• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Ultra Beasts in future generations.

Reaction score
Ultra Beasts were an interesting concept - alien Pokémon from other dimensions coming into our own like invasive species. But while their presence in Alola is completely justified, there's one slight problem: obtaining them in future generations.
How do you think we'll capture Ultra Beasts in Gen VIII and beyond? Personally, I can see a postgame dungeon leading to a room with an Ultra Wormhole. Behind this portal will be a random UB that changes daily.

I don't see them being included in the initial versions. I'd expect them to be incorporated into Sinnoh via a portal.

I think it'd be cool to have a sort of post-game "research study" that let you go into Ultra Space and obtain them, but I imagine they'll more likely become Pokemon you have to transfer up.

A problem I have with all the plot-important Pokémon in Gen 7 is that they'll have to shoehorn them into every future generation.

A problem I have with all the plot-important Pokémon in Gen 7 is that they'll have to shoehorn them into every future generation.
Isn't that true for all the previous plot-important Pokemon, though? Dialga and Palkia are Pokemon so powerful that Cyrus could have made a new world with them, and had to be summoned by using three legendaries native to the region-but in Gen 6, they just appear in a random rift in timespace above Hoenn.

An Ultra beast i would like to see is ( UB : Missingno.) a UB that have no solid form it is a cloud of pixils that move around and is Normal/Ghost type.
It would be a good UB if the next game is gen 1 remake/sequle.

I was more concerned about Pokémon such as Type: Null, whose origin is tied to the Aether Foundation, and there are said to only be three in existence. Then again, Game Freak can use parallel universes to retcon everything.

Hoopa spawns them.

Or in the future they're just normal Pokes now. So many came over and they nicely lived all over the world.

The most likely if you gotta bank them. There's still dudes now you can't get. Maybe some will be gifts or in game trades.

Maybe some will get pre-evos similar to Poipole that can be found in the wild after they migrated to this world, and then you could evolve them into their bigger forms like Naganadel.

Tbf though, I basically see the UBs as legendaries, and I don’t like when they make legendaries available willy-nilly like they have the last 2 generations.

An Ultra beast i would like to see is ( UB : Missingno.) a UB that have no solid form it is a cloud of pixils that move around and is Normal/Ghost type.
It would be a good UB if the next game is gen 1 remake/sequle.
That would be a clever way to make missingno canon. And I'd kill to have an Ultabeast that finally gives us the long awaited Fire/Ice typing.

I really enjoyed the Ultra Beasts, but disappointed that there were no Water-type UBs, as I love the Water-type, but I think Water has been paired up with every type already, but Generation VIII is crying out for a Water-type UB.

I don’t think a fairy UB was much needed since we already have 4 fairy legendaries already in the form of Tapus in this generation.
As far as type balancing goes, I totally agree, but looking at just the concept of UBs, I really would have liked to see Fairy toyed with. It feels like the "weirdest" type to me, so I think seeing it implemented in a group of Pokemon specially designed to be weird would be really fun!

As far as type balancing goes, I totally agree, but looking at just the concept of UBs, I really would have liked to see Fairy toyed with. It feels like the "weirdest" type to me, so I think seeing it implemented in a group of Pokemon specially designed to be weird would be really fun!

When Blacephalon was revealed I speculated it to be fairy type instead of ghost, and it still gives fairy vibes to me, so a fairy UB imo would take a direction similar to Blacephalon.

It's... possible that we may see Ultra Beasts in future generations, but I'm personally doubtful. They seem pretty culturally tied to Alola to some degree, mostly because of Solgaleo and Lunala having that ability to travel into Ultra Space and being able to interact with UBs.

If they were to make any sort of future return, that means that there would have to be a legendary Pokemon in Gen 8 that would have some connection with them some way or another, or have the ability to cross dimensions like Solgaleo and Lunala do.

Or in the future they're just normal Pokes now. So many came over and they nicely lived all over the world.
Nice explanation, and the anime has shown a Celesteela landed or roamed in Alola for 200 years.
But we could retcon some old existing Pokémon into UB Pokémon. In my theory Eevee could have been a good choice to retcon as an UB since no Pokémon could evolve like that way.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom