• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Confirmed

I'm a little upset about these SM sequels. More specifically, I'm upset that SM got sequels, while XY didn't (they're still the only games not to get a third version). Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a feature akin to Pokeathlon or Pokemon World Tournament. You know, more stuff to do post-game. I'm very certain we'll see more Alolan versions (but please, no more Kanto Pokemon), not sure if we'll see new Pokemon that's not an Alolan version of an old Pokemon.

if it's an alternate storyline/universe type of deal, there's a chance that gyms may return

I'm a little upset about these SM sequels. More specifically, I'm upset that SM got sequels, while XY didn't (they're still the only games not to get a third version). Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a feature akin to Pokeathlon or Pokemon World Tournament. You know, more stuff to do post-game. I'm very certain we'll see more Alolan versions (but please, no more Kanto Pokemon), not sure if we'll see new Pokemon that's not an Alolan version of an old Pokemon.

Well it isn't actually confirmed they're sequels yet, right? I mean, Platinum had an alternate storyline and was still just a third version. And as mentioned before, the official website says:

"Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon have been powered up with new additions to the story and features of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon!"

Just 'new additions' doesn't sound like a sequel to me, it sounds like a third version.

I'm not giving up on hoping for sequel-esque features.

The subtitle 'ultra' seems to make sense. The Ultra Beasts, the Ultra Space...

If it's an alternative storyline, then I guess we may have an actual depiction of parallel universes in ultra Sun and Moon - and perhaps you can do more than just travel through the Ultra Space.

Heck, we might be able to let Mohn meet his family again :D

And here I was thinking of what kind of legendary forme change would happen this gen. It's just a reverse Kyurem.

I think this is like the first time I haven't been able to feel a whole lot of hype for a new Pokemon game. I even felt hype for Black 2/White 2, but that's because I felt like Black/White were excellent games. Sun and Moon aren't games that I feel particularly excited about playing again. I don't really know why.

If they add new Alolan forms (NONE from Generation I, no more of that nonsense) and the National Dex I might consider it. Also since they're 'alternate' versions I better not see Red in The Battle Tree. This is the perfect opportunity to represent female trainers. I know Gamefreak won't do that, though.

I can't stop thinking about Gaogaigar now.

serveimage

I'm definitely hoping for more exclusive Z-Moves (for non-Kanto Pokemon) and better customization. No version exclusive colors and give me my damn dresses!

Count me in as another person disappointed that the next games aren't going to be remakes of Diamond & Pearl.

However, I can't honestly say I'm surprised after all the Pokemon Stars rumors, and it seems like a sequel to Sun & Moon was the more logical choice for them anyway - I get the feeling it may have been a little hard to retcon Gen IV within the boundaries set by Sun & Moon (such as going back to HMs & Gyms).

Honestly, the thing I'm hoping for most is getting to visit Kanto after the main storyline, GSC style. It'd make sense, given that the protagonist is originally from there, Lillie departs for Kanto at the end of the story, we could catch both Alolan & Kanto forms of Pokemon, etc.

Well it isn't actually confirmed they're sequels yet, right? I mean, Platinum had an alternate storyline and was still just a third version. And as mentioned before, the official website says:

"Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon have been powered up with new additions to the story and features of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon!"

Just 'new additions' doesn't sound like a sequel to me, it sounds like a third version.

Sequels, alternate universe, call it what you will. Bottom line is SM gets another game(s) that adds a bit more from the previous version, while XY is the only pair of games in the history of the franchise not to get something like that.

Shows how much we mature, I bought Diamond later (2008 sometime but before Platinum was announced) and was more than happy to fork over an extra 40 for Platinum.

9 years on see Game Freak pulling this shit again (actually 2X worse) and I'm enraged!

The thing that bothers me the most is the fact they're releasing paired versions. It kinda made sense with Black 2 and White 2 because they were sequels to Black and White, but this is basically a third version set in an alternate universe. We would be better off with "Eclipse" or whatever.

The games are really expensive here in Brazil and since money doesn't grow on trees I always pick one version and I don't get to have all the Legendary Pokémon like the people who can afford two barely different games. It's annoying.

But I can't complain too much. I'm glad Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are coming to the 3DS. I'm not buying the Nintendo Switch anytime soon. 2k is a lot of money to spend on videogames.

Also, seeing how the characters have new clothing, I'm hoping for a bigger wardrobe. PLEASE. I want the male character to have the same amount of clothing as the female character, and I want more than just tank tops and t shirts.

There also seems to be more hairstyles, too. Hopefully they don't lock clothing behind versions, like some of the SM clothes. It made getting them a real pain and it isn't a feature that offers any positive gameplay for players, it's just tedious and frustrating.

Seeing the focus Mimikyu had (which showed it's downside), I think we may get Mimikyu-without-the-rag form.
Yeah, and then we'll learn what Mimikyu looks like under the rag. So far we got this from the anime.
349.jpg

The thing that bothers me the most is the fact they're releasing paired versions. It kinda made sense with Black 2 and White 2 because they were sequels to Black and White, but this is basically a third version set in an alternate universe. We would be better off with "Eclipse" or whatever.

Exactly. A single 3rd version game focusing on Necrozma with added content would have been bearable. A joint sequel would have been perfect, split sequels, somewhere in between.

But this seems to take the WORST of both worlds, and put them together. Ie not having the completely new story a sequel would have, ie a 3rd version story, but still having to pay out twice :(

Back
Top Bottom