thoughts. DawningWinds I think is kinda tunneling on me, but at the same time, they put forth the first real, legit vote of the game when voting me, so that makes it look better in my eyes, and I feel like I'd be a weird choice to gun for as a mislynch right off the bat, idk.

Blaine is the one I'd maybe consider switching my vote to. It is odd to be noting players as likely town for pretty minor reasons or NAI actions, and it feels like he's done that for enough players that he'd have at least a few he'd vote who aren't in that town list. However, the reckless reads... Mafia is usually more careful than town when it comes to that kind of thing, and his one comment about having info about something (this was about Tood's cool thing/item) is so off-hand that it feels genuine to me?

Back
Top Bottom