• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Under-used Tier RMT

Synthesis

._.
Reaction score
478.png

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Satk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Taunt
-Spikes
-Destiny Bond
-Icy Wind

In almost all of my UU teams, you'll notice this badass Ghost type. Honestly, it's such an underrated lead, capable of preventing Rocks, setting Spikes up and taking out the opponent. In most battles it either gets up 1-2 layers of Spikes and takes out the opponent with DBond or it gets up 2-3 layers and Taunts the foe.

The set in itself is the standard LeadLass, but with one small variation: Icy Wind over Ice Beam. Icy Wind enables it to beat Aero, scarfed Mons and the Speed drop is really crippling a lot of the time. The only difference with Ice Beam is that it can 3/4HKO several Pokemon, whereas Icy Wind will 5/6HKO. But if that were the case, I'd try and get up my entry hazards and DBond, or switch. All in all, love this lead.

207.png

Gligar (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Atk
Impish Nature (+Def, -Satk)
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Earthquake
-Roost

My Physical wall. I have mixed feelings on this guy to be honest. It's a real shame that Immunity and Stealth Rock are illegal together because it gets Poisoned a lot. I mean, it's great at getting Rocks up and it can be such a beast, tanking so much and getting in a few KOs here and there by Toxic stalling and Earthquake spamming. The EVs convert a good few 3HKOs into 2HKOs, which is worth sacrificing a few Defense EVs.

The thing that annoys me most about Gligar is how easily it can be walled by those bulk Waters, with the exception of Slowbro if it doesn't carry Ice Beam, and the fact that it ends up costing me two Pokemon a lot of the time in order to get up my Spikes and my Rocks. I have debated swapping this out for a Pert, but my team can have trouble with bulky Grass types like Rose, Virizion and Celebi as it is.

555.png

Darmanitan (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Satk)
-U-turn
-Stone Edge
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake

Aside from Lass, this is my favourite member. It's such a devestating scout and late game sweeper, especially when the opponent doesn't get up any hazards. I chose Adamant over Jolly as Adamant gaurantees a lot of OHKOs and the additional Speed is negligable in comparison.

Stone Edge still receives that glorious Sheer Force boost and goes hand-in-hand with Earthquake for the devestating EdgeQuake combo. U-turn is the ideal scouting move and Flare Blitz is the bread to my butter, even if the recoil does mount up. Not much more to say about this guy except that he is a huge staple to my team and he's definitely staying.

169.png

Crobat (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
Modest Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Nasty Plot
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga Drain
-Heatwave

When it comes to Crobat, I'm of two minds. On the positive side, it's a pretty cool Pokemon I've wanted to try and utilise for a while, it uses a pretty uncommon and often overlooked Specially-oriented Crobat which catches a lot of people off gaurd, and when it gets a Nasty Plot off, it really can sweep through teams mid-game. Unfortunately, it's not all smooth sailing with Crobat. A lot of the time it feels as though it doesn't pull its own weight and more often than not ends up letting me down. Its also very frail and usually dead very quickly thanks to the painful Rocks weakness and Lorb recoil, which it needs to do any real damage. When it gets hit by paralysis, it becomes a dead-weight more often than not.

But, it is a pretty solid Grass type counter. So many times it has saved my ass on those very annoying Grass types, with Virizion and Roseradr being particular thorns in my side (lolpun). Of everything on the team, I'd be most willing to let this guy go, but, I'd need something to counter Grass types, especially if I employ Swampert over Gligar.

560.png

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Attack / 236 Sdef
Adamant Nature (+Attack, - Satk)
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Dragon Tail
-Rest

Although Scrafty was the last addition to my team, I think he fits in well. I love this set and Shed Skin with Rest is such a good combination, along with his natural bulk and Bulk Up. Drain Punch does reasonable damage to anything that doesn't resist it, and the healing side of it is definitely very handy. Dragon Tail catches a lot of people off gaurd, especially on those that try and send in bulky Pokemon that try and set up on Scrafty. Good for spreading around Rocks and Spikes damage too, which allows either Darmanitan or Snorlax to pull of a late game sweep.

Scrafty acts as not just a Special-based wall, despite what the EVs imply. It's basically my go-to Pokemon a lot of the time when I'm not sure what else to send. It tanks all hits like there's no tomorrow, can phaze easily enough, and it can set up and pull off a sweep. This guy has great synergy with the team in general, and I doubt I'd remove him from the team unless there was something that was really convincing.

143.png

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Def
-Curse
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Rest

And finally we have my true Special wall, Lax. Amazing synergy with Froslass, being able to take the Fire and Ghost moves aimed at her and Froslass can take the Fighting moves aimed at Lax, provided she's still alive at this point. Usually he acts as my Special wall and late-game sweeper. Curse, Body Slam and Rest are all moves that need to be on him, but I'm not too certain on EQ. While it has had its benefits in the past, most Electric types that get hit by it (so no Rotom-H or Zapdos), die to a +1 Body Slam. I'm thinking of replacing this with Whirlwind for the time being - to beat other things that try and set up on it, mainly other Lax.

And there you have it, one of my most successful UU teams thus far. Overall, I'm quite happy with his team, but I know there's a few improvements that can be made to this team, but not exactly sure what they are for the most part. I look forward to hearing what other people have to say about this team, and all comments are welcome.​

478.png

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Cloak
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Taunt
-Spikes
-Destiny Bond
-Icy Wind

In almost all of my UU teams, you'll notice this badass Ghost type. Honestly, it's such an underrated lead, capable of preventing Rocks, setting Spikes up and taking out the opponent. In most battles it either gets up 1-2 layers of Spikes and takes out the opponent with DBond or it gets up 2-3 layers and Taunts the foe.

The set in itself is the standard LeadLass, but with one small variation: Icy Wind over Ice Beam. Icy Wind enables it to beat Aero, scarfed Mons and the Speed drop is really crippling a lot of the time. The only difference with Ice Beam is that it can 3/4HKO several Pokemon, whereas Icy Wind will 5/6HKO. But if that were the case, I'd try and get up my entry hazards and DBond, or switch. All in all, love this lead.

207.png

Gligar (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Atk
Impish Nature (+Def, -Satk)
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Earthquake
-Roost

My Physical wall. I have mixed feelings on this guy to be honest. It's a real shame that Immunity and Stealth Rock are illegal together because it gets Poisoned a lot. I mean, it's great at getting Rocks up and it can be such a beast, tanking so much and getting in a few KOs here and there by Toxic stalling and Earthquake spamming. The EVs convert a good few 3HKOs into 2HKOs, which is worth sacrificing a few Defense EVs.

The thing that annoys me most about Gligar is how easily it can be walled by those bulk Waters, with the exception of Slowbro if it doesn't carry Ice Beam, and the fact that it ends up costing me two Pokemon a lot of the time in order to get up my Spikes and my Rocks. I have debated swapping this out for a Pert, but my team can have trouble with bulky Grass types like Rose, Virizion and Celebi as it is.

555.png

Darmanitan (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Satk)
-U-turn
-Stone Edge
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake

Aside from Lass, this is my favourite member. It's such a devestating scout and late game sweeper, especially when the opponent doesn't get up any hazards. I chose Adamant over Jolly as Adamant gaurantees a lot of OHKOs and the additional Speed is negligable in comparison.

Stone Edge still receives that glorious Sheer Force boost and goes hand-in-hand with Earthquake for the devestating EdgeQuake combo. U-turn is the ideal scouting move and Flare Blitz is the bread to my butter, even if the recoil does mount up. Not much more to say about this guy except that he is a huge staple to my team and he's definitely staying.

169.png

Crobat (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
Modest Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Nasty Plot
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga Drain
-Heatwave

When it comes to Crobat, I'm of two minds. On the positive side, it's a pretty cool Pokemon I've wanted to try and utilise for a while, it uses a pretty uncommon and often overlooked Specially-oriented Crobat which catches a lot of people off gaurd, and when it gets a Nasty Plot off, it really can sweep through teams mid-game. Unfortunately, it's not all smooth sailing with Crobat. A lot of the time it feels as though it doesn't pull its own weight and more often than not ends up letting me down. Its also very frail and usually dead very quickly thanks to the painful Rocks weakness and Lorb recoil, which it needs to do any real damage. When it gets hit by paralysis, it becomes a dead-weight more often than not.

But, it is a pretty solid Grass type counter. So many times it has saved my ass on those very annoying Grass types, with Virizion and Roseradr being particular thorns in my side (lolpun). Of everything on the team, I'd be most willing to let this guy go, but, I'd need something to counter Grass types, especially if I employ Swampert over Gligar.

560.png

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Attack / 236 Sdef
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Dragon Tail
-Rest

Although Scrafty was the last addition to my team, I think he fits in well. I love this set and Shed Skin with Rest is such a good combination, along with his natural bulk and Bulk Up. Drain Punch does reasonable damage to anything that doesn't resist it, and the healing side of it is definitely very handy. Dragon Tail catches a lot of people off gaurd, especially on those that try and send in bulky Pokemon that try and set up on Scrafty. Good for spreading around Rocks and Spikes damage too, which allows either Darmanitan or Snorlax to pull of a late game sweep.

Scrafty acts as not just a Special-based wall, despite what the EVs imply. It's basically my go-to Pokemon a lot of the time when I'm not sure what else to send. It tanks all hits like there's no tomorrow, can phaze easily enough, and it can set up and pull off a sweep. This guy has great synergy with the team in general, and I doubt I'd remove him from the team unless there was something that was really convincing.

143.png

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Def
-Curse
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Rest

And finally we have my true Special wall, Lax. Amazing synergy with Froslass, being able to take the Fire and Ghost moves aimed at her and Froslass can take the Fighting moves aimed at Lax, provided she's still alive at this point. Usually he acts as my Special wall and late-game sweeper. Curse, Body Slam and Rest are all moves that need to be on him, but I'm not too certain on EQ. While it has had its benefits in the past, most Electric types that get hit by it (so no Rotom-H or Zapdos), die to a +1 Body Slam. I'm thinking of replacing this with Whirlwind for the time being - to beat other things that try and set up on it, mainly other Lax.

And there you have it, one of my most successful UU teams thus far. Overall, I'm quite happy with his team, but I know there's a few improvements that can be made to this team, but not exactly sure what they are for the most part. I look forward to hearing what other people have to say about this team, and all comments are welcome.​

just a couple of comments:
- I find special crobat quite disappointing and you miss out on some key ko's unless you have a couple of nasty plots up. pretty good coverage on it though. Roserade can do something similar (but hp instead of heat wave) and defensive variants can wall grass.

- how about a chesto berry for snorlax? are you just planning on using it as your last pokemon?

- pretty good team overall and I would hate your scrafty a lot!

@AshK ; Thanks for the comments!

While I'd love to try out Roserade over Crobat, it recently got evicted from UU again, which means I can't use it on this team. Right now, I'm shuffling between several different Special sweepers, but none have worked great yet. Chandelure is one of the few left to test right now.

I'm not really a fan of ChestoResto usually. Snorlax can easily spend two turns sleeping through Special moves that aren't Focus Miss and can withstand non-Fighting physical moves after a Curse or two with ease. I just prefer the constant leftovers recovery.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom