• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Confirmed

Honestly, lycanroc dusk form looks as plain as can be.

It's literally just midday lycanroc but with orange fur and big white tufts of fur around his neck.

And out of all the names they could pick such as twilight, eclipse,etc. They choose freaking dusk form. Dusk form, are you kidding me? Well, at least it looks good in the anime

Looking at Lycanroc Dusk form... What it appear to be is the Midday form is trying to become a werewolf like midnight - but it stopped before it could become actually red (turns orange instead), and before its mane tried to take over its head (but nice and foofy now!) The green eye seem strange - but I guess I've seen many anime were eyes changing color means being 'possessed', so... Maybe just half-way possessed, I guess. :p

Wow, even worse than I thought. That is easily one of the laziest new forms ever. I didn't think Game Freak could make me want this game even less.

I have a strong feeling they have a skeleton crew working on this game while everyone else is working on the Switch game. Probably going to skip this.

Now for the most unpoppular opinion ever: The dusk forme is like a maned wolf with white legs instead of black.

Because of that it's actually pretty passible and won't take as much time getting used to as the midnight form.

Considering the fact it's called Dusk Form (and it looks too much like Midday), I'm guessing there could be a Dawn Form and it'd look similar to Midnight.

If a Dawn Form does actually exist, then it'd make sense why they didn't show it, as it shouldn't be appearing next week. Wouldn't be surprised if Dusk is US-exclusive and "Dawn" is UM-exclusive and they both evolve during night and day respectively.

Wow, even worse than I thought. That is easily one of the laziest new forms ever. I didn't think Game Freak could make me want this game even less.

I have a strong feeling they have a skeleton crew working on this game while everyone else is working on the Switch game. Probably going to skip this.

It would be lazy if it was the only form. But if there's a Dawn Form that looks closer to Midnight Form, don't you think that's an intentional design decision? It's like the original forms are "shedding" into their counterparts, which...makes sense. Unless the thing on CoroCoro's cover is not a Pokemon, it's probably Dawn Form.

And out of all the names they could pick such as twilight, eclipse,etc. They choose freaking dusk form. Dusk form, are you kidding me? Well, at least it looks good in the anime

It's called the Twilight form in Japan. No idea why we got a different and worse name.

That's pretty disappointing to be honest. It looks like something they came up with in like 5 minutes just for the sake of adding something. It also feels very forced and redundant. Like, why did we need another Lycanroc form that looks like a mix of the existing ones in the first place?

It would be lazy if it was the only form. But if there's a Dawn Form that looks closer to Midnight Form, don't you think that's an intentional design decision? It's like the original forms are "shedding" into their counterparts, which...makes sense. Unless the thing on CoroCoro's cover is not a Pokemon, it's probably Dawn Form.

They could represent that concept without making it just a recolor though. I mean, Midday and Midnight have more differences than color.

I like it, in isolation. I mean, it's definitely my favorite of the 3. But it could've taken more details from Midnight. It was very lazy and it should've been easy for GF to see improvements in design before green-lighting it. Fans online, within an hour of the reveal, have already made pretty decent improvements in fan art. Here's one, for example.

God I'm falling apart it's just like this franchise to make us wait over a month and then the news is just The Same Thing: Now In Orange.

Real talk though good concept but lazy execution. Maybe it gets new moves/stats or something

Dusk form is the stupidest thing I've seen from this franchise yet. I almost want to say that it is worse than shiny Garchomp.

I was expecting them to reveal just the Lycanroc form, but I have mixed feelings on this. I like the idea of another Lycanroc form in-between Midday and Midnight, but I think that they could have gotten a better design to pull it off. It looks like Midday form with an orange color and Midnight's mane. Granted, the orange coloring fits with being the Dusk form and it isn't a bad color for the design either, but I would have preferred something at least a little bit more unique to it design wise. At least it looks better in the anime and it will probably grow on me due to how much I like the Midday form.

Hopefully its stats make up for the lackluster design. Ideally it'd have Midday's speed, Midnight's No Guard, and of course Accelerock; the best of both worlds. That's probably wishful thinking though.

I like the concept at least, of having an in-between form the evolves at twilight, and the integration of the green flash is a nice detail. But it's definitely a middling execution...

I'd say it's at least better than the Mega Latis, which only seem to have Megas so they would only need one model for Soaring.
I would agree, but both Latios and Latias already looked incredibly similar to each other to begin with. Midday and Midnight forms...not so much. All this is is just an orange Midday forme with a slightly more poofy tail. There's hardly anything about Midnight form in its design.

Honestly, lycanroc dusk form looks as plain as can be.

It's literally just midday lycanroc but with orange fur and big white tufts of fur around his neck.

Eclipse? That doesn't fit in with Lycanroc's name theme at all. Midday, Midnight... Eclipse? No.

As for Twilight, as nice as the name sounds, Twilight and Dusk are somewhat synonymous, which means it really comes down to preference. Midday, Dusk and Midnight sounds fine though.

This is my most favourite Lycanroc form, dethroning Midday. I'd have preferred if they'd have kept Rocks-latched-onto-Midnight's-back thing, and instead of going with an orange, they could've taken a light shade of red.

Back
Top Bottom