• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unconfirmed Speculation surrounding the NET!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

badwolf1234

TRUE POKEMON LOVER
Reaction score
since sketch said we cannot discuss speculations on the corocoro thread i created a new thread. Okay this thread only discuss unconfirmed spoilers surrounding the net with BASIS especially the ones that has a high percentage to be true like the pokebeach speculation!!! okay

It would probably make more sense just to discuss the various rumors in the appropriate threads. Like the green cobra thing in the legendary thread, and the Tauros evo in the new Pokemon thread.

It would probably make more sense just to discuss the various rumors in the appropriate threads. Like the green cobra thing in the legendary thread, and the Tauros evo in the new Pokemon thread.

i agree with that but there official here that could stop us and said that they were only speculation dont discuss them here so i made a new thread for spoilers only!!!

The only reason you shouldn't discuss speculation in the CoroCoro thread is because it has nothing to do with CoroCoro. The other threads are all about speculation.

Is it okay to have this thread here? Cause isn't this whole discussion board about speculation to begin with?

I have to agree with Exhibit A. There are many places for speculation. Of course, this thread could work with all of them, but...

Those spoilers WPM posted up on his site regarding the "inside source" sound really fake to me.

- Large, Green Cobra - Rayquaza is a large, green dragon-snake.
- Minotauros - 1)An unoriginal name. PCi can do better than that. 2) We've been going on about Tauros evolving into a Minotaur since Gen I.
- The whole Yin/Yang thing...those rumours make it too obvious. It will over-complicated a children's game. How can a company expect the average player in their target audience to even know the difference between right and wrong?

A large green cobra paired with resahiram and zekrom seems way to weird and sounds like a rayquaza rip off. Also Tauros really doesn't need an evolution. Especially a bipedal one.

I remember there was some other rumours about Reshiram and Zekrom being able to change formes, which I really hope is fake, because I'm sick of nearly every legendary having 10 different formes.

Also, the Yin/yang thing is most likely partly true, since reshiram is classified as the white yang pokemon and zekrom is the black yin pokemon.

out of all the speculations the only one im crazy about was the battle area effect items there are sweet.

Those spoilers WPM posted up on his site regarding the "inside source" sound really fake to me.

- Large, Green Cobra - Rayquaza is a large, green dragon-snake.
- Minotauros - 1)An unoriginal name. PCi can do better than that. 2) We've been going on about Tauros evolving into a Minotaur since Gen I.
- The whole Yin/Yang thing...those rumours make it too obvious. It will over-complicated a children's game. How can a company expect the average player in their target audience to even know the difference between right and wrong?

1. Agreed. First thing that came to mind when I heard that was Rayquaza.
2. I don't think it's completely unbelievable. They're not always creative with evolution names. The name Megayanma/Yanmega comes to mind...
3. Also agreed. I know they're trying to make big changes, but the whole "decisions affect the outcome" is a bit much.

Overall, there's a chance those rumors could be real, but it seems to me like just a bunch of rumors with some/one of them having a chance at being correct by pure luck. Nothing more.

Keep in mind that even though Tauros is a good Pokemon in it's own right, there is still the possibility that it will have an evolution. Remember back in the early days of gen 4 when people first heard about Rhyperior? People were literally complaining that an already good Pokemon got an evolution. So although it's a little farfetch'd, it's still a possibility.

(though I do admit the name is sort of dumb)

Tauros, despite being a good Pokémon, is not good as, let's say, Infernape(though any OU/BL physical sweeper/tank can fit).

Besides, there is nothing wrong with improving an already good Pokémon is it?

* There will be 157 new Pokemon, bringing the total amount to 650.
* Like how Giratina compliments Dialga and Palkia, a large, green cobra will accompany Reshiram and Zekrom.
* Tauros will have an evolution: Minotauros. It stands on two legs.
* In previous games, either through moves or through abilities, players were able to alter the weather conditions of the battle field to boost certain types. For example, Groudon's Drought summons sunlight, which boosts Fire-type moves by 50%. In Black and White, players will be able to collect certain items that alter the weather conditions of the battle field. Approximately twenty of these items will affect the weather conditions so that they will boost certain types (kind of like Stadium cards in the TCG?), with some types getting added bonuses depending on the item. As a side note, in today's CoroCoro scans, there was a screenshot showing a new weather indicator (we overlooked it), which could give credence to this claim.
* One example will be setting up a Poison Field, which causes all Poison-type attacks to gain 30% accuracy, Sludge Bomb to have a 100% poison rate, and the effects of Toxic Spikes' poison to have an immediate effect.
* Black and white, good versus evil, and yin and yang are going to play a major part in the plot. However, unlike previous Pokemon games, the decisions and choices you make will "influence" the plot of the game. If you make "good" choices, you might get certain help or items, whereas "bad" choices could have negative effects. The point is that the plot will not be as cut-and-dry as previous games, changing depending on the player's actions.
* Tsutaaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru had rough designs over this past year or so, but in the last few months received major overhauls, becoming the final designs we see today.

Closing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom