• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Confirmed

I can't help thinking that a real life Team Lillie can exist, seeing the fanbase.
Atleast they're not as Team Rocket-sy as Team Skull. And the main plot makes such sense (wouldn't the world burn if it had a Sun Pokémon, the real Sun and an Ultra Sun Pokémon? Lol). And the trailer seems like it was made in the days of 'Hoenn Confirmed!' Memes.

Good thing we got Corocoro this week, I doubt it'll focus on Pokemon Movie "I Choose You", because it'll be in movie screening in July 15th.

Joe said there's nothing about USUM on CoroCoro's cover, just the Ho-Oh distribution, so I wouldn't expect anything.

Joe said there's nothing about USUM on CoroCoro's cover, just the Ho-Oh distribution, so I wouldn't expect anything.
I checked it out on Twitter, looks like we'll get some news in August then.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvDtFNTzNSk

the japanese youtube posted this recently

hmm, it seems to be related to usum, maybe?

the translations, apparently...
“Is this a time slip?
Is it manipulating time?
It came from the moon?
Is it a space virus?
Is this an encounter with aliens?
The battle with the alien invader has begun!
Is this the underside of this world?
Is this a puzzle of ancient relics?
Is this an attack from a parallel universe?
Is it possessing humans?"

The video ends with a group of Unown, one of the most ancient Pokémon that also form an alphabet. The letters spell out “Is something happening?

Last edited:
It's not. It's being done by a Pokemon fan group called the Pokemon Daisuke Club. They do Pokemon promotions all the time. This has zero to do with USUM so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Last edited:
God forbid should some attention be given to the previous games without promoting the new ones. What's neat about the Daisuki sites is that they focus on obscure trivia that is sometimes interesting.

Last edited:
"Pokemon Daikosaki Special Feature "Pokemon Mystery File" Preview Video"

didn't know the title translated to that

aww

could still be interesting either way I guess

also, in my defense, I'm not exactly sober right now

No problem. It's just that so many people have been saying the same thing, so it's a little annoying at this point.

I like this Daisuki special feature the best. It's a nice summary of all the Mew/Mewtwo references in the Kanto games.

Daisuki Club things never really hint newer games.
It's not USUM related at all.

They just post things to promote the franchise once in a while.

They wouldn't use Sinnoh as the first old region to give a sequel to. Not every unpredictable outcome makes sense.
Off topic but I would assume if sequels ever happen again it would either be for Kanto/Johto or Unova with the original dragon.
As for the daisuki club thing, its a neat easter egg featurette that does offer insight on the foggier things in the lore, and if they actually follow through and don't ditch it like the last time they tried to with the regions, maybe some cool info can appear.

Unova already got sequels -_-
Right but remakes aren't gonna work unless they spread em across 2 gens or something. I guess BW but with the B2W2 Unova COULD work, but that would require 4 protags, 3 rivals a shitload of gyms and god knows how many story rewrites and a clusterfuck of a postgame tying im the B2W2 elements. A 3rd original game using the complete region with 8 gyms spread throughout with a wholly new story would be far simpler.

Bit off top so I guess I will be confident about USUM. Finally got to Ula Ula after oh 8 months, started off with best starter Rowlet instead of Litten, and I definitely think that a year layer only it can't stay that close to SM. 2 years for emerald and platinum were fine as they were less fresh and brought enough new content while existing in a pre DLC world. All I can see staying the same is were you start and how you get the starters. Otherwise? New trials, proper dungeons for the lack thereof(WELA PARK FFS a shortcut when its only a screen away), a postgame league(Kukuis reasoning for a league is bs its obvious GF doesn't have the balls to remove it so at the very least have the E4 and the victory road be the final final thing with the main story ending like a proper RPG after the climax), and other neat stuff. At the very least if this is Unno, Colress has to be a tease and we will get some juicy plot with him and the fallers.

Last edited:
Guide book is up! This is a very sensitive topic(everytime like clockwork when this topic opens up it turns into a zoo around here) so I am not going to spout bullshit and open pandoras box. What I will say however is 3 talking points.
-The description mentions an updated map of the region. The wording is vague, could be an updated presentation or actual updated map with new islands.

-Over 100 new pages of content. Could be new story and gameplay stuff, an expanded Pokedex and or both.

-This guide does not include the National Dex. Which means all those new pages of content are all dedicated to whatever new stuff is in the game.

So yeah a sizeable chunk is being added and its gonna be game content. I don't have the comparison numbers but the added pages are comparable to what the guide booms for platinum and B2W2 added.

Guide book is up! This is a very sensitive topic(everytime like clockwork when this topic opens up it turns into a zoo around here) so I am not going to spout bullshit and open pandoras box. What I will say however is 3 talking points.
-The description mentions an updated map of the region. The wording is vague, could be an updated presentation or actual updated map with new islands.

-Over 100 new pages of content. Could be new story and gameplay stuff, an expanded Pokedex and or both.

-This guide does not include the National Dex. Which means all those new pages of content are all dedicated to whatever new stuff is in the game.

So yeah a sizeable chunk is being added and its gonna be game content. I don't have the comparison numbers but the added pages are comparable to what the guide booms for platinum and B2W2 added.

What guidebook? Where are you getting this from?

EDIT: Found it.

Pokémon Ultra Sun And Moon Guidebook Available For Preorder, Hints At New Islands

Not sure this means much yet. The 100 extra pages is curious, but they probably wouldn't dedicate 100 extra pages to new content since that usually doesn't take up THAT much. It might be for one new feature that just requires a lot of data (for example, something like Contests that would require info on Contests moves, Pokeblocks, etc.)

Last edited:
What guidebook? Where are you getting this from?

EDIT: Found it.

Pokémon Ultra Sun And Moon Guidebook Available For Preorder, Hints At New Islands

Not sure this means much yet. The 100 extra pages is curious, but they probably wouldn't dedicate 100 extra pages to new content since that usually doesn't take up THAT much. It might be for one new feature that just requires a lot of data (for example, something like Contests that would require info on Contests moves, Pokeblocks, etc.)
Stuff like that would take 20 pages max, so a substantial dex update with new Alola Formes and what not could be the case.

Back
Top Bottom