• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unconfirmed: Black and White not to be followed by a third version: Mana Ibe denies a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Unconfirmed: Black and White may be the only Generation V titles: Mana Ibe denies

I say shut this down this is the first time the fan base has had some common sense to say no about some speculation can we lose it b4 the people who dont read posts come in after just reading the title and posting the first thing on their mind

Re: Unconfirmed: Black and White may be the only Generation V titles: Mana Ibe denies

OMG people, this is getting out of hand now. They want to market Black and White. Those are the games they have out now, and thats what they want people to focus on. Do you really think halfway through an interview they'll suddenly talk about future games, no. Stop over reacting.

People, read the updated article.

All the updated article say is that Ibe said that it wont be on the 3DS. Its possible they used the name " Pokemon Gray" and they may not be calling it that, or havent named it yet. They dont want gamers to wait for a third game. They want to sell Black and White. This was probably there way of saying " dont worry about that now, just buy Black and White".

this is getting dumb shut the article down of course its not gonna be on 3ds a generation stays within one console thats part of wat defines it

All the updated article say is that Ibe said that it wont be on the 3DS. Its possible they used the name " Pokemon Gray" and they may not be calling it that, or havent named it yet. They dont want gamers to wait for a third game. They want to sell Black and White. This was probably there way of saying " dont worry about that now, just buy Black and White".

Exactly. The whole "there's not third version" was a mistranslation.

this is getting dumb shut the article down of course its not gonna be on 3ds a generation stays within one console thats part of wat defines it

Umm... the reason the article got changed was due to fans thinking that there would not be a third version to begin with. Plus, this does take out the third version on 3DS possibility, making news.

It wasnt ever going to be on the 3DS, The first 3DS pokemon game will be either a spinoff( very likely) or Gen 6

Exactly, we have NO reason, NO reason i repeat, to think that there won't be a third game, i told you (collective you) that it was a mistranlsation.

Let's get this straight. The article title says that there won't be a thrid version on the 3DS. This could mean one of two things:
1. There will be third version, but it won't be on the 3DS.
2. There won't be a third version at all.

Ibe's quote (which translates word for word into English by the way) states that Black and White are the only games in their "installment". Which could also mean two things:
1. There won't be a third version.
2. Ibe is clueless about the third version.

My money is on the second one. That would render the point about the article title moot (since that information must have come from Ibe, who doesn't know about the third version), which means that we don't even know if the 3rd version will be on the 3DS or not.

I know people are trying to calm the masses by saying that it was a mistranslation and that Ibe was really saying that the third version won't be for 3DS, but that's still spreading a falsehood. Ibe said nothing of the sort, she simply denied the third version altogether, and it's reasonable to assume she was mistaken or lying. This means, we still don't know if there will be a third version, and if there is (which is likely), it could very well be for 3DS.

Last edited:

For all we know the translation could have meant there was nothing planned for the near future. Also maybe there will be but Mana Ibe isn't legally able to leak out any potential information that could end up being false.

That's just my take.

For all we know the translation could have meant there was nothing planned for the near future. Also maybe there will be but Mana Ibe isn't legally able to leak out any potential information that could end up being false.

That's just my take.

that too is a VERY likely and reasonable possibilty

just you wait for someone who thinks that he/she knows a lot about the subject, and will try to debunk it...

It probably was a mistranslation or a lie. As for Grey, it will no doubt be on the 3DS, Black and White were probably intended for the 3DS but as it got put back, they decided they had to release them early, but add 3DS enhancements I guess. The first new Pokemon game on 3DS will either be Grey or RS3DS. I am not sure what order they will do it in, but both games will probably tell us more about N, and also the fact Looker says he's been sighted in another region, in Black and White, well its too early for them to be thinking of a new region, to soon to revisit Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh so it is obviously Hoenn.

I'm agreeing with this. They're still pushing black and white, especially outside of japan (wasn't this a spanish article?), and the rest of the world always seems to be 6 months behind japan on anything relating to pokemon. They still have plenty of time to let black and white play out, so it wouldn't surprise me if gf hasn't even started on the third version yet.

Also
Mana Ibe (translated) said:
No, not at all. We've finished this installment with Black and White Versions.
We don't have the entire question really. Maybe Ibe could have been using "this installment" as the ds/dsi, meaning what's to come will be on the 3ds (3rd version/remakes).
That's just my take.
Same here.

It wasnt ever going to be on the 3DS, The first 3DS pokemon game will be either a spinoff( very likely) or Gen 6

I agree. I really don't see why everyone is such in a hurry for a Main Series Pokemon Game to be on the 3DS. I'm fine with the games being on the Nintendo DS right now. It wouldn't make sense for them to begin 5th generation on the DS but end it on the 3DS? Plus that would make people into rushing to try and get the
3DS, when they don't have the money to buy it, When there is most people that have finally have a DS now.The DS is still selling pretty well and I'm fine with the games being on the DS right now, and as Shiny Celebi said, the first Pokemon games for the Nintendo 3DS will probably and should be a spinoff, or the first titles for Generation 6. At least by then it would give people a lot more time to get the Nintendo 3DS. 5th generation started on the Nintendo DS, it should end on the Nintendo DS. That includes the possible 3rd Version to Black and White, as well as the Ruby and Sapphire remakes, Which all should be on the Nintendo DS, not the 3DS.

There is definitely gonna be a third version, they just probably haven't started planning on what they're gonna do with it, like if they want it or not to be a 3ds game, or if they want to make a few additions to the story

haha talk about overreacting.

:D

The interview where Masuda discussed N's name had him saying that Black and White contain hints as to what the full name is; he didn't allude to a third game. Also, Black and White themselves hint that N will appear in another region, so there doesn't need to be a third game for N to be relevant again.
So he's basically L from Death note where the single letter is his name?

Keldora Dragon said:

That's just my take.
Not that I don't believe there won't be a third version, but if that were the case, they'd just dodge the question entirely instead of actually denying it since that's also putting out false information.

Emboar: no kidding.

What will be will be, and there's nothing that we (the fandom) can do about it.

Hopefully the third version will be released for DS. The same goes for the RS remakes. I don't wanna buy a 3DS just to play one or two games.

If there's going to be an improved/updated version to black and white, my hunch is it'll stay on the same system, as that seems to be the release pattern according to my memory (Crystal on GBC, Emerald on GBA, Platinum on DS/DSLite). Seeing as Black and White aren't 3DS-only, I figure a follow up title would be for the DS family to date.

On the subject of a follow-up, in a way I can't say I want one - what little I know to be true about B&W seems to be the most radical changes to in-game mechanics compared to the series yet. TBH, might take some getting used to for me with those triple battles, heavier wi-fi emphasis, etc. Not like I can spend most of my money on gaming anymore either.

Nevertheless, change is good, yea? Keeps things fresh ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom