• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unconfirmed: Nintendo 3DS to be released in October: CVG reports inside info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternative far out there idea.

What if they took a leaf out of the book of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? The original Red and Blue versions of that were split between GBA and DS. What if they split Black and White between DS and 3DS?

Could be interesting if they did, but I'm not sure if I could see them doing that with Black and White for some reason.

What if they took a leaf out of the book of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? The original Red and Blue versions of that were split between GBA and DS. What if they split Black and White between DS and 3DS?

I don't like the idea, actually. What if the DS and 3DS aren't compatible with each other?

I want them to be on the same gaming console (DS or 3DS).

This seems very soon...But still, if it's true: WOO!!!!!!
And I hope the 3DS has a second slot and Black and White have Pal Park for transferring Gen 4 Pokemon over...
DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT'S TAKING TO TRANSFER ALL MY POKEMON TO HG?!!!

I don't like the idea, actually. What if the DS and 3DS aren't compatible with each other?

I want them to be on the same gaming console (DS or 3DS).

The 3DS WILL DEFINATELY be compatible with the DS... The 3DS can play DS games.

Yeah, I know. It's just that I don't like the concept of Black and White being on (slightly) different consoles (1 in the DS and the other in the 3DS, even though the DS and 3DS will be a bit similar).

I call bulshit. These are the idiots that said Nintendo had something going with Pokemon and the next handheld.

So if they release b/w for 3ds, my new dsi will be pissed. oh no.. lo.ol

Oops, how come you know it?

The one that stays on the 3ds would rock men..

If this is true, I find it odd that Gamefreak would develop B/W for the DS, since they could've pushed for being launch titles. The only alternative is that they're going a roundabout way. They're anticipating that people will use the 3DS's backwards compatibility to play B/W. This could still help it's sales, if the people just like having the newest thing. I can say none of this for certain, but it still would've been better if they pushed for being a launch title. This either means this info is very fake, or that Gamefreak are clever sneaky geniuses.

but it still would've been better if they pushed for being a launch title.

Because it makes no sense to push something designed for a certain console to another when there isn't going to much difference. B/W has DS graphics as TM2-Megatron it would be insulting for the consumer if B/W were for the 3DS.

I mean seriously if Mario Sunshine is ported to the 3DS, who is going to want to buy B/W when Mario Sunshine has better Graphics?

I'm really not seeing why people are so adamant about Black and White being for the 3DS, I mean if you're rich and want to spend $300 like it was nothing then fine, but a lot of us don't have that luxury.

I hope that the 3DS gets released in North America early as well. See I might be able to save enough for a 3DS for Christmas, and then when B/W gets a release date next year for North America I might be able to get it then. If 3DS gets pushed far into next year (for North America/US) I might not be able to keep $200 in my wallet for very long, I might go on a shopping binge. And the DSi XL would look very appetizing.

Guys I have my doubts. Yes Nintendo have confirmed that BW is for the DS, but then Twilight Princess was confirmed for the Gamecube, we saw pictures of game footage, and then it got pushed back into being a Wii title. I have a gut instinct that BW will be on 3DS. So far, each new generation has been on a new console, if BW were on the regular DS that would break this chain, and you'd have 2 Generations on the DS. Then looking at the third title, with possible remakes, what would happen to those? Would they be put on DS with BW, meaning Nintendo would still be making DS games in 2012 at the earliest, or would we have the odd predicament of half the generation being on one console and the other half being on another console. Neither situation makes sense, so I think maybe BW will be on the 3DS, continuing the tradition of new gen=new games, and making sure the whole generation is on the same console.

Guys I have my doubts. Yes Nintendo have confirmed that BW is for the DS, but then Twilight Princess was confirmed for the Gamecube, we saw pictures of game footage, and then it got pushed back into being a Wii title. I have a gut instinct that BW will be on 3DS. So far, each new generation has been on a new console, if BW were on the regular DS that would break this chain, and you'd have 2 Generations on the DS. Then looking at the third title, with possible remakes, what would happen to those? Would they be put on DS with BW, meaning Nintendo would still be making DS games in 2012 at the earliest, or would we have the odd predicament of half the generation being on one console and the other half being on another console. Neither situation makes sense, so I think maybe BW will be on the 3DS, continuing the tradition of new gen=new games, and making sure the whole generation is on the same console.

Im pretty sure thats not a tradition that GF even acknowledges and that the whole new gen = new console thing just played out that way. The DS has lasted longer than any of Nintendo's handhelds after the first pokemon was released so it would make sense that the timing would give it to gens of pokemon. I mean they are cutting it close to the 3DS but a console doesnt automatically die whe its successor is released. I predict the DS will have atleast another year left after the 3DS is released. Just because it's the newest handheld(Which probably has a lot of minor bugs at release so it would be better to wait to buy it) doesnt mean that every good game out there should automatically release on it. They have already been confirmed for DS and I'm not sure how soon before its release that TP switched to gamecube but it's coming out in September so they're cutting it close if they plan on making it a 3DS launch title. I'd rather it be on DS, I dont really care about the graphics as long as the games good.

... Is the "It's on the DS/it's on the 3DS" debate gonna pop up everytime a juicy piece of news about the 3DS comes out? Seriously?

I couldn't care less of what happens to either the console or the games right now... alls I know is that I'm definately getting the 3DS for the 3rd version and other future games, and that I'm getting at least White Version (if both versions have completely different storylines, I'll get both:-/) when it's released here in the US... regardless of what system it comes out on.

If it's revealed at E3, it's possible to have it in October.

... but, I think it won't hit stores until November. E3 typically sets up for the Holiday season of that year, November being the prime month.

Still not sold on it, though. A bit concerned about price as the technology they are using is pretty pricey.

Think about this, IF they continue with remakes, they are going to have to eventually remove compatibility between two generations (like Gen II and Gen III) so they don't have people getting pokemon from the original game to the remake.

Think about this, IF they continue with remakes, they are going to have to eventually remove compatibility between two generations (like Gen II and Gen III) so they don't have people getting pokemon from the original game to the remake.

And before HG/SS were revealed people said the remakes' Pokémon would have to be unobtainable for there being any need for the remakes. What does it matter if you can transfer Pokémon from the originals to the remakes? That's just a fan-made rule. And it's not like everyone buying the remakes always have the originals. C

Your right, but it just doesn't really seem right to game developers (game freak would probably agree) to remake a game and have it compatible with the original. Just try to name one game where a game was remade AND it was compatible with the original.

This is what I think will happen after reading this post. Something shockingly special is coming. Just wait until everyone sees the pricing structure internationally, that will be a fun thread.

I really hope they release it soon, earlier the better imho

If this is true, I approve entirely. My birthday is in October so perhaps, for once, a new system being released won't make me broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom