• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unconfirmed: Black and White not to be followed by a third version: Mana Ibe denies a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Unconfirmed: Black and White may be the only Generation V titles: Mana Ibe denies

The question asked was whether there would be a "Gray" version on 3DS. The interviewee responded that they had finished at Black and White. The fact that 3DS was specified makes me wonder if there was some communication error.

Kyurem, the God Stone, and mentioning of third version revealing N's name contradict this statement. This person is not a major part of the company, and may have interpreted the question incorrectly, thinking they were asking if she was going to personally work on "Gray".

Unfortunately, I have not seen the original interview linked - only this. If we could get the interview transcript, we could see what the problem is.

Re: Unconfirmed: Black and White may be the only Generation V titles: Mana Ibe denies

The question asked was whether there would be a "Gray" version on 3DS. The interviewee responded that they had finished at Black and White. The fact that 3DS was specified makes me wonder if there was some communication error.

Kyurem, the God Stone, and mentioning of third version revealing N's name contradict this statement. This person is not a major part of the company, and may have interpreted the question incorrectly, thinking they were asking if she was going to personally work on "Gray".

Unfortunately, I have not seen the original interview linked - only this. If we could get the interview transcript, we could see what the problem is.

This is the kind of thing that we need an accurate transcript. I wonder who has it?

Again, I'm sure this is all a bit of PR, but to say that in a news article? No, we don't do that.

Just a few clarifications: Game Freak never said that Gold and Silver wouldn't be remade. There is not a single example where Game Freak ever lied about anything; they simply choose not to answer intrusive questions. In this case, Mana Ibe said that there won't be any third version at all, which is a definitive answer that shouldn't have been given if there was no shred of truth it.

The interview where Masuda discussed N's name had him saying that Black and White contain hints as to what the full name is; he didn't allude to a third game. Also, Black and White themselves hint that N will appear in another region, so there doesn't need to be a third game for N to be relevant again.

I guess I'll need to wait for further confirmation.

Interesting... If he's going to appear in another region, I wonder what the region is? Will the game containing said region be Gen 5 or Gen 6? Will the game be a remake or not? Will the game be for DS or 3DS? There are too many things we don't know yet.

The interview where Masuda discussed N's name had him saying that Black and White contain hints as to what the full name is; he didn't allude to a third game.

Although I personally think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion, I can attest that that, in that interview, Masuda did not mention or allude to a third game, stating simply that there were in-game hints in Black and White to N's full/real name.

Also, Black and White themselves hint that N will appear in another region,

This I haven't heard before, however.

This I haven't heard before, however.
It's from the end of the Seven Sages quest:

Looker: Thanks!
Okay, [Player]... There's something I need to tell you.
I've heard intel that, somewhere really far away from here, there's been sighting of an N-ish person with a dragon Pokémon.
I'm going to go and see if it's really true! Well, see you again someday!

It's from the end of the Seven Sages quest:

Aah, I rushed over that dialogue because I found the last sage by accident and was in the middle of trying to do something else. That's interesting though. It may indeed hint that they intend to continue N's story further, although I suppose they could do that in a 3rd version (say, a new area in the game) or a direct sequel to BW (Like Unova's Johto) with Gen 6 (or 5.5 :p) in a new region.

The fact that there was a new region hint in BW made me... well... feel strange about this generation. I have a feeling that this might be the shortest generation.

I think there most certainly will be a third version. Not only is it a tradition, but Legendaries work in trios, so all 3 get to be version mascots.
I agree with Angelus about an alternate forme Kyuurem.

So apparently Kyurem was the husk of both Reshiram and Zekrom and was given life by Arceus but what if he ascended to a higher being neither darkness or light but of both, a neutral being?, this new forme being the result of that!

Last edited:

So apparently Kyurem was the husk of both Reshiram and Zekrom and was given life by Arceus but what if he ascended to a higher being (alternate forme) neither darkness or light but of both, a neutral being?

That would be an interesting theory. (And introduces the need to insert a Gen 4 Pokémon into the storyline...)

I say he's lying. The past four generations have had third version remakes, so why should Generation V not have it? Anyway, there'll be RS remakes, so G5 isn't completed yet.

EDIT: Are there any reasons for Black and White not to get a third version remake? Yep, I thought so. There aren't any.

Last edited:

I don't think he's lying, he's just not telling the whole truth.

He said there wouldn't be a Grey version on the 3DS, but he never mentioned anything about it being on the DS.

He said there wouldn't be a Grey version on the 3DS, but he never mentioned anything about it being on the DS.
She said that Black and White are the last games of their iteration.

who says we get those remakes this gen

who says we get those remakes this gen

They're not remakes. Remakes are remakes of Pokemon games that came out two generations after its orginal games. (FRLG-RG/HGSS-GS) Third version remakes are just the normal two games, but with added features. (YCEP)

I am still so excited about getting my White version when it comes out that I really do not care at this time if they make a third version. Though I do believe there will be one come a time for it and it will be 3DS enhanced.

Given Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare, as well as the lack of move tutors and whatever the heck the God Stone is supposed to be, the 3rd version is a must. As Serebii said, it's a bit too early to ask someone in an interview about this. Normally 3rd Versions arrive 2 years after the original two version, which has how it's been for the 3rd and 4th Gens. Try again next winter and the answer may be different that time.

Given Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare, as well as the lack of move tutors and whatever the heck the God Stone is supposed to be, the 3rd version is a must. As Serebii said, it's a bit too early to ask someone in an interview about this. Normally 3rd Versions arrive 2 years after the original two version, which has how it's been for the 3rd and 4th Gens. Try again next winter and the answer may be different that time.

This. It totally makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom