• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia U-Choose Mafia [ENDGAME - Town Win!]

Just doesn't sit right with me, plus the shade you were throwing before because FA decided not to vote for me? If you want a vote on me, do it yourself.
It's not because I want a vote on you, it's because I find FA's reason for wantibg to vote you but not questionable at best.

Fair enough. It's not much right now, but FA's reasoning on me comes off to me as more Town-y than scummy, even if only barely. Your vote, however, seems more like sheeping.

Vote: Tood
Honestly Tood right now is pretty much exactly what I'd expect of town Tood. I don't find anything odd about her play, I do think she always sheeps a bit regardless of aligment.
I also think you've played with Tood and should know that, so this feels kinda OMGUS-y.

DawningWinds I think is kinda tunneling on me, but at the same time, they put forth the first real, legit vote
Actually it was mostly bullshit, but the thread was dead and I thought gunning for you would start discussion. Was going to mention that sooner but then I started actually scumreading you and I was actually slightly pinged by the reasoning for voting Chevy so I guess I started tunneling a little and kinda forgot.

Well, here's a lesson about not sleeping in. Can I just say I do not want to no lynch? Like, I get not wanting to lynch the guy who claimed Tracker/Watcher, but like. Can we just lynch someone else?

Here are some good options:
Blaine. - Got off to an okay start, getting some sort of serious discussion started and all, but has been very much just sort of there this entire time, never really giving any concrete reasoning for the reads he's gave. Don't even think he's voting.
Feenie - I know I'm agreeing with a scumread, but her agreeing with my suspicion on FA and not voting when all she had was an RVS vote was kinda weird. Her townreads on me and Blaine had zero (0) reasoning, and realistically speaking townreading me for answering a question about meta was probably a bad idea if she's town, and an easy way to feel contributional if she's not. I think the reasoning in the post with her Blaine vote was the only real reasoning she's had all game.
Max - because are we really gonna no lynch because someone who's been lurking and exactly in their scum meta all Day claimed a 1 shot power role? Okay maybe we shouldn't go for Max this second cause he's claimed an invest role but I wouldn't oppose.
Chevy - If only because there's no strong reason not to and it save the host from finding a sub, though I'm not huge on this one.

I'd unvote FA to wagon any of the people on this list and with a compelling enough argument maybe someone who's neither on the list nor named FinalArcadia in favor of no lynch if anyone else is willing (though I'd prefer not Chevy).

1. @ZinnLav
2. @DawningWinds
3. @Chevywolf30
4. @Max1996
5. @FinalArcadia
6. @Feenie
7. @Tood
8. @Salazzle
9. @Blaine.
No lynches are bad scum get a free kill we lose a flip to analyze based on possibly a shot at killing scum there's more but there needs to be actually time for someone to form a wagon.

Phase will end an hour from this post, I'm on my way home so as soon as I get in I'll end the phase. Sorry for the delay, things got a bit 'rowdy' for lack of a better word.
Wait is this twilight or is the phase extended please say this means the phase was extended because I intrepreted it as the phase is extend I'm sorry if I pinged everyone and the phase isn't extended.

Feenie - I know I'm agreeing with a scumread, but her agreeing with my suspicion on FA and not voting when all she had was an RVS vote was kinda weird. Her townreads on me and Blaine had zero (0) reasoning, and realistically speaking townreading me for answering a question about meta was probably a bad idea if she's town, and an easy way to feel contributional if she's not. I think the reasoning in the post with her Blaine vote was the only real reasoning she's had all game.
I still don't see how it's weird that I didn't vote FA despite agreeing with you. I said it was weird of FA to do what she did but I also typically wait for the other player to respond before promptly switching my vote. I have nothing to say to the other points you've made, I felt like saying my flimsy "reads" would at least be some sort of discussion or something to talk about rather than the game going nowhere at all.

On second thought, I'm gonna (unless it's too late to do this)

VOTE: Blaine.

While this is a small game, yes, I can see Dawning's point about wanting a lynch rather than a no lynch. We might lose someone via the NK and it will probably be harder to generate some real discussion. Unless I'm wrong about this?

Wait is this twilight or is the phase extended please say this means the phase was extended because I intrepreted it as the phase is extend I'm sorry if I pinged everyone and the phase isn't extended.
Extended don't worry you're good. I always make a post when votes are locked :)

No lynches are bad scum get a free kill we lose a flip to analyze based on possibly a shot at killing scum there's more but there needs to be actually time for someone to form a wagon.
So we end up with two dead town instead of one? Mafia are the ones who benefit the most from Day One lynches.
I really don't get why Town think lynching someone on Day One is a good thing "Oh look we lynched the Doctor, that sure tells us a lot about this game" or whatever it might be, more negatives than positives, I think it's just risky.

So we end up with two dead town instead of one? Mafia are the ones who benefit the most from Day One lynches.
I really don't get why Town think lynching someone on Day One is a good thing "Oh look we lynched the Doctor, that sure tells us a lot about this game" or whatever it might be, more negatives than positives, I think it's just risky.
Ultimately, Mafia benefit the most from D1 in general. (They'd also benefit more if D1 just wasn't a thing, though. :unsure: I guess the early gameis just stilted a bit towards Mafia except in numbers.)
We no lynch, scum kills first, we're without a town-decided flip to analyze interactions from, and going into D2 there's not really a clear place to start unless the no lynch was last minute or caused by a tie (in which case probably lynch one of the people we were after yesterday).
We lynch, we might end up down one more townie than we otherwise would've, mafia are closer to winning.

I think town benefits more from lynching than no lynching, personally. We have wagons to analyze, interactions with a player of confirmed alignment to look at, a possible chance at taking out a Mafia because the Mafia nightkill isn't gonna do that unless there's a bus driver/redirector and even then not exactly guaranteed.

Night One Start
1. @ZinnLav
2. @DawningWinds
3. @Chevywolf30
4. @Max1996
5. @FinalArcadia
6. @Feenie
7. @Tood
8. @Salazzle
9. @Blaine.

Final Votals:
Max1996: I (Tood)
Blaine.: II (Feenie, DawningWinds)
FinalArcadia: I (Salazzle)
No Lynch: III (ZinnLav, Max1996, FinalArcadia)

Nobody has been lynched, it is now Night One, please send me your actions (If Applicable)!

Chevywolf has recieved an activity prod. This phase will end at 8pm GMT on May 2nd.

So, in the interest of giving some topic in here, any thoughts on connections between players? Since there are only nine players, I feel like maybe there's something we can gleam from interactions.

Ones that I can recall off-hand that stood out to me:

Max1996 and Salazzle - this is more from Salazzle's end than Max's, as Salazzle seemed to townread Max pretty easily for apparently having a similar playstyle and because I voted Max and they suspect me. If either flipped mafia, this may be a potential team, but if Max is town as his claim implies, I think Salazzle looks good and it is pro-town to try to defend your townreads. Salazzle also had a pretty reasonable explanation when voting me that didn't seem like just hopping on a wagon.

DawningWinds and Feenie - this is another one that is more from the latter's end than mutual. Dawning did vote Feenie at first in a joke vote. Feenie agreed with Dawning's vote on me, but then didn't follow the vote itself. Feenie IIRC townread Dawning pretty early for giving thoughts on meta in response to Blaine's question. Feenie also - toward the end of the phase - supported a no lynch after I brought up the topic, but pretty quickly changed to supporting a lynch once DawningWinds urged the thread to not NL. However, a coordinated plan from mafia like that to try to ensure a lynch went through late seems unlikely for D1; it'd be more likely later IMO when stakes are higher. Of this pair, I think Feenie is more suspicious.

ZinnLav and Blaine - this one doesn't have much, but did have Zinn asking Blaine specifically (and only Blaine) if they were mafia, to which Blaine simply answered "no." It was a bit odd and it's also odd that Blaine didn't ask why the question was being asked (I just feel like a lot of players would wonder why they specifically were being asked), but it would also be weird for mafia to draw attention to each other like this. For that reason, I'm leaning toward these two not being scumbuddies together, but not saying that neither is mafia, if that makes sense. Blaine I really need to see more from to get a better idea.

Max1996 and Salazzle - this is more from Salazzle's end than Max's, as Salazzle seemed to townread Max pretty easily for apparently having a similar playstyle and because I voted Max and they suspect me. If either flipped mafia, this may be a potential team, but if Max is town as his claim implies, I think Salazzle looks good and it is pro-town to try to defend your townreads. Salazzle also had a pretty reasonable explanation when voting me that didn't seem like just hopping on a wagon.
Can you explain how Salazzle's vote had a pretty reasonable explanation because I looked back at his post where he voted you and I'm failing to see it.

DawningWinds and Feenie - this is another one that is more from the latter's end than mutual. Dawning did vote Feenie at first in a joke vote. Feenie agreed with Dawning's vote on me, but then didn't follow the vote itself. Feenie IIRC townread Dawning pretty early for giving thoughts on meta in response to Blaine's question. Feenie also - toward the end of the phase - supported a no lynch after I brought up the topic, but pretty quickly changed to supporting a lynch once DawningWinds urged the thread to not NL. However, a coordinated plan from mafia like that to try to ensure a lynch went through late seems unlikely for D1; it'd be more likely later IMO when stakes are higher. Of this pair, I think Feenie is more suspicious.
I'm gonna just quote myself so I'm not a complete broken record explaining this
I did find it odd, because it looked like a pressure vote was being made and I didn't think you were normally the type to do that. What was there to follow, though?
I thought it was worthy of mentioning but I didn't find it particularly voteworthy.

ZinnLav and Blaine - this one doesn't have much, but did have Zinn asking Blaine specifically (and only Blaine) if they were mafia, to which Blaine simply answered "no." It was a bit odd and it's also odd that Blaine didn't ask why the question was being asked (I just feel like a lot of players would wonder why they specifically were being asked), but it would also be weird for mafia to draw attention to each other like this. For that reason, I'm leaning toward these two not being scumbuddies together, but not saying that neither is mafia, if that makes sense. Blaine I really need to see more from to get a better idea.
Agreed that it's weird that Blaine simply answered the random question without asking why it would be asked (and to him specifically).

Day Two Start
1. @ZinnLav
2. @DawningWinds
3. @Chevywolf30
4. @Max1996
5. @FinalArcadia
6. @Feenie
7. @Tood
8. @Salazzle
9. @Blaine.

FinalArcadia has been killed, they were sided with the town.
Dear FinalArcadia,
"That's enough. I don't want to hear it. Now don't get in my way."
You are Vergil, from the series Devil May Cry.

A half-demon, and the elder brother of the main character from many of the DMC games. You aspire to gain the power of your father, the demon side of your family. A polar opposite to your brother Dante, who embraces humanity over demonic powers. Pathetic. You’re cold, and introverted, caring for few things in the demon filled world you reside in. However, you do cherish a few things in life, those being keepsakes left by your mother and father, half of a perfect amulet (The other half belonging to your brother), and a sword respectively. Last of all, your son, Nero, although he doesn’t seem to want to follow your path in life, like you and your father before you.

Due to your demon powers, you have the following abilities.
1x Doppelganger: Role title
This allows you to use your doppelganger to allow yourself to be viewed as a different role from any rolecops that use their action on you. (If Applicable). If you use this, it must be in the first night and you will have this role from the rest of the game. If you use it, it must be a power role. So no Vanilla, Restless Spirit, Tree Stump, etc.
You also have a passive ability of Devil Trigger, when you are lynched, and lynched only, you may stick around in the game for another 24 hours (Till the end of the next Night Phase), and use your enhanced demonic powers to kill someone. Officially, you are the Town Vengeful. Until you use doppelganger, of course.

You are sided with the Town, you win when your faction is the only one remaining.

Reminder that unless I have told you otherwise, your action has been successful.

It is now Day Two, this phase will end at 8pm GMT on the 4th May.

If you believe I have missed anything, or want confirmation or have any questions etc etc, feel free to message me. Chevywolf has until 12pm GMT tomorrow to post in thread, otherwise a sub / modkill is on the cards. (This should have been earlier but I didn't press send on the message when I should have done :/ Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom