• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unconfirmed: GameStop to host Celebi event in May: Celebi to activate Giovanni event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Unconfirmed: GameStop to host Celebi event in May: Celebi to activate Giovanni ev

If it happens, WOOHOO! But, I too, am skeptical. We would've heard something by now. And WHY would we get it before the Japs? This is the work of a troll. THERES 19 HOURS UNTIL MAY, FOR GOD'S SAKE.

Re: Unconfirmed: GameStop to host Celebi event in May: Celebi to activate Giovanni ev

↓here↓

Well I could respond with "Who reads the news discussion page?" since well, I rarely read the Discussion page on the Bulbanews site itself, rather I just read the article to get my news. I think that mentioning that it came from an unnamed GameStop Employee in the article itself would have been nice.

And WHY would we get it before the Japs? This is the work of a troll.

I tend to agree with you there. But isn't "Japs" a racial slur?:sweat:

Becasue this is UNCONFIRMED, and there's absolutely no evidence of it actually happening, why is there an article about it?

I'm curious as to why a Gamestop employee emailed directly to Bulbanews. I didn't know that any of them (besides the few members here that work at Gamestop) knew about Bulbagarden. I think this guy just misheard or is clueless, or doesn't work there.

I'm curious as to why a Gamestop employee emailed directly to Bulbanews. I didn't know that any of them (besides the few members here that work at Gamestop) knew about Bulbagarden.

Assuming it's true, probably for the "thrill" (or whatever) of being the person who leaked the info. It's fun to leak information like that. Just look at the whole next-gen iPhone fiasco that just occured.

And google is pretty easy for finding major sources of Pokemon news. Someone wouldn't need to know about Bulbanews beforehand, in order to find it relatively quickly.

That is true, I found this site without knowing it existed. Anyway, I use to be an assistant manager for GameStop, and a number of my friends still work there. I have asked them, and I was told that they have heard something about distribution in the summer, but that they weren't told it was tied into Celebi.

Of course, they could be just as clueless and imagine it's for the yellow forest or the Japan distribution this summer. Either way, it's something for nothing.

I've done several google searches and called pretty much every gamestop around where I live (which is 6 at least) and nobody at gamestop heard about it and I couldn't find anything about it on google or Pokemon.com. Also when was the last time the we had a celebi event, the 10th anniversary I think...? Celebi is almost the only pokemon that's rarely, if ever, available in the US.

Also when was the last time the we had a celebi event, the 10th anniversary I think...? Celebi is almost the only pokemon that's rarely, if ever, available in the US.

That particular fact is immaterial... a Celebi event is one of the next ones scheduled to be done, whether that's in May or sometime later this year.

And Celebi's rarity isn't limited to the US. Even in Japan, it's one of the rarest (if not the rarest) event Pokemon. The upcoming movie distribution will be the first time it's ever been distributed to Gen IV games, even in Japan.

I have a question... after each game release, when do we typically get events like this? HG/SS was released back in March in North America... so going by that logic, it would seem that a May release for NA would be plausible, since that would put it about 2 months after the game releases. It's just a guess though... I'm not saying that this piece of news is entirely true, I ain't believing it either until we get further confirmation on this.

I really hope this is true. This seems like a cool event, and Celebi is up there on my list of ledgendary wants. It would be cool to get one this early!

I have a question... after each game release, when do we typically get events like this? HG/SS was released back in March in North America... so going by that logic, it would seem that a May release for NA would be plausible, since that would put it about 2 months after the game releases. It's just a guess though... I'm not saying that this piece of news is entirely true, I ain't believing it either until we get further confirmation on this.

Well, the first giveaway for Platinum after it's release in March '09 was the VGC09 Milotic, given out from May 9th to June 13th in various locations across the US. That isn't quite the same thing as a retail event, though... and also, Milotic was Platinum-exclusive, whereas the Celebi giveaway is likely to be receivable on all Gen IV games. The first retail event after Platinum's release was the TRU Arceus, in November '09.

For Diamond/Pearl, released in April '07, the first event was the TRU Manaphy in September '07. There was a big gap after that, with the TRU Darkrai being the next one in late May '08.

Well I could respond with "Who reads the news discussion page?" since well, I rarely read the Discussion page on the Bulbanews site itself, rather I just read the article to get my news. I think that mentioning that it came from an unnamed GameStop Employee in the article itself would have been nice.

which is exactly why I quoted it and told you where it was >.> ...

Re: Unconfirmed: Gamestop to host Celebi event in May: Celebi to activate Giovanni ev

Unconfirmed: Gamestop to host Celebi event in May: Celebi to activate Giovanni event

Gamestop is rumored to have a Celebi distribution event in May for North America. The event will be the North American version of the Japanese event, which will take place with the release of Movie 13.

Read more on Bulbanews

I hope this rumor turns into a fact. I wonder how you can find out which Gamestops will be doing the event once the fact is confirmed?

Re: Unconfirmed: Gamestop to host Celebi event in May: Celebi to activate Giovanni ev

I wonder how you can find out which Gamestops will be doing the event once the fact is confirmed?

Most gamestops usually do the event...But I'm pretty sure there would be a list on GameStop.com.

i hope this is false, im going out of the country on the 4th and it would suck if i missed it.

Before Japan or did I miss that?

anyway this will be cool if true.

Chances are it's true. I say so, because it would be pretty pointless for it to happen in a year from now, when Black and White will be announced and HG/SS would be very forgotten in the U.S.

Chances are it's true. I say so, because it would be pretty pointless for it to happen in a year from now, when Black and White will be announced and HG/SS would be very forgotten in the U.S.

Chances are it's made up. The US has never gotten a movie event before Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom