• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Underappreciated Pokémon

Nobody has love for Wigglytuff or Clefable they're quite the tanks Wigglytuff having lotsa HP and Clefable having real high Special Defense

Problem is that they're both outclassed by Blissey who has high Sp. Def and stupid amounts of HP

Problem is that they're both outclassed by Blissey who has high Sp. Def and stupid amounts of HP

it doesn't need a rare item to evolve, either (though if you start out with a Happiny, it does... but even then, Oval Stones are much easier to come by).

i actually love shuckle, if only it had better attack stats, and alot of people appreciate slaking,or at least they would if it didn't have that crummy ability

Well, I could say a lot of Pokemon that needs more appreciation, but I think I will highlight some of them:

- Shuckle: Shuckle is a useful gimmick Pokemon who can create the ever-useful Rare Candies/Berry Juices, and in competitive battling, he is also really useful too. Why? Well, his high defences is one thing, and he somehow learns the right moves too. Some of them include Encore, Gastro Acid (especially for doubles), Acupressure (again, especially for doubles) and Knock Off.

- Pinsir: Pinsir is forgotten thanks to having more stronger and useful counterparts than him: Scyther (1st Gen) and Heracross. Scyther is faster and Heracross can take hits and has a Fighting-type to make his attacking efforts better, despite both Pinsir and Heracross' same attack and speed stats. But I like him anyway.

- Luvdisc: People who played Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald will identify as that Pokemon who can help them learn moves, thanks to always carrying a Heart Scale when caught, which you can barter for an old move a Pokemon could learn. However, it is still weak, so it is infamous as one of the weakest Pokemon in existence. However, there is hope for Luvdisc yet, since a Generation 5 Pokemon revealed could mean that she could finally have an evolution to make it cute by comparison.

- Clefairy/Clefable: This is a borderline case. Clefairy is, I think , the runner up mascot for Pokemon, but was missed, but there is a manga that has Clefairy as a main character at least. As for Clefable, she is one of the few Pokemon who has a lot of moves she could learn, and despite some people thinking that Blissey outclasses her, it's not always true. The reason is that Clefable has an ability called Magic Guard, which lets her do things that Blissey cannot do. Some of the notable moves that Clefable can learn which Blissey either doesn't learn or take advantage of are: Trick, Cosmic Power, Double Edge, elemental Punches, Meteor Mash, Encore and Belly Drum, and of course, the usage of Toxic Orb, Flame Orb and Life Orb. All in all, she is appreciated and under-appreciated at that same time, unlike the next one.

- Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff: Jigglypuff was a main character in the anime, but she was a love or hate character, but was popular nonetheless, but somehow, existed at the right time when Smash Bros. wasn't a big title and was popular in the anime, and so, became a Smash Bros. mainstay character. Well, about Wigglutuff, in competitive battling, she is outclassed by both Clefable and Blissey, and to tell you the truth, she doesn't have a lot of moves that make her stand out. The only ones notable are Perish Song and Hyper Voice. Despite her (Jigglypuff) main tactic in the anime, Sing is not her signature move, since even the Cleffas and the Chanseys learn them.

Another one: Typhlosion. It's got the same base stats as Charizard, but it's outclassed by a lot of other Fire types like Magmortar. But, it makes a good Choice Scarf lead with Eruption.

i never knew Typhlosion was underappreciated. D: both in Silver and SS, i picked Cyndaquil to have Typhlosion.

Paras and Shuckle. Shuckle is really helpful for Rare Candy collecters, and Paras and it's evo are really not that bad.

Snorlax and Absol want love.

Those would be two of my last guesses for underappreciated pokemon:lol:

I would say that mijumaru got loads of hate when those starters were first revealed, with its little '^' face. But then again, all the gen V got loads of hate when they were first revealed...

I would like to draw everyone's attention to poor little Qwilfish. Poor little guy, all he wants is love :[

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom