• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia U-Choose Mafia [ENDGAME - Town Win!]

Update on the way, just had a few other plans. Will try to get it out before 9pm GMT tonight.

ENDGAME - Town Win
1. @ZinnLav
2. @DawningWinds
3. @HumanDawn
4. @Max1996
5. @FinalArcadia
6. @Feenie
7. @Tood
8. @Salazzle
9. @Blaine.

Dear Blaine,
“Desire means never quit.”

You are Jeff Hardy, professional wrestler best known for his days in WWE.

Still going in the year of 2021, at the age of 43, you are known worldwide, both in and out of the wrestling business. (But we won’t talk about the negatives). You are one half of the former Hardy Boyz, widely regarded to be one of the greatest tag teams to ever grace professional wrestling. But this isn’t all, you aren’t just a tag team wrestler, no, you’ve had great success in your singles career as well. Holding most of the WWE/F titles available to you at some point in your career. In this game, you are sided with the mafia, however you have been known to be great at both being a Heel (Bad guy) and a Face (Good guy) in the wrestling business.

For this reason you are the Godfather, any alignment checks on you will appear as town. Not only this, but due to your high flying maneuverability, especially in your younger years, you bedazzle audiences, so in this game you can (Once in the game) use Swanton Bomb: Name to roleblock somebody.

Your teammate(s) are: Salazzle.

You are sided with the Mafia, you win when you control more than half of the votes.
Blaine. was lynched! They were sided with the mafia!

With all opposing forced gone, Town has won the game, congratulations!

First thing first, thankyou everyone for playing! I have a couple optional questions below, some I deffo know the answer to already :p but first a couple of host notes.

I have to be completely honest, i'm not really happy with how I hosted the game, both balance and fun wise to be honest, i've always had a preference for fun over balance for sure. And in my head I thought the idea of everyone messing each other up with roleblocks or similar effects would be fun, but at a low amount which is why most had X-Shot, obviously this wasn't the case and made it quite an unbalanced game, so in the future I think a little variation would be nice. Anyways, I do really want to host a U-Choose again, and try to be a bit more fun and varied with the roles as I think this is a stronger point of mine. Anyways, the lack of variability here and there with the roles, mixed with the inactivity, (such as mafia having no kill submitted N2 and N3...) meant this wasn't super enjoyable for me, and in turn probably wasn't for the players either, so for this I can only apologise. I do hope that when I make U-Choose 2 / II in the very near future, I can be a bit better with this and kinda make up for this game for lack of a better term.

Anyways, moving on to the questions, that again are completely optional.

Did you have fun?

Did you think the role I gave you fit your character?

Would you play another U-Choose / U-Pick game again, possibly in the near future?

Any suggestions or ideas if you said yes to the above question?

When I'm not as busy as I am now, I can post the other role PMs for the rest of the town members.

Mafia posted no kill in N2 and N3? :0 uhhh this makes that a pretty lame win, but i got blaine. and Salazzle right as Mafia suspects after getting in the game (with the Max1996 confusion being the only error) so not bad on that front!

Did you have fun?
At the start, I guess? Activity died down a lot, and it sucks to know that mafia didn't do anything after N1.

My character is a literal toddler, so it's not like there was much else she could have been. I like how you included the potato in my role; did it do anything, or was it just there to be passed around?

Would you play another U-Choose / U-Pick game again, possibly in the near future?

Sure! :wynaut:

Did you have fun?
At the start, I guess? Activity died down a lot, and it sucks to know that mafia didn't do anything after N1.

My character is a literal toddler, so it's not like there was much else she could have been. I like how you included the potato in my role; did it do anything, or was it just there to be passed around?

Sure! :wynaut:

The potato was eaten by Blaine.and he became a Strongman.

Did you have fun?
Yeah it was alright, I've been in worse games
It fit well enough, I could've been literally any role with who I was, half expected to be a JOAT, was gonna fake claim it at one point but HD wouldn't get off my ass, but nothing new there...
Depends who else is playing honestly, it's fun to have player directed input.
Any suggestions or ideas if you said yes to the above question?
Perhaps we could submit a role we want to see in the game as well and you try to make that fit one of the characters, of course it depends whether it'd fit or not.
Maybe randomly assigning the characters to other people (though that's more like Chaos, but this isn't Bastard)

Also was there no Cop? Blaine's role mentioned one but nobody ever claimed to be one. Last time I put a Godfather in a game without a Cop I got yelled at even though it was a Bastard game.

The potato was eaten by Blaine.and he became a Strongman.
What? Where's this info coming from?

What? Where's this info coming from?

Potatoes are a great source of protein combined with a variety of minerals and vitamins. It only makes sense that it would make Blaine. a big, strong man.

I also read the Mafia chat and that’s what Calvin said the Potato did.

Did you have fun?

1. Till D2.

2. Perfect

3. I'm not done for playing Mafia, I don't have the skills and time.

Mafia posted no kill in N2 and N3?
That's why we lost or else we would have won. Zinnlav wasn't the reason to N2's no kill.

I like how you included the potato in my role; did it do anything, or was it just there to be passed around?
Also was there no Cop? Blaine's role mentioned one but nobody ever claimed to be one. Last time I put a Godfather in a game without a Cop I got yelled at even though it was a Bastard game.

To answer both questions, Potato varied on what night it was given to someone, I'm at work so I don't know the nights of by heart, but night one gave nothing, and then each night after it changed unless the original holder or Mafia got it, (Mafia Kill was piercing, holder got priority vig) one night gave permanent alignment cop to whoever ate the potato, another was a bpv, I think another was a tracker which is where Max's passive came into effect. There might be another one that escapes me at the moment, I'd be happy to give a link to the host sheet when I'm done at work :)

Maybe randomly assigning the characters to other people (though that's more like Chaos, but this isn't Bastard)
Sorry for the double quote / double post. My idea for U-Choose again would be to have it work with the generation style, where everyone has HP but isn't quite limited to Pokemon. I wanted to do that one fairly soon but my confidence kinda wavered after this game lmao. Another one I had was people submit characters for another player.

I'm unsure on the idea of submitting roles, as even though I think it would be fun, a lot of people here prefer the balance side of things, and if hypothetically seven people wanted vig I dunno what I'd do haha. It could work though potentially!

Sorry for the double quote / double post. My idea for U-Choose again would be to have it work with the generation style, where everyone has HP but isn't quite limited to Pokemon. I wanted to do that one fairly soon but my confidence kinda wavered after this game lmao. Another one I had was people submit characters for another player.

I'm unsure on the idea of submitting roles, as even though I think it would be fun, a lot of people here prefer the balance side of things, and if hypothetically seven people wanted vig I dunno what I'd do haha. It could work though potentially!
Well you'd just include a single vig then, or you could not include a vig at all if you didn't think it suited any character. Could just be something to try and influence what roles would be in play.

I'd be interested in co-hosting with you on this in the future if you wanted.

I'd be down for a game where everyone submits a role! Maybe have them randomized to other players though so that people are less likely to submit incredibly OP roles for themselves?

The Generation style game also sounds fun.

I'd be down for a game where everyone submits a role! Maybe have them randomized to other players though so that people are less likely to submit incredibly OP roles for themselves?
If you think this'll stop me submitting OP characters, that's where you're wrong, I like seeing how a host handles it. Like how I had Koro Sensei in Chaos (A practically immortal character who can fly at Mach 20).
I usually do characters I can't see myself using in my own Mafia hosted games, either due to genre or lack of a variety of cast.

If you think this'll stop me submitting OP characters, that's where you're wrong, I like seeing how a host handles it. Like how I had Koro Sensei in Chaos (A practically immortal character who can fly at Mach 20).
I usually do characters I can't see myself using in my own Mafia hosted games, either due to genre or lack of a variety of cast.
Okay, but in a game where everyone submits a role instead of a character you could have people submiting Infinite Deathproof Ninja Strongman Godfather or something like that.

I'd be interested in co-hosting with you on this in the future if you wanted.
For sure! If the interest is still there I'd Co host with you, I do think I want to try the generations style one alone, truth be told. But otherwise I think we'd have a good mesh both having a go at it.

Okay, but in a game where everyone submits a role instead of a character you could have people submiting Infinite Deathproof Ninja Strongman Godfather or something like that.
Nah nah, I meant they could submit a role in addition to a character, and they could be completely unrelated and randomly assigned and a role like that would simply get denied obviously.

Back
Top Bottom