• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Confirmed

Ahh... but see, I remember the fandom promising me a version of SM that had Trials for every type with proper Captain battles, and a super-long main campaign that included all of the Ultra Beasts in a very complex storyline that probably involved Zygarde in a bag.

We're not too great at reading tea leaves.

What guidebook? Where are you getting this from?

EDIT: Found it.

Pokémon Ultra Sun And Moon Guidebook Available For Preorder, Hints At New Islands

Not sure this means much yet. The 100 extra pages is curious, but they probably wouldn't dedicate 100 extra pages to new content since that usually doesn't take up THAT much. It might be for one new feature that just requires a lot of data (for example, something like Contests that would require info on Contests moves, Pokeblocks, etc.)
If it features more Islands, at least we'll have a good post-game.

Relative to SM we will find more, but the question is how much more as the number of pages isn't necessarily indicative of how much we're getting. We have to remember that things like new Pokémon additions to the Pokedex, details on the new forms and the like are also going to be taking up some of those pages, and that means we can't be certain how much new stuff we're getting out of this update.

Relative to SM we will find more, but the question is how much more as the number of pages isn't necessarily indicative of how much we're getting. We have to remember that things like new Pokémon additions to the Pokedex, details on the new forms and the like are also going to be taking up some of those pages, and that means we can't be certain how much new stuff we're getting out of this update.
Except the pokedex won't be included in Strategy Guide, they have USUM pokedex book separately from Strategy Guide.

USUM and ORAS's book is 480 pgs, B2W2's book is 464 pgs so we'll find more in USUM, with New Island, probably new characters, etc.
and what i'm getting at is that you can't use the guide's page counts as an indicator of anything, really. and of course, having content is aside from having content people want so there's that to consider as well.

Except the pokedex won't be included in Strategy Guide, they have USUM pokedex book separately from Strategy Guide.
Thats national not Alola. The alola dex features enough pages in the SM guide, so from the 130 pages they could easily add 80 pages for example for its expansion. While I personally want more game content even the idea of more Pokemon in the dex is interesting, cause that can range from new forms to new megas and regional variants.

Ahh... but see, I remember the fandom promising me a version of SM that had Trials for every type with proper Captain battles, and a super-long main campaign that included all of the Ultra Beasts in a very complex storyline that probably involved Zygarde in a bag.

We're not too great at reading tea leaves.

Those were the days :love:

To be quite honest, the extra 100 pages isn't interesting at all. I can imagine a number of things unrelated to additional game length/content taking up that space quite easily. Not gonna get excited just for this. Could be no more than National Pokedex data, or other data pages as mentioned before, with only a small bit of truly new content. Either way, whatever it is, page numbers don't really indicate anything at all right now.

Last edited:
Those were the days :love:

To be quite honest, the extra 100 pages isn't interesting at all. I can imagine a number of things unrelated to additional game length/content taking up that space quite easily. Not gonna get excited just for this. Could be no more than National Pokedex data, or other data pages as mentioned before, with only a small bit of truly new content. Either way, whatever it is, page numbers don't really indicate anything at all right now.
Does that mean we're also gonna be wrong about these games being worthy last titles on the 3ds?

Or about new alolan forms/forms at all...and about many other things?

Maybe we should start calling them the worst games in the franchise so that we can be wrong o/

Does that mean we're also gonna be wrong about these games being worthy last titles on the 3ds?

Maybe we should start calling them the worst games in the franchise so that we can be wrong o/
Let's just wait for some news before making any outlandish claims.

It just means we don't know anything yet. My only point was that the number of pages in a guidebook very likely means nothing at all.

Shigeru Ohmori will be on Pokenchi next week? And it's the episode where they'll show the preview for the Rockruff episode? Hm......

Certainly interesting.
Yet when Masuda was there (pre-Sun/Moon May trailer) the best information we could take from him was "there're cars in Alola" (and we already knew this).

So I'm managing my expectations accordingly :^).

Certainly interesting.
Yet when Masuda was there (pre-Sun/Moon May trailer) the best information we could take from him was "there're cars in Alola" (and we already knew this).

So I'm managing my expectations accordingly :^).
If I recall they've already shown the debut trailer though you're right.
Though this does coincide with Ash's Rockruff big episode

If I recall they've already shown the debut trailer though you're right.
Though this does coincide with Ash's Rockruff big episode
It might be worth noting that remakes/sequels/3rd versions are never made by the current mainline director, so I'm not sure Ohmori being there means anything at all given that it's unlikely that he directs USM

even that aside, expecting anything from Pokenchi is a bad idea in the first place since it hardly ever has anything to show(unless it's something that another source will have shown before it)

Hope this new form (if exists) adopts elements of both forms. And I'm expecting to see a black theme with the new Lycanroc (like how Midday was brown, and Midniht was red) and some sort of unearthly element to the design to reflect Necrozma's influence and/or the Ultra Space influence.

I often overlook what NPC's in the games say, but I think I overlooked a major hint - this NPC in one of the trailers on Route 12 just said "Team Skull was born outta this old group that once formed around one of the old kahunas. But that whole thing fell apart after they got smacked down by the wrath of the Tapu." That "old Kahuna" is obviously Nanu.
what's your evidence that it is "obviously" Nanu. i have a hard time believing that a Tapu would quash proto-Team Skull (and by extension, Nanu) and then proceed to pick Nanu as Kahuna.
There's apparently a placeholder for another team in the code of SM, and there was speculation around the Z-Ring showed off in the debut trailer for USUM looking like Nanu's. What if this alternate story talks about the "old group"? I think the rumored group's name was Team Rainbow, which Rainbows and Prisms are both relating to light, and Necrozma is resemblant of a Prism or Dead Star.
i must've missed something about this Team Rainbow stuff, because i've never heard of that. all we know is that there was placeholder encounter music (you know, trainer's eyes stuff) for another class of trainer that was clearly placeholder "music" and obviously unused. again, unless i missed something, i don't know how we've gotten it must being another team and that is "Team Rainbow."

and, fwiw, XY references another team going after Xerneas/Yveltal in the past as well. we all know how that turned out.

I'm pretty sure I read here on these very forums about there being space in the code for another Team. :rolleyes:

I think I missed it.., which I think is highly unlikely since I spend a lot of my time here everyday. And I've fully read every major USUM (and SM threads too) thread to its fullest. I hope someone can find quotes on that info.

Back
Top Bottom