• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Ultra Space Variants?

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
As we all know, SM introduced us to the concept of regional variants, which involve revamping old Pokémon by given them new types, abilities, and sometimes different stat distribution. Given the titles of this new pair of games, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, I'm wondering if Game Freak's willing to give us Ultra Space variants. I personally see it as a great way to make the Ultra Beasts and Ultra Space more relevant to the plot, and it could lead to some interesting designs.

I'd like to see your guys' opinions on this. Do you think we'll see any Ultra Space variants in USUM? If any, which ones do you see Game Freak adding? Do you want any Ultra Space variants? Discuss!

I see more UBs happening before variants to be honest.

Unless they do confirm that Ultra Beasts are canonized glitches and make a few variations of Nihilego that are rock/flying, rock/water, and pure ghost. But yeah...i doubt it.

I'm thinking Ultra Variant would be great way for Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, But I'm concern on how would they work, do you go into Ultra Space, and then they change forms? I wouldn't mind if we more Ultra Beast, but it's probably not likely because GF already introduce all the Alola pokemon in the game, well that never stopped GF to design new ones, especially getting new Alolan forms. So If they did that I'm down with it.

I could maybe see them giving alternative forms to the existing Ultra Beasts, but Ultra Space variants for regular Pokémon feels like a stretch to me. I'm torn as to the basic idea - on the one hand, it could produce some neat, weird designs, but on the other hand, remaking familiar Pokémon to look like bizarre aliens could easily come off as being too strange. Not quite "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," but more "exactly what is the ultimate point of redesigning Pikachu to have four arms, comically enlarged eyeballs that float up into the sky like balloons, and a twelve-foot-long actual lightning bolt for a tail?"

At any rate, I'd rather they make more Alola Forms.

I see more UBs happening before variants to be honest.

Unless they do confirm that Ultra Beasts are canonized glitches and make a few variations of Nihilego that are rock/flying, rock/water, and pure ghost. But yeah...i doubt it.
I'm talking about regular Pokémon adapting to Ultra Space, though I do like your idea of Ultra Beasts adapting to different environments. There's even precedent of this with Solgaleo/Lunala!

This is a neat idea!
Like imagine a Snorlax getting trapped in Ultra Space that ends up becoming skeletal and ends up being a Normal\ Ghost

I'm talking about regular Pokémon adapting to Ultra Space, though I do like your idea of Ultra Beasts adapting to different environments. There's even precedent of this with Solgaleo/Lunala!

Yeah...I kind of realized that after I replied. But I still see more ultra beasts or UB variants happening much before anything else.

I mean Ultra Beasts are already Ultra Space variants of pokemon. I also doubt the pokemon we have would even be in that dimention since it has its own specific kind of pokemon. Unless that is they already live in another dimention and/or can hop them like the lake guardians and Giratina in the Distortion World (In before Sinnoh confirmed.). Even then they'd either be the same or with relitively minor changes which wouldn't really fit with the Ultra Beasts' designs.

Last edited:
I'd prefer regional variants, but Ultra Space variants is such an interesting concept, and I'd love to see it happen. But it would be more meaningful if we actually got to see the landscapes and habitats that warped them.

I doubt it, but it seems like an interesting concept~ UBs with multiple different typings could be pretty cool and not that hard to believe~

Can't see it for regular Pokemon since they're not meant to inhabit Ultra Space normally anyway~

I don't think there will be Ultra Space variants, BUT the Alolan forms will have an Ultra-Beast touch to them, since I think the Poni wormhole(??) is releasing a lot of the energy.

The concept of Ultra Space variants for the Alolan Pokémon sounds cool, though not very likely. If anything, we might see new Alolan forms, but Ultra Space variants seems like a far-fetched idea to me.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom