• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unconfirmed: Black and White not to be followed by a third version: Mana Ibe denies a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Unconfirmed: Black and White not to be followed by a third version: Mana Ibe deni

This is it EXACTLY. Thank you for being the voice of reason in a sea of idiocy :)

They were there to promote Black & White. Revealing any details, including the likelihood of a future game which improves on it isn't just poor common sense, it's a ridiculously poor business practice. People seem to forget that Nintendo, GameFreak & TPCi are a business, not a company to serve to our insane fandom whims. They focus on the games they're promoting, not on ones eighteen months in the future.

They did this with the GBA (denied the GBA SP THE DAY BEFORE reevealing), they did it with HGSS, they will do it with everything.

What's worse is that this whole thing has also been clouded by translation

Spanish Question into Japanese. Answer given in Japanese, translated into Spanish, then translated into English for the west fandom and then into Japanase for Kotaku. So much meaning can be lost and warped.

I'm getting fed up with people assuming this is completely legit

Whoah Serebii. Calm down man. You're gonna get an ulcer from all that raging. If people want to believe that there will be no third version, then just let them. Why should it matter to you man? Just live and let live. When the time comes whoever is right shall be proven right. Okay?

Re: Unconfirmed: Black and White not to be followed by a third version: Mana Ibe deni

They did this with the GBA (denied the GBA SP THE DAY BEFORE reevealing),
It's hard to find articles from early 2003, but I'm assuming that the story was similar to what happened with the DS Lite and DSi. At both those times, Nintendo said that the rumors about a planned announcement at a specific time were false, and it turned out that they were. Admittedly, the DS Lite was announced very shortly after that, but not when the rumor indicated. The important thing is that Nintendo didn't say anything to the effect that the DS (or the later the DS Lite) was the last design of the system, whereas Mana Ibe has just said that about Black and White.

If something different happened with the GBA SP, I'd like to see exactly what was said.

they did it with HGSS,
No, they didn't. They had remained silent on the remakes for years; they never had to deny their development.

I don't believe this claim but, after thinking about it for a minute, it would explain why the BW anime has a fast pacing.

I cant believe this is still being discussed. It was just something she was told to say if they asked hre about future games. They arent going to say "hey, yeah buy a thrid version when it comes out". Honestly the people conducting the interview should've expected that kind of response. There will be a third game, but its not gonna be announced anytime soon. I dont know why this keeps going around and around.

Surely it's still way too early to speculate about the 3rd game. Black and White have just come out, so they're not going to bother about talking about the 3rd game yet!
Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum took about 2 years to come out after their respective preceeding versions and they usually close their Generations (even if Grey is more likely to be released than a GenIII remake).

Still, it would be stupid if they confirmed it straight away, because then people would wait 1 or 2 years for it and that would end up hurting B/W sales!
And in another side of the story it would be sad to not have a 3rd version which is more complete and has more and better content than its preceeding versions; this and the fact that we're all grown so used to having a 3rd version every Generation.

This is it EXACTLY. Thank you for being the voice of reason in a sea of idiocy :)

They were there to promote Black & White. Revealing any details, including the likelihood of a future game which improves on it isn't just poor common sense, it's a ridiculously poor business practice. People seem to forget that Nintendo, GameFreak & TPCi are a business, not a company to serve to our insane fandom whims. They focus on the games they're promoting, not on ones eighteen months in the future.

They did this with the GBA (denied the GBA SP THE DAY BEFORE reevealing), they did it with HGSS, they will do it with everything.

What's worse is that this whole thing has also been clouded by translation

Spanish Question into Japanese. Answer given in Japanese, translated into Spanish, then translated into English for the west fandom and then into Japanase for Kotaku. So much meaning can be lost and warped.

I'm getting fed up with people assuming this is completely legit
Hey Joe, how about you run your news your way and we'll do ours our way.

Also, since this thread is heading down the toilet, I'm shutting it down. Thanks for all your participations, fellow users. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom