• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ugliest pokemon gen9

PageEmperor

Reaction score
What the title says! Who are some gen9 mons you think are really unsightly?

Last edited:
  • Flutter Mane, Scream Tail and Brutte Bonnet have very usettling eyes and very unbalanced looks. I get that is what they were going for but its not my taste at all and I vastly prefer the originals. Compare them to Slither Wing and Roaring Moon who managed to look mounstrous and graceful at the same time.
  • Iron Jugulis, I never liked Hydreigon and I think its a waste of the hydra concept so this Paradox does nothing to me.
  • Klawf, the face is too cartoony and the cheeks just make it look ridiculous.
  • Maschiff, another bad face and it has very boring colors that do not mix.

- Quaquaval, Grafaiai, Klawf, Wugtrio, Wigglet, Revavroom, Veluza, Dudunsparce, Brute Bonnet, Gholdengo, Sandy Chocks, Cyclizar, Rellor, Shroodle and Spidops.

Gholdengo, Palafin, Quaxly's evolutions (for the record, I never liked Quaxly itself either), Spidops, and the entire Pawmot line.

• Iron Jugulis, I never liked Hydreigon and I think its a waste of the hydra concept so this Paradox does nothing to me.
Not to mention from a little afar it just looks like regular Hydreigon. I heard a while ago that Hydreigon at first was gonna be like a dragon tank and if that's true, it would have been more than appropriate to bring that concept if they were gonna make a robot Hydreigon.

Maschiff, another bad face and it has very boring colors that do not mix.
Maschiff is supposed to have it's face look like that. It's dex entry legitimately says that "It always scowls in an attempt to make opponents take it seriously, but even crying children will burst into laughter when they see Maschiff’s face."

Probably the worst are Quaquaval and Shroodle. And also Tadbulb, I like the concept but I dislike the mon itself, plus it is a true pain to shiny hunt.

Scovillain and Spidops are also pretty ugly.

Last edited:
- Quaquaval, Grafaiai, Klawf, Wugtrio, Wigglet, Revavroom, Veluza, Dudunsparce, Brute Bonnet, Gholdengo, Sandy Chocks, Cyclizar, Rellor, Shroodle and Spidops.

Cyclizar, really? I really disagree. It is actually one of my favorites of this Gen. It is not as cool as Koraidon or Miraidon, but it is a cool-looking lizard, imho. And I used one in my playthrough.

I has three:

Crocalor: This one is less bad than the others, but lets dive in. I like some parts of its design, like the nest/ sombrero. But it falls into the trap that a lot of starter middle evos fall into of trying to be cute and cool like the other members of its family, but end up looking doofy. This is another unfortunate entry in the weird round starter middle evolutions.

Shroodle: What even is this? I know that some pokemon are fantastical, but this? The only thing this looks like is a rodent skull, and even that is a stretch. Unique type combination does not excuse this abomination.

Flittle: If I was confused with shroodle, now this, this is just sad. Its ugly yellow, has a stupid surprised face, and weird pigtails in its anatomy. Absolutely disgusting.

I am not even surprised that I am the first to put Clodsire on the table. #ProudMinority.

Yeah, sorry not sorry but I am not a blob Pokemon person. The Wooper was so cool and having a ground type with a grass resistance and water immunity with Water Absorb is one of the most busted things ever but I was disappointed with Clodsire when it evolved. Granted it's not the worst design I have seen but not the best.

I am not a fan of Crocalor either, have never been since I saw the leak art on Twitter, specifically the egg sombrero thing on its head but Skeledirge is worth it because it's amazing.

I'll also agree with Bellibolt. It had potential, it would have been a fantastic concept if it were Electric/Ground or Electric/Grass and didn't look like a Fisher Price toddler's toy.

Houndstone is not the most attractive design but I don't hate it, my grudge with it is that it has these huge ass claws but can't learn Shadow Claw. What the hell kind of logic is that?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom