• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Underrated Pokemon you like?

Hoothoot. I always found them to be really cool as you could only catch them at night in Pokemon Gold. I have a soft spot for it.

i love ludiculo ( Before magikarp of course) with he's party all night attitude \(*o*)/
and wrecks in rain

Linoone with pick up ability. How many pokes with pick up can also use Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, Surf, and Dig???? Makes an awesome field move slave..........good at getting you a ton of items.........nuff said >:)

I love Swampert. I feel he is in the shadow of Blaziken and Mudkip, but he will always be my favorite. I have so many good memories of pokemon Ruby, it was the first pokemon game I played that I really knew what was going on.

- Staraptor: Sure it may be just another one of those first route bird clones that come with every game, but in my opinion this is the most capable of them all. I EV trained one in full Attack/Speed and gave it the moves Brave bird, Close combat, U-turn and Return and it sweeps team after team that my best friends can come up with. Eventually we had to decide that I'm not allowed to use it against them because I was just so OP.

Ludicolo is where it's at! He is ready to party! He also makes a great rain Pokemon!

-Rain Dance
-Toxic
-Protct
-Gigadrain

Watch your enemies get hurt from the poison while you get healed from the rain! :D

Miltank? I had one in HeartGold that was really, really good. It could take hits and dish them out like a champ ^^

A bigger list:

Lapras: Another forgotten classic. But again he blends perfectly into the metagame.

Walrein: For some reason people don't take this thing seriously even though it has Sheer Cold.

Kingdra: It is way more powerful than any pseudo-legend. Outrage + Hydro Pump = Pain.

Plus Ninjask, Muk, Swalot, Glalie, Sableye, Drapion, Manectric, Armaldo, Magcargo, Camerupt, Cradily, Chimecho, Xatu, Primeape, Aggron, Omastar, Bronzong, and Whiscash. To name a few.

Before I discovered that there were Pokemon forums I always assumed Walrein and Lapras would be well liked Pokemon thanks to their great Defenses but apparently not. Everybody seems to hate Walrein and nobody ever uses Lapras. Walrein is a total boss of a Pokemon and it's saved me on numerous occasions. Also love Kingdra, Muk, Glalie, Sableye, Drapion, Armaldo, Camerupt, Primeape, and Omastar. Camerupt is the fire/ground counterpart to the water/ice Walrein (or at least in my opnion), and Primeape rules. Like almost all fighting types, Primeape is overlooked a great deal yet can pack quite a punch. It's got a great design that's much more interesting than the lizard like Machop line. Maybe it's just my fondness for Baboons, walruses, dinosaurs, camels, and fossils but these are Pokemon I always use. Also Drapion is fantastic. It has only one weakness and a terrific movepool.

There's very few Pokemon I really dislike. The only times I dislike a pokemon are when I don't find their design appealing or they just have such terrible stats/movepools that they are pretty much unusable, which doesn't happen very often at all.

Even if a Pokemon has sub-par stats, I'll find a way to make it work if I like it enough. One of my main pokemon on my Pokemon Y team was Linoone, and even though Linoone has only average stats, he was still a good addition to my team. I'll probably lose masculinity points for this, but I also have a soft spot for cute/adorable Pokemon. xD

So, to name drop a few, some of the unpopular Pokemon that I love anyways are Linoone, Furret, Dunsparce, Purugly (Purugly isn't ugly, she's just big-boned!), Trubbish...

I could go on forever, but I'll just stop there for now. I don't understand why everybody hates Trubbish... look at that face! It's so adorable! If it didn't knock people out cold with their breath I give one a hug if I could. :p

Leafeon! One of my favorite Pokemon! Overshadowed by the other Eevee-volutions but he has his niche he can fill. Great attack and decent speed. Also, Lilligant.

A lot of my favorite Pokemon, I think, would fall into the 'underrated' category.
Roserade, Hitmontop, Kingdra, Bisharp, Cacturne, Jellicent, Alakazam, Scolipede, to name a few. I rarely see any of them mentioned or online. Roserade especially is my favorite! It got a boost to its stats this gen, which made me happy. I always use Rose in my team.

In a casual conversation with a kid whose the son of a friend if the family he mentioned his favorite Pokemon was Raichu. He's only 8 and doesn't care much for the mind blowing math of competitive battling, he just likes it cause its Pikachus evolved form and would like to see what the show was like if Pikachu evolved. Didn't have the heart to tell him Pikachu refuses Thunderstones (you old timers know what I'm referring to).

Anyway, I set about breeding a semi-competitive, anime-based Raichu. I bred and trained it to be a physical attacker with Volt Tackle, but also threw in Protect, Encore and Volt Switch. I tried it out in the Battle Mansion and the rat actually did really good. I didn't have its hidden ability, but Static seemed to work half the time anyway.

Going to trade it next time I see him. Named it Thor cause this thing brings the hammer down. lol

Sceptile. It has some fans, sure. But it seems like it falls by the wayside compared to its counterparts, especially Blaziken. Sceptile is Rarelyused, after all. (Or so say'eth Smogon)

One I like that is apparently RU is Weavile. I don't know where you've been, but my Weavile WRECKS. HOUSE. Seriously, I once set up with one Swords Dance and swept a guys whole team.

I really like Lilligant. It's not underrated competitively, for it's tier ranking is totally deserved, but design wise I think it trumps all other flower Pokémon. It's simply, elegant and pretty. Now I need Lilligant themed siggys and avys...

Skuntank (i like skunks & only one weakness), Glalie (it's a scary face, 'nuff said), Bastiodon (a real wall especially after an Iron Defense or two), Lombre (nature power, rain dish+rain dance), to name a few.

I like Delibird. I think it's very overhated. It has awful stats, but I don't care too much about that. I do like battling online competetively (Somewhat) but I still like Delibird because it's cute in some odd way.

*Insert hater's gonna hate meme here*
^
That wasn't clever at all, sorry XP

armaldo, tangrowth, magmar, and kecleon

all of them are kind of bad except for tangrowth but i like them anyway

Probobly Zangoose and umbreon because there not used much but are very versatile to any playstile oops almost forgot magmortar the first confution master

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom