• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unconfirmed: 2ch, others leak heap of Black and White info: "Monkey trio," starter ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2ch, others leak heap of Black and White info: "Monkey trio," starter evolutions

I remember when the sketch for the anime came out, and it had both smugleaf and wotter's second evos, which match these. That makes me think it's real-

-but then again they could have copied them, created the third evos and the rest for pokabu to make it seem legitimate. The changes from miju's second evo to the third seem too drastic, which makes me doubt they're real.

They're not bad, the only one I don't like is Pokabu's.

Re: 2ch, others leak heap of Black and White info: "Monkey trio," starter evolutions

You guys are right, the article should be slightly reworded. However, we're getting very close to the release of Black and White, so it wouldn't be crazy if these were real.

The Monkey trio image is apparently taken from a picture of the back of the Black and White game box.

I remember when the sketch for the anime came out, and it had both smugleaf and wotter's second evos, which match these. That makes me think it's real-

But why would Sugimori art of the evos completely mimic the anime beta art? :loopy:

Mijimaru's final form only confirms that I'm still not picking water this time.

Pokabu's may be kinda odd, but the fact that it reminds me of Ganon is a plus. I might use Pokabu still.

Tsutarja's is the best looking one though, and I hope it's a Grass/Dragon type.

But why would Sugimori art of the evos completely mimic the anime beta art? :loopy:
I'm being super anal about this, but it's not "beta" art. "Beta" is not a term used to describe art. Concept art, sketch art, line art, comparison chart, height scale. All of those things are appropriate to describing the art. But beta isn't one of them.

Now, to answer your question, it's not impossible to assume that it's not the Sugimori/official art copying the anime art, but the anime art copying the Sugimori art. It happens. When sometimes all an animator has to go on is a small design, they use that.

I'm being super anal about this, but it's not "beta" art. "Beta" is not a term used to describe art. Concept art, sketch art, line art, comparison chart, height scale. All of those things are appropriate to describing the art. But beta isn't one of them.

Now, to answer your question, it's not impossible to assume that it's not the Sugimori/official art copying the anime art, but the anime art copying the Sugimori art. It happens. When sometimes all an animator has to go on is a small design, they use that.

Did they copy the other pokemons official art? It's been awhile since I've seen that picture.

Personally, I like Smugleaf evolution line the most. It's very "out of the box" for Game Freak. Wotter's evolution looks alright but the final evolution doesn't seem real to me as the evolution change is very drastic. Pokabu's just disappoints me. It almost seems like a carbon copy of Infernape. They could've done better with it.

All in all, they're alright. Not the best, but decent. So, if they turn out to be real, I can live with them.

Huh, Tsutarja's looks a bit unimaginative.
Pokabu's is a Magmortar, with some Grumpig and Rypherior in it?
Mijumaru's is the best looking, but least believable.

I'd love that otter/narwhal, really. :ksmile:

They do look sincerely fake as everyone else screamed, but I remember some weirdass blueprint thing that was beta-versions of Smugleaf and Wotter's evolutions, and they look the same as those pictures do. However, Pignite's final evolutions arms look like a combination of Rhyperior/Magmortar's. :/

there fake. smugleaf will probly be grass and flying in the vain of charizard.

grass snake pokemon... hmmm

While I sorta like the design of the final stages, I think they're fake. If they're real I could live with that, as long as Pokabu's evo isn't another freakin Fire/Fighting type because that'd be bringing lazy to a whole new level.

I actually like all of the designs :3
One part of me believes them to be fake. As previously mentioned the evolutions are somewhat too drastic for starter Pokemon. Of all the Pokemon in the series, they're usually the ones to retain a steady transformation.
However, I actually think they could be real too. If we ignore the whole source arguement and purely consider their designs, they're essentially a snake, a pig and a horse (At least in its final form). These are three animals from the Chinese zodiac. I may be incorrect, but the ideas of yin and yang are also Chinese, and Reshiram and Zekrom are based off of this. It would therefore make sense for these Pokemon to be based from Chinese mythology too. There's also something about Pokabu's final evolution that looks Chinese to me (Its armour particularly)

I sincerely believe those are faked. Since when does CoroCoro do plain white backgrounds? (Granted, I might be wrong. I am a woman :p)

I really hope those aren't real, simply because I can't stand Pokabu's evolutions! And it was going to be the one I would pick ><

Since when does CoroCoro do plain white backgrounds?

It's been said to be the back of a box, probably one for White version.

These images scream fake to me, especially the final evolutions of Tsutaja and Mijumaru. I'd like to know what this "evidence" for them being real is.

If they're real, then there's the first real disappointing B/W news.

Hmm, well I like Tsujarta's evolutions alot, Im okay with Mijumaru's and really dont like Pokabu's :S But they look kind of fake to me, I mean, it doesnt look like the way something would be presented in coro coro :3 I may be wrong though ^-^
The monkey sounds like an interesting concept though!

The Monkey trio image is apparently taken from a picture of the back of the Black and White game box.

Here's the White box:

%5BPB%5Dblog2.jpg

You see it anywhere? (It's not the blurb image; use the surrounding areas of the screenshots to see why.) The layouts are usually pretty similar for both, so...

It's been said to be the back of a box, probably one for White version.
See above quote. It was the Monkey trio said to be from the Black box.

EDIT: Also note that Baoppu's spite is just Yanappu's sprite recolored.

The only thing I fully believe in for now is Tsuaja's first evolution. The rest looks a bit farfetched, bit could still happen.

And a monkey trio? How many primates does Pokémon need?

I'm probably gonna get hounded on for this... but I'm too sick (gots a cold) to even care right now. I will say that at least the secondary evolutions of the Otter and Snake have a high likelyhood of being real. If y'all could take a gander at the Best Wishes anime sketch that was leaked (and later confirmed to be true) a couple months ago, you can see the secondary evolutions of the Otter and Snake:

BW_anime.png

The story has now been tagged as unconfirmed, and is being reworded to make more clear that we're somewhat skeptical about it ourselves.

Personally, I'm still very skeptical about this. Other websites are reporting that their sources have confirmed it, but I'm a little more cautious. It wouldn't be the first time the fandom has been tricked. At least one person (on 4chan) has said it's a fake and claimed responsibility for it (http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q419/Joshidreamwalker/StarterFake.jpg), so for now it's still very much up in the air.

In response to those who posted earlier about the credibility of Bulbanews...you're most certainly right that we shouldn't pick up on these sort of stories without evidence to support them. We'd actually had it for a little while, and other normally reliable sites started posting it claiming they had evidence for it, so a view was taken that it should be safe enough to put up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom