• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Ultra Necrozma or Eternamax Eternatus? (Poll up)

Who would you fight?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
If you had to fight one of these guys and you had no one to help you with the Eternamax Eternatus fight (no Hop, no Legendary Pokemon; just you and your Pokemon), which would you pick?

Last edited:
Eternamax is a chump

I mean, if I really had to choose between which one I'd prefer a solo boss fight against, I don't know why I would say anything other than Necrozma. What I loved about the Eternatus fight was that it used the Max Raid format to really give it a sense of being a boss and to get involvement from other entities in the story (Hop and the wolves). You take that away, and you've just got a tediously overpowered slog. UN, while strong, isn't so overwhelmingly powerful that the battle drags on - in fact, you kind of have to try to be as efficient as you can about beating it, because it's so capable of one-shotting your team members (unless you cheese it, anyway).

And I think it's better the way it is for the sake of flavor, too. Necrozma's light is responsible for Totem Pokémon, and its own battle feels like an escalation of those. Meanwhile, Eternatus is responsible for Dynamax energy, and indeed, its boss battle is a Max Raid. It's all fitting just fine.

As far as design and implementations go, though, I think I pretty firmly prefer Eternatus. Even though it is a Dragon type, it is also a Poison type, which is a virtually unused type for Legendaries, whereas Necrozma bundles up the two most overused ones there are. And I guess "big, purple, vaguely insectoid alien dragon skeleton" is just more my kind of thing than "dragon-shaped field of light with awkward-looking claws and limb placements". Plus, Eternatus is just simpler. Necrozma's backstory and the whole conception of Ultra Space is a convoluted, multidimensional mess that I've spent far too long thinking about. Granted, I'm not thrilled that Eternatus just apes Deoxys and/or Kyurem's "it came on a meteor long ago" shtick, but at least it's just that and not actually copying a whole idea (fusing with the paired box mascots) and needing an extra pair of games to explain everything. For what it's worth though, I do quite like the broken form of Necrozma. But I'm also fascinated by hands and by bones, if anyone recalls my old avatar, and Eternamaxnatus appeals to that for me.

Last edited:
Ultra Necrozma by far, in terms of design and the typing fits too. Eternamax Eternatus's form, while cool, doesn't do much justice to its Dragon type. Instead it should have been part Psychic seeing as Psychic is commonly associated with the "Outer space" theme. Psychic/Poison, or Poison/Psychic would have been nice and be a NEW type combo altogether, not to say, contrasts nicely with the primary legendaries' types of Fairy and Fighting.

That said, I would have really wanted to see a Max Raid battle against Ultra Necrozma. That would be so epic.

Seeing as how Ultra Necrozma's theme is one of the best pieces Pokemon has ever delivered, it's no contest.

temperate take: i like the dusk mane/dawn wings theme better

is the question right?
did you mean design wise?
battle wise? easy? hard?
people could think differently then the question suggets?

type wise Eternatus is better, but U-Necrozma got better ability

is the question right?
did you mean design wise?
battle wise? easy? hard?
people could think differently then the question suggets?

type wise Eternatus is better, but U-Necrozma got better ability
I'm just simple curiose which one someone would want to fight and why. Can be for many reasons. Some might prefer the design of one over the other. How powerful one is compared to the other and so on.

I'm just simple curiose which one someone would want to fight and why. Can be for many reasons. Some might prefer the design of one over the other. How powerful one is compared to the other and so on.

I chose the harder foe, dragon/poison is harder type wise if Im not mistaken?
status wise, also Eternatus is stronger totals stats 690 , with Eternamax 1125, 4 weaknesses only
a bigger oponent then U-Necrozma total stats 754. Neuroforce rises SE moves power 25% and 6 weaknesses

Design wise and story wise U-Necrozma was beautiful but strategically and beeing a oponent then Eternatus...

Its like with Software games, Shinobi Execution where people like stronger oponents and harder games to battle on.
_

Ultra Sun and Moon had better usage generally of abilities and items by oponents then Sword and Shield... also generaly the games give us a mono legendary oponent...

Imagine how would You battle if it would control the wolfes and it would be a tripple battle and it would get its own unique ability to handle the situation? Then the battle would get really interesting.

If I had no help, well then Ultra Necrozma easily since I know I can beat it on my own. I don't think I could have ever beat Eternamax Eternatus without assistance.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom