• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Confirmed

I've not been keeping up to date as of late, have we had any new info since the early June announcement?

Nope. Many leaks that are probably fake, I think the only substantive thing is some merchandising advert that seems to hint at a new Pokemon, but I think it's probably going to be the rumored third forme of Lycanroc.

Nope. Many leaks that are probably fake, I think the only substantive thing is some merchandising advert that seems to hint at a new Pokemon, but I think it's probably going to be the rumored third forme of Lycanroc.

I don't see how a 3rd Lycanroc form would work. Midday and Midnight seem pretty balanced, I can't imagine what a 3rd form would be. Also as we have 2 new games, which game would get the new one and how would it be determined? Couldn't it be a new form?

I don't see how a 3rd Lycanroc form would work. Midday and Midnight seem pretty balanced, I can't imagine what a 3rd form would be. Also as we have 2 new games, which game would get the new one and how would it be determined? Couldn't it be a new form?
With US/UM we might get two more form of Lycanroc.

I only mentioned the 3rd Lycanroc forme as there is apparently a spot in the code for Lycanroc to have another forme. Plus in the anime Gladion has the midnight forme, and I am almost willing to bet that TCPi will troll us and have Olivia have the Midday forme (the anime is mentioning speed and the signature move of Midday Lycanroc is Accelrock). So if Ash's Rockruff were to evolve into something... a previously unseen forme of Lycanroc?

Plus, Midday is a reference to Noon, and Midnight is a reference to just that.. Midnight. So there is a possibility of references to dawn and dusk when the sun rises and the sun sets. I highly doubt this, but anything is possible.

It wouldn't surprise me considering Ash's Greninja got it's own special forme.

A third form could be related to a specific item/location/etc. It'd be pretty easy to add something that didn't exist in SM, whatever it is.

For example: under normal conditions in US, Rockruff evolves into Midday Forme. Under normal conditions in UM, it evolves into Midnight Forme. In new location X, it evolves into Y Forme.

"Eclipse Forme" would be my guess. Related to "sun" and "moon", no need to have "dusk" without "dawn" or vice versa, etc etc.

SM did a lot of attention with news, because it was a New Generation, With US/UM I don't think likely to announce that much like they did with SM. With nothing announced on May, the lack of info from June, No E3 hearing, and no beginning of july announcement, they probably won't announce it just to keep them hype, although the fans will think it's a bad game if they don't announce anything soon. Good thing we got Corocoro this week, I doubt it'll focus on Pokemon Movie "I Choose You", because it'll be in movie screening in July 15th.
I see this mentality everywhere and I laugh. We had only 3 months of coverage for B2W2 and its arguably the franchise in its peak form. Everyone needs to calm down and wait a bit.

I think it would be neat for Rockruff to evolve in Ultra Space under the influence of UB, depending on Day or night. That would easily explain 2 more Lycanroc forms.

I see this mentality everywhere and I laugh. We had only 3 months of coverage for B2W2 and its arguably the franchise in its peak form. Everyone needs to calm down and wait a bit.
Guess what? People were hooked on them to begin with because they were the first direct sequels.

I certainly expected BW sequels, but I was still positively surprised to be proven right because I didn't exactly have enough faith in Game Freak. Despite that positive step, everything Masuda has done since has damaged my faith more, except for releasing SM instead of Z and letting Ohmori be the director. But Masuda's influence is still very much felt.

I certainly expected BW sequels, but I was still positively surprised to be proven right because I didn't exactly have enough faith in Game Freak. Despite that positive step, everything Masuda has done since has damaged my faith more, except for releasing SM instead of Z and letting Ohmori be the director. But Masuda's influence is still very much felt.
They did surprised us with a Sequel instead of a third game, I mean who knows, if GF do something for Sinnoh, instead of remake, they might give us a Sequel instead.

They wouldn't use Sinnoh as the first old region to give a sequel to. Not every unpredictable outcome makes sense.
Like I said who knows, the fans are demanding them, plus they did surprised with US/UM with an "alternate version", they probably won't do remake after ORAS.

USUM are pretty much Stars for 3DS. So let's just say that they weren't a positive surprise.

Fans aren't demanding DP sequels because they have little reason to expect them; most of them aren't even begging for DP remakes yet. Now, if Kanto/Johto sequels happened first and surprassed ORAS' sales, that would make Sinnoh sequels much more likely.

USUM are pretty much Stars for 3DS. So let's just say that they weren't a positive surprise.

Fans aren't demanding DP sequels because they have little reason to expect them; most of them aren't even begging for DP remakes yet. Now, if Kanto/Johto sequels happened first and surprassed ORAS' sales, that would make Sinnoh sequels much more likely.
That would be neccesary if Kanto/Johto Sequel would happen first if they'll be a Sinnoh Sequel, Plus We don't know exactly what US/UM is, some people think it's a third game, some of them think it's a sequel, with the lack of info, I hope we get some news soon.

If they were sequels they would have been announced as such. I can't stress this enough; negative marketing doesn't make a lick of sense.

Back
Top Bottom