• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unconfirmed: Nintendo 3DS to be released in October: CVG reports inside info

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score

CVG, a large gaming site, has reported that inside sources have given them the release date for the Nintendo 3DS.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Unconfirmed: Rumor:3DS to be released in October: CVG reports inside info

Lol at using both "unconfirmed" and "rumour" tags...

That would be a good release date though

Re: Unconfirmed: Rumor:3DS to be released in October: CVG reports inside info

Yeah, I started a thread on this in the Geeks Corner section. October sounds about right... anywhere from Sept-Nov. is usually fair game for a major release from Nintendo, though.

The question now is how much time will seperate the release in various regions. The original DS launched in North America first, and then Japan about a week later. I wonder if the 3DS will similarly launch both in and outside Japan within a relatively short time period. Personally I hope so... I don't usually buy into the new systems right at launch, but if the 3DS is all that the current rumours promise (and depending on launch titles), I may this time. I'm hoping for a port of Mario Sunshine as a launch title, to continue the tradition of console Mario remakes on handhelds.

If the 3DS does launch in October, then it could potentially come out within just a few weeks of Pokemon Black & White. I'm curious how well B/W graphics will hold up next to the 3DS launch games. And assuming Nintendo is using the Sharp parallax barrier touchscreen LCDs that were recently announced as ready for mass production, I'm curious how DS games will look when scaled up to the 854x480 resolution of those screens.

CVG, a large gaming site, has reported that inside sources have given them the release date for the Nintendo 3DS.

Read more on Bulbanews

Isn't that around the time Black and White release? Hmmm…

...Oh man Yoshi, you're right! This has gotta be true in order for Generation V to follow the pattern of the successing Gen.! And if that's the case, then I wonder how long we have 'till both items get to international countries. Usually March-April.

...I still find it strange, though, that no images or gameplay footage (aside from Black and White) of the 3DS hasn't been leaked or otherwise released online...

...Oh man Yoshi, you're right! This has gotta be true in order for Generation V to follow the pattern of the successing Gen.! And if that's the case, then I wonder how long we have 'till both items get to international countries. Usually March-April.

Are you saying that B/W are gonna be on the 3DS? If you are they're already confirmed for DS. If you arent, sorry for accusing you.

Anyway I wonder what types of games are gonna be the launch titles

I think they're waiting for E³ to release anything publicly.

Probably the same as how GBC games looked on the GBA in widescreen mode. Really REALLY weird.

Are you saying that B/W are gonna be on the 3DS? If you are they're already confirmed for DS. If you arent, sorry for accusing you.

Anyway I wonder what types of games are gonna be the launch titles

1) Yeah, that's mine (and appearantly Yoshi's) guess.

2) Since Black and White are the only known games to date possibly for the system, they may be the launch titles, and hopefully a Mario or Zelda title! XD

Well, apparently now i know what games im not getting.

They are confirmed for regular DS, but I find it odd to move up launce to when B&W come out.

I hope you aren't hinting at what I think you're hinting at.

This is pretty cool. It means we get it here all that much sooner.

And the best part is, I'm the one who gets to tell everyone at school.

Twilight Princess was originally slated to be a Gamecube-only game. They've done it before, they could easily do it now with Black and White.

I hope you aren't hinting at what I think you're hinting at.

I doubt it. All the graphics and footage we've seen so far have been decidedly DS-quality. They'd be an insult to the 3DS, if the rumours of Gamecube-level graphical power are true... and given how much technology has advanced, and the fact the PSP2 will be even more drastically powerful than that, it's probably a safe bet to assume the rumours relatively accurate. The 854x480 resolution of the Sharp parallax barrier touchscreen LCDs also hints at Gamecube resolutions, as it was also 480p.

The most that could be announced at this point would be a few last-minute 3DS-enhanced features thrown into the game... that alone would probably be enough to get a decent chunk of Pokemon fans to buy the 3DS earlier than they may otherwise have.

Twilight Princess was originally slated to be a Gamecube-only game. They've done it before, they could easily do it now with Black and White.

Technically speaking it already is a DS and 3DS title, since the 3DS can play DS games. >_>

I'm pretty much 100% sure they aren't going to jump B/W to launch titles for the 3DS. However, I wouldn't be surprised (and almost expect) if they added features for when it is played on the 3DS.

Still skeptical about this, if only because of how early it is, but then again I guess Nintendo is trying not to overhype everything since Brawl kind of backfired on them, so I guess this extends to their consoles now. Strange, I figured that would be the one thing they would try to hype up ASAP.

Still, I support the idea that Pokemon Black/White will have features that can only be accessible on the 3DS, yet still be playable on the DS, unlike making 2 different copies of the same game ala Twilight Princess.

Alternative far out there idea.

What if they took a leaf out of the book of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? The original Red and Blue versions of that were split between GBA and DS. What if they split Black and White between DS and 3DS?

Alternative far out there idea.

What if they took a leaf out of the book of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? The original Red and Blue versions of that were split between GBA and DS. What if they split Black and White between DS and 3DS?

I guess that wouldn't be so bad…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom