• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Underground Mine

Reaction score
We saw a mine featured in the trailer, and while it was just the player character travelling through the tunnel, let's discuss what features might be available in the mine.

I'm expecting:

Excavations like the Underground from DPPt
Secret Bases

Roark, Byron, and Steven Stone making cameo appearances.

to me it just looks like the early game cave that connects the bottom third of the map to the rest. part of me immediately thinks of Glittering Cave though, so having fossils in there seems likely as well.

I only hope theres more to do than just walk through and fight trainers.

But also since this is the UK, they need to reintroduce fossils somehow, and a mine is a place to do it.

I've just thought of something. An underground ride involving mine carts with loop-the-loops, sudden drops and high speed turns.

Not sure why it would be there. But hey, it can just be for fun! And up your Pokemon's happiness.

Also, it would be fitting to be wearing miner gear while exploring an actual mine.

I've just thought of something. An underground ride involving mine carts with loop-the-loops, sudden drops and high speed turns.

Not sure why it would be there. But hey, it can just be for fun! And up your Pokemon's happiness.

Also, it would be fitting to be wearing miner gear while exploring an actual mine.
I think this could work, specially since there's a certain cancelled JRPG that used them and it will be my way of indirectly playing that.

Okay new topic: since there will be an underground mine, I hope there will be more fossil pokemon.

What types of fossil pokemon are you guys hoping? The only element types left are:

Rock/Fire
Rock/Dark
Rock/Ghost
Rock/Normal...

So I'm hoping for Rock/Fire and Rock/Ghost.

There are other Rock type elements like Rock/Psychic that are used but not as fossils, so it's possible Game Freak may use such a combination.

I think this underground mine will be similar to XY's Glittering Cave in Kalos. It's where the fossils were found in XY, so I expect this mine to work similarly.

Gods I hope we get another underground like feature. I love that thing to pieces and I have probably spent more time in that than actually playing the story. lol

I loved being able to get some items through that little mini-game. It was hella relaxing and I could spend hours just wandering a beautiful cave environment on my switch, just hunting down evolution stones, fossils, and other things. MINING FUNDS MY NUZLOCKE. :p

Plus if we get secret/hidden bases again I would be thrilled to death. ESPECIALLY if the base's design has the same gem encrusted mine look I saw in the trailer. <3 Though I'd hope they'd take away that stupid rock blocking thing taking up space like in Sinnoh. That was such a pain. I'd also hope we have a few different base shapes. >-> And unlimited ability to decorate so I can just have a ton of plants and pokedolls without being prevented from having actual furniture. ...And the ability to put things on tables seriously wtf why was that not a thing in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?!

Gods I hope we get another underground like feature. I love that thing to pieces and I have probably spent more time in that than actually playing the story. lol

I loved being able to get some items through that little mini-game. It was hella relaxing and I could spend hours just wandering a beautiful cave environment on my switch, just hunting down evolution stones, fossils, and other things. MINING FUNDS MY NUZLOCKE. :p

Plus if we get secret/hidden bases again I would be thrilled to death. ESPECIALLY if the base's design has the same gem encrusted mine look I saw in the trailer. <3 Though I'd hope they'd take away that stupid rock blocking thing taking up space like in Sinnoh. That was such a pain. I'd also hope we have a few different base shapes. >-> And unlimited ability to decorate so I can just have a ton of plants and pokedolls without being prevented from having actual furniture. ...And the ability to put things on tables seriously wtf why was that not a thing in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?!

You and me both. If they use this mine for the purpose similar to the Underground in Gen IV, then I will be in love. I spent hours, maybe even days, mining for stuff down in the Underground, as it was just so much fun! And if they turn it into a Secret Base thing, too, then that'll be even more awesome. If they did that, I would probably spend hours upon hours in that cave. If they turn that mine into a mini-game hub like the Underground, then it would not only be a nice shout-out to DP, but also an incredibly fun activity to waste battery power on. I'm all for that.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom