• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Confirmed

So, it's almost certainly nothing, but SM038's title has been revealed as "Mimikyu's Disguise." I don't think they'll reveal its true form in this episode, but with the new form rumors and merch leaks, this scene from the trailer might take on a new meaning.

mimikyutrailer.png

mimikyutrailer2.png

I'm completely reaching here and not really expecting to be correct, but maybe the reason Mimikyu isn't in the abandoned Thrifty Megamart anymore is because the actual Totem we fight is an alternate form, possibly one that's more at peace with its identity and not as obsessed with all of the abandoned Pikachu merchandise anymore, and casts off its disguise to fight you with its full power.

The main issue with this is that they'd have to retcon the dex entry about anyone who sees Mimikyu's true form dying - or maybe they could elaborate on it and explain how that only happens with Mimikyu that are full of negative emotions or something. Like I said, I'm well aware that I'm reaching here.

So, it's almost certainly nothing, but SM038's title has been revealed as "Mimikyu's Disguise." I don't think they'll reveal its true form in this episode, but with the new form rumors and merch leaks, this scene from the trailer might take on a new meaning.

View attachment 103332

View attachment 103333

I'm completely reaching here and not really expecting to be correct, but maybe the reason Mimikyu isn't in the abandoned Thrifty Megamart anymore is because the actual Totem we fight is an alternate form, possibly one that's more at peace with its identity and not as obsessed with all of the abandoned Pikachu merchandise anymore, and casts off its disguise to fight you with its full power.

The main issue with this is that they'd have to retcon the dex entry about anyone who sees Mimikyu's true form dying - or maybe they could elaborate on it and explain how that only happens with Mimikyu that are full of negative emotions or something. Like I said, I'm well aware that I'm reaching here.
Or the main character is just immune against Mimikyu's effect.
Or the PokeDex is just full of tall tales and exaggerates somewhat.

View attachment 103332

View attachment 103333

Just to add on to my earlier post - Adamant/Dephender posted a new brief translated summary of the episode: "The rag covering Mimikkyu ends up tearing." The anime has trolled us before with Mimikyu's true form (Meowth saw it swimming underwater without its rag at one point) but if there does end up being a trailer before this episode premiers on the 17th, there's a slight possibility that this might be the anime debut of an actual new form.

I'm not getting my hopes up though, because like I said the anime tends to be a troll with these things, and we still don't have that much info or even any images of the episode in question.

Kind of changing the topic, but does anyone expect USM to feature more islands? New areas are pretty much confirmed, but I think the only way we'll get an entirely new island is if it's small like Exeggutor Island and thus doesn't warrant a new Oricorio or tapu.

View attachment 103322

View attachment 103323

Looking at the map of real-life Hawaii and comparing it to the version of Alola we saw in SM, the islands Hawaii, Maui, Oahu, Kauai, and Niihau are represented by Ula'ula, Akala, Melemele, Poni, and Exeggutor Island, respecitvely. That leaves Molokai, Lanai, and Kahoolawe available for USM's expansion, all three of which are smaller than any of the four main islands and located very close to Maui/Akala.

Akala Island actually got rotated a bit from the way Maui appears in real life, but I feel like any of the three smaller islands could be accessed from Konikoni City's port (which was surprisingly useless in the game, despite the cool pirate ship thing shown nearby in the official map). Since they would be of a size comparable to Niihau/Exeggutor Island, they wouldn't get tapus or kahunas or anything, but could be fun areas to explore.

It's also worth noting that Molokai, the largest of the unused islands, has multiple noteworthy waterfalls, which could mean it's the location of the mysterious Pikachu area shown in the trailer. But the four big islands all have waterfalls of their own that weren't featured in the original SM, so that connection is far from confirmed.

Also, if this hypothetical Molokai-inspired island keeps the color naming theme from SM, it'll be called Oma'oma'o (Green) Island. Doesn't quite roll of the tongue, but neither does Ula'ula. A Lanai island would be Alani (Orange) Island, and Kahoolawe would be Hinahina (Gray) Island.

I'm not counting on new islands, but do I think there's a lot of potential for expanding the region.

edits: fixed a couple typos

i'm thinking based on the fact that 7 of the island are in habitable in real life, that IF the game is sequal or in an alternate reality., .
that based on the locations of the other 3 islands that exist in real life, they may "split" the island with an active volcano into 4 pieces

Just to add on to my earlier post - Adamant/Dephender posted a new brief translated summary of the episode: "The rag covering Mimikkyu ends up tearing." The anime has trolled us before with Mimikyu's true form (Meowth saw it swimming underwater without its rag at one point) but if there does end up being a trailer before this episode premiers on the 17th, there's a slight possibility that this might be the anime debut of an actual new form.

I'm not getting my hopes up though, because like I said the anime tends to be a troll with these things, and we still don't have that much info or even any images of the episode in question.
I fully expect the ep to be about mimiQ looking for a new rag/cloth to cover itself with or to fix its own. It will probably wear a temporary cloth meanwhile..

Judging by how Serena's Braixen once broke its tail stick and simply got a new one with a bow..it's something like that most likely

What's everyone hoping for in the Pokenchi trailer this evening, aside from the obvious Lycanroc? There's a chance they might focus on that alone, since it's the only thing that relevant to the anime, but I think there's a realistic shot at getting:
  • Official art of the trainers and confirmation on whether they're still Elio and Selene or not
  • A little more footage of slightly updated areas
  • Clarification of any changes there might be to the player character's backstory, like when they came to Alola (if there are any changes at all)
  • Names of the new mascot legendary forms
Stuff that's way less likely but would be really cool:
  • New Mimikyu form
  • Something about the Lycanroc, Togedemaru, and Mimikyu in the first trailer
  • Potentially at the same time as the last bullet point, confirmation of new Trials
  • The appearance of some more important Alola characters like Kukui, Hala, or Lillie to see if they've changed at all
I'm trying not to get my hopes up, and while I'd for the most part prefer a bunch of small separate trailers to 3 or 4 big ones, they really need to remind everyone that this game is a thing. Best case scenario, Pokenchi premieres the Japanese trailer and a similar one in English gets uploaded within a day, with Lycanroc, official character art and box art, and general information about the level of difference we'll see in the "alternate story."

they'll probably reveal Lycanroc because of the anime and maybe a short clip with it. i wouldn't hold my breath for much more, else they'd do it as a YouTube dump.

Yeah, Pokenchi and its past equivalents have never really revealed much, usually just concept art or a short gameplay clip (~30 seconds), reveals like what the alternate universe mean, what's changed in Alola, or what roles the characters are taking probably aren't going to happen here. We're likely waiting on a TPC trailer/main site update for those kinds of reveals. We're probably just getting Lycanroc and little if anything else.

pokenchi08172.jpg

Do we know where this scene is located? I'm pretty sure we've seen it before, but I can't remember where.

This is dumb even by Game Freak standards. It looks barely any different than day Lycancroc, just orange. There will be no excuse this time if Game Freak refuses to patch Sun/Moon to include all these new forms.

This is dumb even by Game Freak standards. It looks barely any different than day Lycancroc, just orange. There will be no excuse this time if Game Freak refuses to patch Sun/Moon to include all these new forms.
well they won't patch SM for new forms so i'd say you're better directing that energy towards something else

@Rosalia R: looks like Route 12 and similar designed areas

Last edited:
The new Lycanroc form is lazy. I first saw it in my Twitter feed and thought it was just a bad fan edit in Photoshop. When I found out it was real, I was flabbergasted. But it's not really unexpected. Honestly, whilst I do like the new form of Solgaleo, both it and Lunala still look similarly unimaginative and copypasted. I suppose they're just getting the game out quickly before they move on to the next, big project. Of course, I am aware it's too early to be saying this; these are just my first impressions. I hope they prove me wrong and put in something a little more original and with more effort, but I don't expect much regardless.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom