• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Ultra Wormholes Discussion

Bob Fizzle

OBEY THE BEARD
Reaction score
I decided to play around with the Ultra Wormholes since you can go back and travel through them after you beat Necrozma in Ultra Megopolis, and oh my was I surprised.

In visiting several wormholes, I found that most contained Pokemon not found in Alola. Below are a list of my findings:

Magcargo
Quagsire
Barbaracle
Yanmega
Nuzleaf
Floatzel
Drapion
Heliolisk
Audino
Shiny Nuzleaf (!)
Nihilego (with a +2 Special Defense aura)

All of these seem to be themed based on the color of the wormhole. All of the water types were found in blue wormholes, while Nuzleaf, Drapion, and Heliolisk were found in green wormholes.

I'm actually quite excited to find what the limit is to what types of Pokemon I can find in these wormholes, especially those of higher rarity and further distance. The farthest I've gone is 3,700 light years from Alola, but the tutorial screen hints that Legendary Pokemon may be behind some of those wormholes.

What are your experiences with these wormholes? What's the furthest you've gone, and what's the rarest thing you've encountered? What else have you found inside these wormholes?

After catching the shiny, now I'm wondering if going further increases the chances of finding shiny Pokemon. Thoughts?

Last edited:
The very first time you go in, I randomly found a Regigigas and earlier today I got a Shiny Drapion. Also caught a bunch of Pheromosa and Nihilego.

The very first time you go in, I randomly found a Regigigas and earlier today I got a Shiny Drapion. Also caught a bunch of Pheromosa and Nihilego.

Dang, nice haul! Out of curiosity, do you remember what color/how far the Regigigas wormhole was?

Also I just caught a Guzzlord. Both Nihilego and Guzzlord were in white wormholes.

This is quickly becoming my favorite part of USUM.

A couple of other things I've noticed about Ultra Wormholes:

The Pokemon you will encounter appears to be set once you enter the wormhole. However, its nature and IVs (and presumably shininess) are determined once you start the battle. If you save before starting the encounter, you can easily enough soft-reset until you get the stats/nature you want. I haven't noticed if hidden abilities can be obtained this way.

A different message appears when a legendary Pokemon awaits you. Ultra Beasts also have their own uniquely-themed worlds at the end of their wormholes, which is a nice touch. Ultra Beasts also appear to be exclusively behind white wormholes.

I'm enjoying it. The gameplay is somewhat wooden but it's enjoying nonetheless. I found the motion gameplay by moving the 3DS around simply terrible so I quickly switched to Circle Pad. Got a Shiny Abomasnow at my first try (didn't even get that far) but haven't been lucky with Shinies since. The farthest I've gotten is 4000 something lighyears but I have a feeling this'll get easier the more you try it.

I already got some shinies (Nuzleaf, Hippowdown, Heliolisk, Medicham) and a couple legendaries. But this is not my cup of tea, I need more practice.

Just spent 3 hours trying to get to Guzzlord, and got nothing but 2 shiny Swellos and a shiny Buizel.
I f-ing love this thing, it's just too fun to zzzoooooommm along through the f-ing universe.

I already have 2 Modest Heatran from OR/AS that I use competitively, but I NEED MORE HEATRAN

Seriously, though, Heatran is like my favorite legendary, and I really really really want one with a Timid nature.

I also caught Azelf and Cresselia the other day, which was nice.

Went into the wormhole the other day and got a second Guzzlord. A Modest nature one to go with the Adamant one. (Modest is going to be smogan esc. Adamant is part of my move tutor experiment... that so far is doing me well. Just need to get Mawloc in a trick room!)

Went into the wormhole the other day and got a second Guzzlord. A Modest nature one to go with the Adamant one. (Modest is going to be smogan esc. Adamant is part of my move tutor experiment... that so far is doing me well. Just need to get Mawloc in a trick room!)
AH COME ON!
I MUST HAVE SEARCHED FOR GUZZLORD FOR ABOUT 10 HOURS AND FOUND NONE OF THAT, AND YOU ARE AT YOUR SECOND? FFFFFF
Anyway, what rarity was the portals you found? Were they only the legendary white portals (a.k.a. type 4 portals, but I like calling them legendary portals), or were they the 2 rings white portals?

AH COME ON!
I MUST HAVE SEARCHED FOR GUZZLORD FOR ABOUT 10 HOURS AND FOUND NONE OF THAT, AND YOU ARE AT YOUR SECOND? FFFFFF
Anyway, what rarity was the portals you found? Were they only the legendary white portals (a.k.a. type 4 portals, but I like calling them legendary portals), or were they the 2 rings white portals?

I haven't seen a level 4 white portal, but I found a Guzzlord in a level 2 portal (may have been a level 3, I wasn't paying close attention).

I haven't seen a level 4 white portal, but I found a Guzzlord in a level 2 portal (may have been a level 3, I wasn't paying close attention).
FFFFFFF
I once found a lvl 4 white portal. It took me to Kartana. You don't have any idea how angry I got.

I have found five shinies so far. Given the fact that I never ever encountered a shiny in my multiple playthroughs of the games before usum, other that that dumb red gyarados, of course, makes my finding truly amazing.
This is what I did and still do.
  1. Went to the GF building in Heahea, and got circle pad instead of the motion control.
  2. Collected as many orbs as possible in the beginning, since there aren't too many obstacles.
  3. Went as far as possible. I kept going until I reached a place that was about 3000 light away through the white wormhole with rainbow edges. There's where I found my first shiny.
It took me about ten minutes to get it. This isn't too difficult once you get a hang of it. I have encountered five shinies yet, including a shiny zapdos, abomansnow, drapion, barbaracle and a medicham (yay!). I also found three guzzlords, a pheromosa and two kartanas.

Last edited:
Welp, after I decided to try and find a shiny Sigilyph, I find a random type 3 white portal and I decide to enter it.
It's Guzzlord world.
Fricking hell, NOW YOU DECIDE TO APPEAR?
Now to wait for tomorrow to show my reaction of that world for my viewers...
Anyway, I also found a shiny Altaria. Managed to get it on one Beast Ball, and it has a Jolly Nature.
I must of already said it, but I fricking love this Ultra Wormhole stuff.

I've found and caught all Wormhole Legendaries available in Ultra Moon. I've found 11 Shinies (including Azelf). But still no Guzzlord portal! Grrr

Edit: I finally got to Guzzlord via a Type 4 White portal after hours of searching. The backstory and aesthetic of Ultra Ruins is truly great and bizzare and it gives Lavender Town a run for its money.

Last edited:
I'm currently working on trying to get a shiny Regirock. Been soft reseting since last night (with a break to sleep because I'm not THAT obsessed of a gamer (well, okay, I guess I AM, but common sense came out on top after my one all-nighter back in 09 because of grad night at Disneyland).

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom