• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

UK Celebi event announced: Pokémon Black and White prelaunch event to be held at GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UK Celebi event announced: Pokémon Black and White prelaunch event to be held at

Told you guys you would get one!

Re: UK Celebi event announced: Pokémon Black and White prelaunch event to be held at

I live in Wales, and the nearest one I can get to is Bristol :L Why not just do one in every Game store, or just over WFC?

The only Celebi event I will ever be able to get, and I can't get to it.
Thanks, Nintendo :p

I'm going.

Quite excited. :)

For those attending the Liverpool event tomorrow, I'll be the creepy long-haired goth guy in the leather jacket >.>

Just got back from the Oxford Street event. The entire outside of the shop is Pokémon-themed, with enormous posters of Reshiram and Zekrom. Most of the people downloading were around my age or older, which I found surprising. There was a terminal with several DSis attached where you could play BW. An artist was painting the starter of your choosing on people's hands [I saw Snivy being painted]. There was also a prize draw to get a Limited Pokémon Black Bundle. Of course, there was the downloadable Celebi, as well!

Here's mine:

Celebi [in Cherish Ball]
Adamant nature.
Feb. 19, 2011
Pokémon Event
Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 50.
Alert to sounds.
OT: WIN2011
ID No. 01211
Item: Jaboca Berry
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon
Moves: Leaf Storm, Recover, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish.

Fantastic. Guess I'll have to go to the Sheffield event tomorrow, good thing I saw this today so I didn't miss it completely!

VM me or something if you're gonna be there.

*sigh* I miss living in London - it was so easy to get to events there! There was always one ridiculously close!

Just got back from the Oxford Street event. The entire outside of the shop is Pokémon-themed, with enormous posters of Reshiram and Zekrom. Most of the people downloading were around my age or older, which I found surprising. There was a terminal with several DSis attached where you could play BW. An artist was painting the starter of your choosing on people's hands [I saw Snivy being painted]. There was also a prize draw to get a Limited Pokémon Black Bundle. Of course, there was the downloadable Celebi, as well!

Back from Liverpool, and altogether a similar experience. The shopfront looked pretty spectacular. Also, one of the staff was demo-ing a 3DS, though this didn't seem to be part of the Pokemon event.

Yeah, same here at Sheffield - although I suspect no one else took and hour and a half train journey to get there.

After the Gamerbase Tournament, I went to Oxford Street. They'd turned the machines off, and refused to turn them back on, despite the store still being open. We even phoned Nintendo, and they refused to intervene, so I'm having to rush-plan a trip to Bedford tomorrow.

Needless to say, I'm not impressed.

After the Gamerbase Tournament, I went to Oxford Street. They'd turned the machines off, and refused to turn them back on, despite the store still being open. We even phoned Nintendo, and they refused to intervene, so I'm having to rush-plan a trip to Bedford tomorrow.

That sucks so much Ryu. I feel for you. BTW, what's the OT for the Celebi you guys get?

WIN2011

Just to add, the Crown Beasts are also WIN2011. I'm hoping to get all four WIN Pokémon. XD

Just to add, the Crown Beasts are also WIN2011. I'm hoping to get all four WIN Pokémon. XD

Yeah. I know about the WIN Beasts. But to get back on topic, enjoy my friends. I assure you there won't be anything even remotely similar to what you guys get in my rinky dink town's Gamestop.

Weeeeeeaaaak.

Did you get there before 6pm? Because I remember the event being advertised as running from 9am to 6pm. It's pretty crappy if they've gone back on that.

In fact, it wasn't just me who went to GAME; it was just less than a dozen of us, plus random little kids.

Weeeeeeaaaak.

Did you get there before 6pm? Because I remember the event being advertised as running from 9am to 6pm. It's pretty crappy if they've gone back on that.
I haven't seen any notice about it running until 6pm; just checked the Game website as well, and there was no indication in-store or on any of the promotional material. We must have arrived at just after 7pm. But seriously, would it have killed them to go back-store and turn on the distribution for ten minutes?

Last edited:

In fact, it wasn't just me who went to GAME; it was just less than a dozen of us, plus random little kids.
I'm pondering if there might be a story in this. It does seem like a slight against fans.

What time did you get there, exactly?

That is pure Tauros poop. Hopefully you can get the Celebi. Wouldn't want anyone to miss out on the event because of some lazy employee.

I haven't seen any notice about it running until 6pm; just checked the Game website as well, and there was no indication in-store or on any of the promotional material. We must have arrived at just after 7pm. But seriously, would it have killed them to go back-store and turn on the distribution for ten minutes?
Bad advertising aside, should they make an exception for every group of people who come in late? Especially an hour late?

I'm pondering if there might be a story in this. It does seem like a slight against fans.

What time did you get there, exactly?
Considering that I over-heard someone say they stopped the distribution at 7, and the tournament finished roughly at 6, I'd say it was just after 7pm. But yeah, I saw no notice of any time restraints on the event, and the store in question was still open. They'd taken down the demos into the back room, and the face painter had gone (to be fair, it was late), but they could have turned the distribution back on for 10 minutes; especially considering we explained the situation - that we were busy staffing a tournament (to help promote a franchise of games which they sell).

I sent Nintendo an email telling them how I feel...my feet still ache from the walk from Piccadilly to Oxford Street; and that was over 5 hours ago. I'll wait to see if I hear back from them before I turn it into a scandal xD

Me and the people who went to Game have arranged to meet up to travel to Bedford tomorrow. After the insane week I had, I was hoping for a lie-in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom