• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HELP: Ultra Fan Fic OU Survey

Persephone

The Vulture Queen
Reaction score
Hi,

A few months ago I ran a survey to get hard data on what pokemon were the most common in fan fiction. But that survey had limits. Notably, I had to compile every single entry by hand. I also rejected entries with fewer than six pokemon input (which was almost half of them) and there was a great deal of confusion about the instructions. There were also some questions I just couldn't answer given the questions I asked.

I'm trying to fix that this time. I hope you'll help me. Feel free to PM with any questions.

Fan Fic OU Survey 2.0

I'll add the most prominent Pokémon in A New Place, A New Attitude, but keep in mind that it's an anthology story. Some of the Pokémon I selected only appear in a chapter that hasn't been finished yet. I'm also not sure what age and gender have to do with this; is your theory that different demographics will use different Pokémon?

Also, it's a crossover set in the other franchise's canon settings (for the most part), so I just selected "original region".

EDIT: There's a Lucario in one of the shorts, which I forgot to select on the poll. To cut a long story short, this story is part of a shared universe, and it was someone else's idea a few years ago to make that character a Lucario, so I guess you could say he doesn't count?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom