• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Confirmed

if a new Dawn form comes into play, then maybe a Dawn comeback episode with her own form of Lycanrock?
Yellow on 2 feet more female shemed anyone?

I think I'd like Dusk Form more if it at least glowed green when it attacked. Do something more with the green flash idea than just giving it green eyes.

The lack of rib stones also seems like a slightly odd omission when they're clearly trying to hybridize the two forms, and they would help it stand out from Midday Form a bit more.

interesting is the movests of both lycanroc forms learn no steel, ghost or fairy moves but a lot of rock and fighting.
one fire fang.

Dusk form - rock/fighting?

Looking at Lycanroc Dusk form... What it appear to be is the Midday form is trying to become a werewolf like midnight - but it stopped before it could become actually red (turns orange instead), and before its mane tried to take over its head (but nice and foofy now!) The green eye seem strange - but I guess I've seen many anime were eyes changing color means being 'possessed', so... Maybe just half-way possessed, I guess. :p

I actually like this explanation. It explains why the form looks so similar to the Midday Form at first. Its a in-between permanent state. Perhaps the rumored/guessed Dawn Form may be a Midnight Form progressing towards a Midday Form, whereas the Dusk Form is progressing towards to the Midnight Form as we see now.

If there is a Dawn Form, I think that it could be purple with yellow eyes.

If there is a Dawn Form, I think that it could be purple with yellow eyes.

we have a dusk stone for evolving it or not? there is also a dawn stone?

or maybe a blue wolf with yellow eyes?

now thinking of it , if they make now 2 more forms for this games, then in future games they can create also new forms -like mega forms for them like twilight, solar eclipse, lunar eclipse, zenit ?
If not type change now then maybe in the future?

we have a dusk stone for evolving it or not? there is also a dawn stone?

or maybe a blue wolf with yellow eyes?

now thinking of it , if they make now 2 more forms for this games, then in future games they can create also new forms -like mega forms for them like twilight, solar eclipse, lunar eclipse, zenit ?
If not type change now then maybe in the future?
Well, we also have a Ice Stone and a Leaf Stone. But Leafeon and Glaceon still evolve differently. I know that Eevee's trait is different evolutions. I think that the Dusk Form will result in Rockruff evolving in Ultra Space.

Here's hoping that a Dawn wolf based on Midnight exists..

Judging by the colors of carrotwolf, it's either staying pure rock or it becomes somehow rock/fire (as if), or rock/fighting

I just hope Midday's parts make the supposed "Dawn Lycanroc" more bearable. I actually wanted to use Midnighht Lycanroc, but
1. It's design...
2. Its play style. I prefer fast, hard hitting Pokemon. And it isn't that I'm not willing to change my playstyle for a particular Pokemon (I've recently got used to using slower, tanks Pokemon like Incineroar, and a build of steel Silvally, and Mimikyu's the first Pokemon I ALWAYS use set up on). But this form gives me no incentive to change my play style (Mimikyu has KOed entire teams for me, Silvally was useful against fairies: and in AG, my Silvally was almost about to KO an Arceus! Incineroar is a fire type (I'm partial to fire) and hits hard.

I just hope Midday's parts make the supposed "Dawn Lycanroc" more bearable. I actually wanted to use Midnighht Lycanroc, but
1. It's design...
2. Its play style. I prefer fast, hard hitting Pokemon. And it isn't that I'm not willing to change my playstyle for a particular Pokemon (I've recently got used to using slower, tanks Pokemon like Incineroar, and a build of steel Silvally, and Mimikyu's the first Pokemon I ALWAYS use set up on). But this form gives me no incentive to change my play style (Mimikyu has KOed entire teams for me, Silvally was useful against fairies: and in AG, my Silvally was almost about to KO an Arceus! Incineroar is a fire type (I'm partial to fire) and hits hard.
I also prefer glass cannons usually, but enough -locke playthroughs have made me adapt to what I get. I'm a midnight wolf fan, but I acknowledge its design flaws. I would like it better with less skinny arms and with better stat distribution. Its current bulk does in no way allow it to use the supposed gimmick it has

Would want a dawn wolf that fixes the arms (and a bit face I guess?) of midnight Lycanroc and gives it some features of midday and either gives the wolf more speed/attack, or gives it more bulk to pull off its fighting style

I am not holding out too much hope for a dawn wolf happening, though.. I know I'll just end up disappointed when it turns out carrotwolf only exists because Ash had to be special again this season

Where did we get that confirmation?
We didn't quite get any such confirmation, but it's implied that it evolves in a different way and the japanese/english/italian pages on the website say the wolf cannot be obtained in-game by conventional means

From what I am seeing, I don't think that there will be a Dawn Lycanroc, not only does the Japanese name translate to Twilight Lycanroc, the French, Italian and Spanish names call it Crepuscular Lycanroc and the German calls it Twilight Lycanroc. For some reason I think that the Dusk form might have been a mistranslation, but I do enjoy the Dusk Lycanroc. If I had to guess, two of its abilities would be Vital Spirit and Steadfast and that Keen Eye will be replaced either with an existing ability or a new ability in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. After all, they did add new abilities and moves in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Another thing that I might want to add is that the Dusk Stone and Dawn Stone don't have anything to do with the time of day, the Dusk Stone is called the Darkness Stone in Japanese and the Dawn Stone the Awakening Stone. The true counterpart of the Dusk Stone is the Shiny Stone, or the Light Stone.

From the other thread:
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/黄昏

Apparently "Tasogare" is associated with both Dusk and Twilight. A Dawn ("Yoake" according to google translate) form, though weird, is not out of question.

EDIT:/vp/ - Why is it called "Dusk Form"? Are the English tran - Pokémon - 4chan

As someone who speaks Japanese Tasogare is almost exclusively used for sunset. (It's also not a nornal dialogue word, it's mostly used in poems and songs and not casual speech) Same goes for twilight for that matter, yes it can mean both but before people started arguing about this I've only ever seen it used for dusk. My entire life I've never heard a single person describe the time before Dawn as twilight

French speakers on the same thread also replied that their translation of the form is also mostly used to mean Dusk.

Last edited:
The Lycanroc reveal has impeccable timing btw, today is a full moon lunar eclipse. Granted its happening during the day in the United States so we won't see it.

A bit disappointed with Dusk Form's design~ Wish it would have been more than just a Midday recolor with Midnight's mane stapled on it, but I guess it's not the worst it could have been. I'll wait till I see it better in game and maybe see if it gets a new move before I just write it off as horrible~

Well...since this is about the games, I think this is the right place to post this.

Apparently, a page from corocoro leaked showcasing the lycanroc dusk form. Going from the scan the dusk form gets BOTH accelrock and counter taking bits and pieces from both forms.

It's ability is tough claws.

Well...since this is about the games, I think this is the right place to post this.

Apparently, a page from corocoro leaked showcasing the lycanroc dusk form. Going from the scan the dusk form gets BOTH accelrock and counter taking bits and pieces from both forms.

It's ability is tough claws.
That is already posted in the corocoro thread (and the leaks thread)

Everyone is still waiting for High quality corocoro pictures though, there is enough text there that is too small and blurry to read

Back
Top Bottom