• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

UK Celebi event announced: Pokémon Black and White prelaunch event to be held at GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UK Celebi event announced: Pokémon Black and White prelaunch event to be held at

I heard they're having a problem in Australia, the machine with the event on got damaged in a fire, and the back up one got washed away.

The second backup were stolen by 4chan and the third backup were abducted by aliens.

Seems like the European countries that usually get nothing got the best deal this time. I feel sorry for those of you who missed out. And that I got no wi-fi so I can't trade you any of mine.

Re: UK Celebi event announced: Pokémon Black and White prelaunch event to be held at

Man, why is it that this pokemon in particular has always been such a pain in the arse to obtain? Even back in the G/S days you'd be lucky to hear of anyone who'd legitimately got their hands on one of these little buggers.

...and apart from that, being as old as I am now, I'd be too embarrassed to turn up in a store to download some pokemon :p
I hope they can WiFi this guy in the future, though with BW out so soon, it isn't looking likely...

I heard they're having a problem in Australia, the machine with the event on got damaged in a fire, and the back up one got washed away.

... I hate you guys...

...and apart from that, being as old as I am now, I'd be too embarrassed to turn up in a store to download some pokemon :p

To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

-CS Lewis

Seriously, mate, I'm 30 and I'm going.

Yeah, so nothing for Wales or either North and South Ireland. Thanks a lot Nintendo. I'd been really looking forward to this :(

To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

-CS Lewis

... I want that quote on a huge poster in my room. :)

-CS Lewis

You are now officially my hero.

take it easy.. i am 31 and act like a kid when it comes to pokemon... you should've seen me in the game shop when i bought pokemon SS... the guy behind the counter said he wish only more people would act the way i did when buying a new game

*rse. Too tricky to get to, too expensive, and we have guests round that weekend, oh and isn't Reading Station currently closed for massive repairs? BAAAH. This had better be on Wi-Fi...

I come from Birmingham too, and i'm scratching my head as to why it didn't cross Nintendo and GAME's minds to host one of these events in the Second City! Travelling to another region of the country is just too much hassle for a Pokemon event, moreso because i'm not driving yet, and I got enough grief from my Dad for me getting him to take me to the Deoxys event in Birmingham at Star City five years ago. Oh dear. :'(

Man, why is it that this pokemon in particular has always been such a pain in the arse to obtain? Even back in the G/S days you'd be lucky to hear of anyone who'd legitimately got their hands on one of these little buggers.

I hope they can WiFi this guy in the future, though with BW out so soon, it isn't looking likely...
Go into Game with your DS, pretend to be browsing as you look at "man games" like COD, download it, and leave. Simples.

I don't even like Celebi that much but I've never had one so I'll be heading to the Bristol event. I went there for Arceus and I think people were downloading it from outside the store as well if you don't actually want to go inside. I was there for less than five minutes (and nobody paid me any attention what-so-ever).

Forget the mall tour, I'm going to Hamleys. Don't get me wrong, I live in Ireland, but I'm on holiday for mid-term in London. Strange about the fact there's such short notice. As well as so few stores.

By the way, NoE never do events in Ireland. Just search for "Pokémon in Ireland" in bulbapedia to find out why.

>Brighton
>YES.

Hehe, I'm not too far from Brighton but never been - going to make a day of it, methinks!

It does officially suck for a lot of people though. No Birmingham event is strange, especially since the VGC was held there! I'm just not sure why they're not giving it more promotion - wouldn't it be in Game's favour to get more customers?

-CS Lewis

i know right - i'm 33 & i grew out of giving a hoot in my early twenties

anyway which one to attend...

i may do the oxford street one as it comes first but i'd rather go to hamleys & buy some transformers (if they have better stock than my local TRU...)

hey i might see some of you there - i'm the skinhead with the scars (don't be fooled by appearances i'm not a thug okay)

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!(beats head repeatedly against wall) STILL NO BLOODY AUSTRALIA!

Oh how wonderfully perfect. Tournament in London on 19th Feb. Celebi event a ten minute walk away on the same day. My luck is finally starting to turn with events!

Go into Game with your DS, pretend to be browsing as you look at "man games" like COD, download it, and leave. Simples.

For extra points, just mention that you're downloading it for your sick little brother.
I'll be in the Meadowhall event on the 20th if anyone from Sheffield is also reading this. :-D

For extra points, just mention that you're downloading it for your sick little brother.
I'll be in the Meadowhall event on the 20th if anyone from Sheffield is also reading this. :-D

Then's there's always the outside if you don't wanna go in to the store.....I've done it before with Jirachi last year.....But I still went into the store....But that's just me.....I've even heard people driving up by the store in their car and downloading it while they were in there car, then drving off like Battman.....So Grave-E, there's lots of way to go about downloading and Event Pokemon without even being noticed. Which ever way is good for you.......What really matters..is that you get the Pokemon that you came to the store for in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom