• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Confirmed

Since this is the most general thread we have, I'll just announce it here:

As y'all may have noticed, the Bulbagarden forum rules have been overhauled, and with that the rules of the Pokémon Video Games section and its subsections have received an update too. There haven't been any big changes for the video games section, but please do take your time to read through them here. A copy of them can be found in this USUM section too, as the same rules should be followed here.

That's about it, you can all go back to whatever you were doing now :D

I actually would welcome some element of surprise, but I wish GF would reveal just a little more to just keep my hyped up and interested. I guess I'm just more interested in some of the "features" that will be in the games more than the storyline itself.

The trailer didn't show much, but it showed enough to get me excited~ The major thing that stood out to me (even though it's actually pretty minor) was "A new LOOK for out heroes". Didn't say they were new heroes, so I am inclined to believe they are the same characters.

Also, looks like we're gonna learn who Ryuki is in the story this time around, and Kahili seems like she'll have an appearance before we meet her at the E4 which are two things I desperately needed~ Not sure what the Vulpix thing was but it was SO CUTE X3

Overall, loved the update, TBH!~

Last edited:
(Please note that is personal opinion, not objective fact, regardless of the way I have presented this in my drunken stupor. If you still have a beef with it after reading this notice, go Muk yourself)

Nice trailers, loving the new health bar look in the Kommo-o video. I hope the trials or whatever they've cooked up isn't such a massive bore fest like the SM's trials were. Probably no gyms, seeing as that empty lot in Hau'oli City is filled by some photo club feature, which they are going to probably have you sit through a mandatory tutorial for just to progress through the story, with some obnoxious character running it to boot. Here's hoping everything we don't know about these games be mind- blowingly awesome, because it's been hit and miss for me so far this generation.

I wonder if USUM will delve deeper into the environmental impact Alola has on Pokemon that causes them to have unique forms in Alola. Basically, seeing the screenshot of A-Vulpix and the fact that Lillie has an A-Vulpix in the anime makes me realize that part of the plot device for USUM may have been right in front of me the whole time, but I've been so annoyed by the anime's deviation from the SM storyline to really notice it.

I wonder if USUM will delve deeper into the environmental impact Alola has on Pokemon that causes them to have unique forms in Alola. Basically, seeing the screenshot of A-Vulpix and the fact that Lillie has an A-Vulpix in the anime makes me realize that part of the plot device for USUM may have been right in front of me the whole time, but I've been so annoyed by the anime's deviation from the SM storyline to really notice it.
I don't think they will, especially not if we are getting no new alolan forms (so far, 0 mention of any). I'd like it to be a side thing in the story, cause it's a cool concept but I think at best, we're only getting some trainer Lillie or something (like she saves a vulpix and becomes its trainer)..that's if she's in the game at all

I don't think they will, especially not if we are getting no new alolan forms (so far, 0 mention of any). I'd like it to be a side thing in the story, cause it's a cool concept but I think at best, we're only getting some trainer Lillie or something (like she saves a vulpix and becomes its trainer)..that's if she's in the game at all

I don't think we'll get anything either, but hopefully Samson Oak won't seem so lost on the concept and maybe explain more about A-forms to the player. But that being lost could just be another problem, like just being "high on life" haha.

But I think Lillie will be in the game, she's kind of the central figure in SM, so it would be weird playing USUM without her. But it's credible that her role in the game could possibly change from what it was in SM.

I think we're going to see more fire type Alolan forms since they seem to be more suited to Alolan environment now. It's safe to say that they may also look a bit Ultra Beast-like.

Yo guys, a promotional poster for USUM has shown up:
usumposter.jpg

Interesting things to note:
  • Shadowy figures in the background, seems like a new evil team?
  • Lillie is holding a Poké Ball (!)
Why the hell didn't they start their marketing for USUM with this -_-

Yo guys, a promotional poster for USUM has shown up:

Interesting things to note:
  • Shadowy figures in the background, seems like a new evil team?
  • Lillie is holding a Poké Ball (!)
Why the hell didn't they start their marketing for USUM with this -_-

I can bet it's a new team. These grunt uniforms have sleeves, unlike the Skull uniforms and these uniforms are too less ornate to be Aether uniforms.

Team Skull is not in USUM imo. You heard it here first.

I can bet it's a new team. These grunt uniforms have sleeves, unlike the Skull uniforms and these uniforms are too less ornate to be Aether uniforms.

Team Skull is not in USUM imo. You heard it here first.
Reminder that Plasma's uniforms had a radical change in BW2, this could still be aether's scientists or something
I have no idea what this sinister-looking evil team would be doing replacing Skull when we've seen that Lusamine is still the villain up to the point where she forces cosmog to use its power and subsequently it evolves into cosmoem

I mean, from the appearance, they look intimidating rather than a bunch of goofballs like skull..

Reminder that Plasma's uniforms had a radical change in BW2, this could still be aether's scientists or something
I have no idea what this sinister-looking evil team would be doing replacing Skull when we've seen that Lusamine is still the villain up to the point where she forces cosmog to use its power and subsequently it evolves into cosmoem

I mean, from the appearance, they look intimidating rather than a bunch of goofballs like skull..

It definitely is strange when we've seen no Skull in promotional media. Also I'm maybe keen for them to disappear since I hate team Skull.

Lusamine has no radical design, so I highly doubt the grunts get one.

It definitely is strange when we've seen no Skull in promotional media. Also I'm maybe keen for them to disappear since I hate team Skull.

I don't think they're grunts if they'd be aether because we've seen the Aether grunts have their sm design (the part where you see a piece of aether clothing with the alolan vulpix footage). I was thinking more like new admins or aether scientists since those were the people who were in on the whole illegal experimentation stuff

But either way, Skull can disappear for all I care, just keep Ya Boi Guzma in the games :p he deserves better than to just disappear

They're very popular and Creator's pets so they'll no doubt reappear.
This likely means that they're reformed.

I was thinking more like new admins or aether scientists since those were the people who were in on the whole illegal experimentation stuff
I hope we see a colour picture. Any gold in their clothes would instantly give them away as being from Aether.

They're very popular and Creator's pets so they'll no doubt reappear.
This likely means that they're reformed.

Objectively speaking, it just puts me off that Team Skull have got literally no promotion. They'd get atleast one scene if they were appearing with major roles. Now with possibly new antagonists, the theory just becomes stronger.
Maybe Team Skull disbanded and their characters are put elsewhere (Guzma being a Kahuna/Gym Leader/Elite 4 for example).

I hope we see a colour picture. Any gold in their clothes would instantly give them away as being from Aether.

Objectively speaking, it just puts me off that Team Skull have got literally no promotion. They'd get atleast one scene if they were appearing with major roles. Now with possibly new antagonists, the theory just becomes stronger.
Maybe Team Skull disbanded and their characters are put elsewhere (Guzma being a Kahuna/Gym Leader/Elite 4 for example).
somebody on 4chan pointed out (or thinks) that the new characters seem to have a feature from every past villain team we've had
0c7528ef8b.jpg

seems pretty ....uh....farfetch'd but who knows

Back
Top Bottom