• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM / Let's Go, Pikachu! / Eevee! anime speculation thread

The League was terribly rushed and mishandled as well. Heck, most of the battles have been either skipped or ended way too fast. It doesn't help the fact that Alain crushed eight Gym Leaders in a ridiculously short time, either.
Yes, but it was their choice to waste time on fillers even in the last year (those 30 episodes between the last two gyms were not all needed), and wait until the very last minute to have Alain collect badges. Lack of time wasn't the problem so much as bad writing.

The League was terribly rushed and mishandled as well. Heck, most of the battles have been either skipped or ended way too fast. It doesn't help the fact that Alain crushed eight Gym Leaders in a ridiculously short time, either.

The rest was rather fine in terms of pacing, though.

The league had the full 7 episodes the problem is they had two full battles separated by a break for the Team Flare stuff. So they pretty much had to skip to the semis in two episodes. I'd rather have more episodes though or a normal league though. Having both matches only be the last three episodes would have alleviated things. As for the Alain stuff they could have went with something like "I got 8 badges before working for Sycamore".

Well, it looks like some changes are coming to Alola, which are sure to affect how things go this saga, if just a little.

DHhDKb6UAAAlZZb.jpg

Also, it looks like the Ultra Beasts will be involved--though I guess we should've known from the title--so that means their chances of appearing in the Show are still pretty good.

Welp, looks like we'll get an episode taking a special picture thanks to the Alola Photo Club.

As much as I'd like Todd/Snap, Aelxa or Trevor to return, chances are it'll be Ash-tachii or another COTD with a camera...

I hope that the Switch game has Kanto plus 2-3 regions. I think they can easily make larger games on switch. If that happens, we could finally have Ash taking another shot at Indigo league, meeting Misty the gym leader in Viridian City, Brock a pokemon doctor, May in Johto contest, Serena in Hoenn... Silly we never stop hoping. A bad habit from one Ash Kechum.
(Though with Pokemon Go having introduced gen 2 pokemon this year, and being expected to dish out gen3 next year, maybe having first 3 regions in the game and Anime could work.)

I hope that the Switch game has Kanto plus 2-3 regions. I think they can easily make larger games on switch. If that happens, we could finally have Ash taking another shot at Indigo league, meeting Misty the gym leader in Viridian City, Brock a pokemon doctor, May in Johto contest, Serena in Hoenn... Silly we never stop hoping. A bad habit from one Ash Kechum.
(Though with Pokemon Go having introduced gen 2 pokemon this year, and being expected to dish out gen3 next year, maybe having first 3 regions in the game and Anime could work.)

1. Ash doesn't exist in game.
2. GameFreak has told us 'Not to have big expectations'. I'm pretty sure 3-4 regions come under 'big expectations' and is certainly unreasonable to expect.
3. Pokemon Go is just a mobile (spin off) app. GF blowing all their money into a 3-4 Region game which many Go players won't even buy (most play it for free) just based on GO is a bad decision. Also, the anime has to promote (Ultra) Sun and Moon, and they cannot take long 3 Region breaks like that. Other remakes (and sequels) weren't promoted on such a huge scale as to change the region. Their anime promotions were way more subtle.

1. Ash doesn't exist in game.
2. GameFreak has told us 'Not to have big expectations'. I'm pretty sure 3-4 regions come under 'big expectations' and is certainly unreasonable to expect.
3. Pokemon Go is just a mobile (spin off) app. GF blowing all their money into a 3-4 Region game which many Go players won't even buy (most play it for free) just based on GO is a bad decision. Also, the anime has to promote (Ultra) Sun and Moon, and they cannot take long 3 Region breaks like that. Other remakes (and sequels) weren't promoted on such a huge scale as to change the region. Their anime promotions were way more subtle.

Well I wouldn't say that the anime promotions for the remakes/sequels were more subtle exactly. We did have Ash and his friends traveling through Kanto again for the Battle Frontier arc and May got two Kanto starter Pokemon. The Johto Festival episode in DP was blatant HG/SS promotion, which is one reason why I loved it, and Dawn got a Cyndaquil. Maybe you could argue that they were more subtle about OR/AS promotion since it was mainly done through Sawyer, but I think it's more like they toned down the OR/AS promotion compared to the other remakes.

But it's still unlikely that we're going to see Kanto>Johto>Hoenn in a feasible and not-rushed manner.

I found ORAS promotion nice, and subtle with Sawyer's Sceptile (though I'd have personally preferred calling the older 'mons).

I can see that happen. Especially since they managed to cram White and Black Kyurem into a movie, that somehow featured no Reshiram and Zekrom. I think they will save Solgaleo and Lunala for the main anime, or at least I hope so. Necrozma can feature in its own movie showcasing its forms, if they decide to focus on SM movies now instead of continuing on the M20 path (which would be a big mistake, imo).

So all members of Ash's current team have signature Z-moves now, who knows if he will get access to all of them.

I stand still in my opinion that the Necrozma forms would be better shown in an OVA in December/November so it's closer to the games' release, and also because regular Solgaleo/Lunala are due for their debut.

Looks like Lycanroc is getting an exclusive Z-Move, so that just upped his chances of Ash's being the ace for this saga, and/or a big battle with Gladion later

We got new Ultra Beasts, and some new areas, but I'm not sure how big an impact that will have on the show. Especially if they decide to save Necrozma and the UBs for Movies.:cautious:

We may or may not also get Gen 2 elements thanks to Gold & Silver on the Virtual Console. Mayhaps an appearance by Celebi thanks to of the pre-order deal? :unsure: (and watch it be a total DiD again...)

A new poster, which is more intriguing and interesting than the trailers
DJ-oI6oVYAAAC0H.jpg:large

It looks like we got some new villains. That's often a bit of a story changer in the Show.

The downside is that some villains from the previous game don't get to appear...:cautious:

I also hope this ups Hau's chances of being animated.

A new poster, which is more intriguing and interesting than the trailers
DJ-oI6oVYAAAC0H.jpg:large

It looks like we got some new villains. That's often a bit of a story changer in the Show.

The downside is that some villains from the previous game don't get to appear...:cautious:

I also hope this ups Hau's chances of being animated.

Is that real?

Too bad I can't speak Japanese.

Lillie better get that look change or im gonna cry because he was such a change in her character. Hopefully Hau will debut in the anime too.
I wonder if the poster also just means they'll make an animated short for the games, like they did with Black 2/White 2

The new poster looks interesting. I'm thinking it's possible that anime Lillie is being portrayed closer to usum Lillie if we get to see Lillie become a trainer in the new games. Not sure but maybe that's why Lillie has Alolan Vulpix.

Hmm, I think some changes may be coming to the anime, usually every time they go down to the wire on previewing upcoming episodes, its usually because a shift is going to happen.

Hmm, I think some changes may be coming to the anime, usually every time they go down to the wire on previewing upcoming episodes, its usually because a shift is going to happen.
Maybe that's why they're not revealing the title of the new episode after the break, they want to keep it a surprise.

A clearer version of the poster that gives us a better look at the new guys

21765208_1464617573624525_760618234795950697_n.jpg

Yeah, they look like trouble...

Either they're the villains in place of TS & AF, just replacing TS, or we're gonna get a story with THREE Villain Teams.

Also, calling it now: Mantine Surf episode! ;)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom