• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ultra Beasts Speculation

If the UBs are too easy, then they will become rather forgettable. People in this series always remember the harder battles, such as; Whitney (Miltank), Ghetsis (Hydreigon), and Cynthia. If they are very hard bosses, then they will be remembered as such. You also have to remember that these are individual bosses. Legendary Pokemon themselves are honestly only difficult because we are trying to catch them. Were it not for that, they would be a disappointment. If the UBs are non-catchable, then they definitely need to be above legends to make up for that.

I guess I got too used to just tossing the Master Ball at the box Legendary and calling it a day. Fighting N's Zekrom was a rude surprise...that thing is a juggernaut. Then again, I ended up not using Reshiram so I pretty much brought it on myself.

Like I said, I don't mind a challenge, but stuff like auto-charm abilities make me nervous lol. I mean as long as it's manageable then whatever.

If UB-02 Beauty has instant love ability, does this mean that UB-02 Absorption will have insanely high Defense and Attack due to being all muscle? This could be evened out by giving it low Sp.Def.

This is all assuming that Ultra Beasts have stats like Pokemon.

If the UBs are too easy, then they will become rather forgettable. People in this series always remember the harder battles, such as; Whitney (Miltank), Ghetsis (Hydreigon), and Cynthia. If they are very hard bosses, then they will be remembered as such. You also have to remember that these are individual bosses. Legendary Pokemon themselves are honestly only difficult because we are trying to catch them. Were it not for that, they would be a disappointment. If the UBs are non-catchable, then they definitely need to be above legends to make up for that.
Yep, this is true.
Ghetsis: MWAHAHAHAHA This White Kyurem is incredibly powerful, you'll probably lose horribly.
Me: *One-shots (maybe two-shots, it was a while ago) with Flash Cannon*

Really, I honestly want the fights with Ultra Beasts to be utterly infuriating. Give us a huge challenge with these guys, make, them worse than Whitney, Ghetsis, and Cynthia combined!

I'll be honest, I think we may be asking for too much if we want the Ultra Beasts to be the ultimate "screw you" boss. I mean, yes, Pokemon is an RPG, but I still don't trust Game Freak to make these things worthy of being equivalent to the likes of, say, an Etrian Odyssey final boss.

they both look like strong bug type pokemon, maybe bug/dark and bug/psychic?

If they are human made like Magearna and Type: Null then maybe created recently and not yet make known to the world. Maybe they escaped there creators?

maybe they got Wonder guard like abilities?
the dont need very high bst if they are immune to special or physical attacks or are immune to speed based moves and other kinds.

Absorption could suck out hp by switching out oponents like the name states, Beauty is said to be fast and avoid lighting maybe it could avoid priority moves and have Dazzling or get better ability and avoid attacks from slower pokemon then itself is? (maybe some electric attacks will get changed priority or we get new ones???)

Last edited:
Ultra Beasts a probably rebattlable in a special area or something. They don't seem catchable so that is the only way I can think of to keep them around.

Ultra Beasts a probably rebattlable in a special area or something. They don't seem catchable so that is the only way I can think of to keep them around.

or they are already someones else pokemon in game? you cant catch a cathed pokemon.
Plus we don't know if we cant catch them, maybe they will be given after game realeas, or we get to catch them after main plot?

Ultra Beasts : could see a scorpion or other more animalistic creature coming next.

UB-02 Beauty looks now like a bug/fairy or even a steel type to me if i longer look at it.
The other one could be bug but also ground , steel, fighting if you look longer.

Last edited:
To be honest, I feel like Ultra Beasts will have unique strengths and weaknesses and not be limited by Pokémon types, although I do like the theory of them being human/Pokémon hybrids so maybe after you beat the game you can 'purify' them of their human DNA and they'll become purely Pokémon? In which case, Beauty and Absorption are definitely Bug and I can see ??? being Ice or Rock due to apparently being glass like.

Beauty would be Bug/Fairy, because Fairies seem beautiful. Absorption would be Bug/Fighting, because it seems all muscle and power.

Beauty would be Bug/Fairy, because Fairies seem beautiful. Absorption would be Bug/Fighting, because it seems all muscle and power.

250px-122Mr._Mime.png

250px-210Granbull.png

250px-Tapu_Koko.png

To be fair though, trying to apply any secondary type to Beauty is annoying becuase of how vague it looks e-e

I'm just wondering if we are going to "battle" them somehow. I don't mind if they aren't Pokémon, but I just wonder how exactly they will play out.

or they are already someones else pokemon in game? you cant catch a cathed pokemon.
Plus we don't know if we cant catch them, maybe they will be given after game realeas, or we get to catch them after main plot?

Ultra Beasts : could see a scorpion or other more animalistic creature coming next.

UB-02 Beauty looks now like a bug/fairy or even a steel type to me if i longer look at it.
The other one could be bug but also ground , steel, fighting if you look longer.
Ultra Beasts are not pokemon since they are not listed as pokemon.

I feel that we'll only find out about the Ultra Beasts when we play the game. I may be wrong though.

I think Game Freak wouldn't use existing types or moves for the Ultra Beasts. I think they'd bring back the ??? type and create ???-equivalents of existing moves similar to Shadow Moves in XD.

I'm just wondering if we are going to "battle" them somehow. I don't mind if they aren't Pokémon, but I just wonder how exactly they will play out.

I assume the same way we handled battling non-Pokemon opponents in PokeStar Studios....

If you want my opinion, I think Ultra Beasts will have standard typing if we are to fight them.
Part of my reason for this is because I don't want the return of potential game crashes with the ??? type. Yes, I realise that is more to do with an opinion on the ??? type itself, but there's a reason they removed it and I don't see it coming back unless it was given proper designations - otherwise it's nothing more than a typeless type.

Also, it wouldn't be exciting if we couldn't discover the breakthrough of being able to defeat them, or if they have the ability to gain STAB and hit us for major damage!

Back
Top Bottom