• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ugliest Pokemon?

Heatran. I usually like the designs of the Legendaries, but this thing looks like the unholy lovechild child of a toad and a volcano.

Cradily.

It looks like nothing like your typical Pokemon and more like the disgusting sort of creatures you'd find at the bottom of the ocean, what with its freaky tentacles, weird eye positions and strange clashing coloration. I even find its Rock/Grass typing gross.

But these are the reasons why I love it so much.

:( @ the people saying that Gible is ugly! He's so cute.

Keldeo is eh, look like MLP lol.

Tornadus and Thundurus or whatever the hell they are called are ugly. They don't look like pokemon, neither does Landorus n_n. I don't know any other pokemon with a human face.

Oh and Genesect is ugly too ;--;

images
>.<

Cradily.

It looks like nothing like your typical Pokemon and more like the disgusting sort of creatures you'd find at the bottom of the ocean, what with its freaky tentacles, weird eye positions and strange clashing coloration. I even find its Rock/Grass typing gross.

But these are the reasons why I love it so much.

Ffft, Cradily is a boss. I love its design.

keldeo got stolen from my little ponys new line of toys, genesect from tranformers, and the genies from ugly moustace, afro combo magazine. those five legends bug me. also probopass is a freak...i dont like it. nosepass is boss tho. and dunsparce is adorable idk what you are talking about. also a hideous pokemon is basculin. i HATE it. its like a magikarp with no bounce no flail. and it dont evolve. not to mention that unfortunantly my first 5th gen shiny was a basculin >__>

shiftry. he's one of my favorite pokemon, but... ahhh god it's like an evil tree/human thing.

I just stumbled upon this thread and am trying to think of some Pokemon that have not been mentioned yet. Please keep in mind I am a huge fan of the franchise (as I assume we all are), and these opinions come from a place of love and respect.
*Clears throat* First, I will agree that Keldeo is definitely not a favorite of mine, design-wise. I've never obtained one, however, so perhaps that opinion would change. In fact many, not all, but many of the legendaries from recent gens (IV - VI) have been asthetically displeasing to me.
I still haven't warmed up to Hawlucha. I know a lot of people really love and enjoy using him, and he has a very interesting, long-awaited, typing but I'm just not a fan.
I've also never been a fan of Bronzong, Kricketune, Hippowdon, Volbeat, Illumise, and many others. Those are some I can think of off the top of my head at the moment.
I also find many Pokemon mentioned earlier in this thread to be very cute, so to each their own!

My usual reaction to thinking a Pokemon is ugly is seeing if I can draw it in a way so that it appeals to me, and so far one of the only ones I haven't been able to do anything about my dislike for is Shiftry. Its feet kinda freak me out and it kind of reminds me of a nutcracker... I don't know how it uses those arms for anything, they don't look like they can bend anywhere other than where they connect to it's block body. I really dislike Ferroseed as well, that thing is pretty ugly. The only thing I like about it is that it eventually evolves into Ferrothorn, whose design and Gen VI animation make it a lot more interesting to me. (the Gen VI reinterpretation of Ferroseed only made it worse, now it doesn't even spin anymore, it's just buried and immobile) Pineco's not great either, maybe I just don't like seed Pokemon that much.

I thought I hated Pinsir and Conkeldurr, but they ended up growing on me... and after a lot of hard work I no longer completely hate Mr. Mime, but I can't deny that it's 3D model makes it look really creepy and unappealing (which was probably a good thing, I'm very impressed with how creepy they got it to look)

And dang Garbodor is one of my all time favorites, it and Trubbish are both really appealing to me.

and Gible is actually my favorite out of the Garchomp line, I really... don't like Garchomp's design, for some reason. I think it's how humanoid it's body and stance are?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom