• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Underused Pokémon in the anime

Kadabra's exile might be because of the lawsuit over it, but I'm not certain.

Focusing on individual Pokémon, Ash's Glalie got bad luck. Snorunt came in very late, evolved quickly, did very well in the league, then got boxed along with Torkoal for the Frontier despite being Ash's Hoenn Pokémon that most needed screen time (and Torkoal was second place for that, oddly).

Glalie later returns to do absolutely nothing for the Sinnoh League.

The Fossil Pokemon could do with more screen time
I kind of wish one of the main characters caught a fossil Pokémon--they could do a really interesting arc about it.

I suppose they could also do that with the gen 8 fossils if they're willing to acknowledge the horror of their existence.

Porygon and its evos by default. Also I don't even remember the last time that a Dunsparce appeared. They almost always just get cameos but never an episode about themselves outside of that one Johto filler.

The last time we saw a Dunsparce was in the 'Ash and Serena's 1st date!!!!' episode I think.

And I agree that some fossil Pokemon not named Aerodactyl need some more screentime. Lileep was robbed.

I kind of wish one of the main characters caught a fossil Pokémon--they could do a really interesting arc about it.
Somewhat of an aside, but it always bugged me that Brock never got a Fossil Pokémon since the Pewter city museum had the fossils of Aerodactyl and Kabutops. :unsure:

Then again, I'm the type of weird person that didn't like Brock/Misty getting non Rock and Water type Pokémon respectively. :p

It shared types with two highly more marketable Pokemon. There was no incentive to do more with it.
Then why give him a Palpitoad at all? If they're going to put a Pokémon in Ash's rotation, then shouldn't it appear in more than nine total episodes?

Wasn't expecting my post from earlier to get so many likes. I know I've been kind of annoying in my posts with me wanting to see Grookey and Sobble, but I really do want to see them in the anime and I know others do too. It's taken way too long in my opinion. Hopefully sooner than later they'll appear and if one appears much later than the other (namely, Sobble after Grookey because Sobble is my favorite of the Galar starters), I'll be even more upset and annoyed.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom