• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Underappreciated Pokémon

the thoughtful Drifloon.
Reaction score
- venomoth
- sunflora
- mantine
- masquerain
- volbeat
- illumise
- huntail
- gorebyss
- lumineon

i've never see anyone with them on their team...
I have a Mantine on my HG team! ^o^ I also think Venemoth should be more appreciated.

Reaction score
I haven't seen many trainers with a Lapras online...does that mean its underappreciated?

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
I haven't seen many trainers with a Lapras online...does that mean its underappreciated?
It's more that she gets thoroughly outclassed by Pokemon like Vaporeon because she lacks reliable recovery (outside of Rest) and has the defensively disastrous Ice type to hold it back. It's by no means underappreciated. In fact, I'd say she's one of the more popular Water type Pokemon out there and definitely one of the top 5 favorite Ice types.

Reaction score
Dunsparce is under appreciated and is famous because of that. Just because it's well know doesn't mean it is appreciated. It still sucks in battle.
It's not that bad now that it's got Serene Grace. Headbutt + King's Rock make it annoying.

Nothing
Reaction score
Mantine. It's basically a special version of Skarmory, with more weaknesses (140 Sp Defense? Seriously?)
Erm. Out of ideas right now. Will ad more if I think of any.

The Man of Squirtles
Reaction score
I always feel bad for Onyx, since Steelix outclasses him so horribly. =[

Parasect too, he is one of only three Pokemon with access to Spore, show him so love!

Reaction score
Glaceon. I have NEVER seen one used for battle.

Farfetch'd, Porygon, Doduo/Dodrio, Stantler, Quilfish, Dunsparce, Remoraid, Torkoal, Camerupt, Tropius, Mawile (unfortunately), Surskit... I believe that's all I can list. I'd say Drifloon, but that's probably cause he takes a shred of effort/patience to catch.

ever so slightly
Reaction score
Dunsparce is the overlord of pokémon!:spin:

Carnivine and porygon.

Reaction score
I think a lot of normal-types are underappreciated, which is weird because they only have one weakness and they learn a large variety of moves.

Charm up!
Reaction score
Wobbuffet?
Never. Wobbuffet is one of the most used Pokemon in Ubers. :p

Most of these Pokemon that people list aren't underappreciated... they stink. @[email protected];

xD

Except for Relicanth and Dunsparce. I don't see how either of them are under appreciated. >_>; Especially Dunsparce.

Paraflinch?

Reaction score
Milktank. Never used and she's pretty awesome. Tauros is just the same.

Addicted to the internet
Reaction score
Milotic. It is awesome, yet I've never seen one that didn't belong to an NPC

Reaction score
Even though I made this thread a while back and it got old...

Anywho, I don't think Plusle or Minun are really used by many people seeing as other people think of those two as "filler" pokemon only good for double battles.​

Last edited:
The Weirdest Tower Tycoon
Reaction score
Most of these Pokemon that people list aren't underappreciated... they stink. @[email protected];
Well then, let's change that.

I think Kecleon is very underappreciated. While he doesn't have the highest attack, he has a very respectable attack stat, amazing special defense, and a ridiculously huge move pool, Nasty Plot egg move making even special sets viable. Kecleon is a lot of fun to use. His ability is easily manipulated, but still pretty awesome.

the thoughtful Drifloon.
Reaction score
I would also like to see more of Carnivine, Gorebyss and Tropius. They are awesome pokemon which can battle very efficiently with the correct movesets etc, but i hardly ever see them.