• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unconfirmed: GameStop to host Celebi event in May: Celebi to activate Giovanni event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Unconfirmed: Gamestop to host Celebi event in May: Celebi to activate Giovanni ev

Well USA got the DS before Japan so it is possible to be next month but I wont beleive it until I see a poster of it at gamestop.

Re: Unconfirmed: Gamestop to host Celebi event in May: Celebi to activate Giovanni ev

If it's true hopefully us Canadians get it as well....grrr

Well USA got the DS before Japan so it is possible to be next month

Could I see a connection between the two please?

There is no chance were getting it next month. NONE. Zip Zilch Zero

GHAAA I just am ticked that bulbanews would even consider posting this.....I mean....really?

I'm almost certain that this event happened in Japan (maybe last year?). I'm pretty stoked, and wouldn't be surprised if it were to drop next month...although, if they're talking about May from R/S/E, GameStop better leave her alone or else imma beat them up.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this details the event...
(advertising link removed)
...and I'm not sure why some people are under the assumption that it has yet to happen in Japan.

As far as I know, they're getting shiny versions of Johto's beasts, right? So, it only seems fair that we get some kind of cool event, too, since I doubt that movie will hit theaters here.

No, the Celebi that would be equivalent to this has not been released in Japan yet. We're getting both the shiny trio and Celebi for the movie. The trio being for buying a pre-order ticket (one of the trio per ticket) and the Celebi for going to the movie theater and watching the movie itself. The trio starts being distributed on 6/18, and then we'll get Celebi a little later starting on 7/10

Last edited by a moderator:

...and I'm not sure why some people are under the assumption that it has yet to happen in Japan.

Because it hasn't. The Celebi distribution doesn't start until July.

EDIT: Also calling BS on it.

Re: Unconfirmed: GameStop to host Celebi event in May: Celebi to activate Giovanni ev

I'm curious, where did this rumor originate from? The article in question doesn't even provide a link to any other site. Until then, I call BS along with everyone else due to the fact that not even Japan has this Celebi yet.

I don't quite follow you Megatron...

Canada never gets retail events. Even hoping we'd get this one (whether it happens in May, or some other time later in the year) is a joke.

Re: Unconfirmed: GameStop to host Celebi event in May: Celebi to activate Giovanni ev

I'm curious, where did this rumor originate from? The article in question doesn't even provide a link to any other site. Until then, I call BS along with everyone else due to the fact that not even Japan has this Celebi yet.

↓here↓

RexRacer (news article discussion page) said:
We received an e-mail from a GameStop employee claiming to have heard that the Celebi event was in May. Sketchy source is sketchy, so we're putting it up anyway and calling it unconfirmed.

My Gamestop knows nothing about this.

The United States rarely gets event Pokemon before Japan so it is pretty unlikely for this to happen.

As well, if it were to be released this coming May there would have been some sort of advertisement up for it. Also, I receive the e-mails that they send out and all of the previous event Pokemon (such as Jirachi and the Pikachu Colored Pichu) were advertised in it.

Sketchy sources are well, sketchy.

My Gamestop knows nothing about this.

Why would the minimum wage employee who works at the desk know anything?

Hint: They wouldn't.

What one Gamestop knows is what they all know. I'm sure someone is just jumping to conclusions. Or is being lied to.

I've called the GameStop that I go to for these events. This store had both the Draco Meteor Jirachi and the Pikachu-Coloured Pichu giveaways, so if Celebi was going to happen they would definitely hold the event. And they would definitely know of this.

The manager told me that they had heard nothing about it and to not call him again.

Bulbagarden done been trolled.

The manager told me that they had heard nothing about it and to not call him again.

Not to call him again? Sounds like quite an asshat; managers should know to deal with their potential customers better than that.

Not to call him again? Sounds like quite an asshat; managers should know to deal with their potential customers better than that.

Pffffffffffff yup. But I think it was more of a personal jibe since I call the store before every event all like "OMG WILL YOU HAVE THIS POKEMON?!?!?!?" This is like the fifth time I've done this to him so we kind of know each other now.

ANYWAY. There's also no mention of this on the official site for Pokemon or GameStop. I KNOW that Bulbapedia has a big flag on the story saying "Unconfirmed, gaiz" but considering the amount of negative feedback I wonder if it should just maybe be taken down.

Just thinking aloud.

Well, that's two gamestops that have deconfirmed it, so whoever this emailer guy was, he wasn't from gamestop (or if he was, he was a troll)

Admittedly, store managers and their clueless employees are usually the last to know about anything, so it isn't surprising that retail locations would know nothing (even during events, many seem to know jack squat).

If the e-mail was genuine, it likely came from a corporate or head office employee. We'll know soon enough, though. Personally, I (cautiously) hope it is true... it'd be awesome to get Celebi before Japan. I doubt it, though. I just want it for the Giovanni event; I already have a few 10ANIV Celebis for Pokedex completion.

And here comes NZ which gets jack squat! And we say to the aussies"Hey you bastards!What are you doing!" We never get an event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom