• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Underused Pokémon in the anime

That wouldn't make considering that Ash has a new team and plenty of reserves to choose from. Sure, it could get a battle, but it would hardly be worth the wait.
Him participating with only his new team in the World Championships no less, will become redundant and boring pretty quickly. We can already see this in effect to a lesser extent with Pikachu being used against Meganium instead of some other Mon. I hope his path to the Top 8/Master Class is lengthy because that would mean that he has to battle more often and even drop in rankings every now and then due to losses or displacement, which is more than enough justification to rotate reserves and give them some battles. Not to mention that his battling style will become predictable to both us viewers as well as any opponent who researches about him if he sticks with just the same team. By switching in reserves every now and then, each battle or scenario can feel unique. That's why the Sinnoh League felt special.

Last edited:
I'm hoping they did that as a setup for it to battle as Incineroar in the next series.

I saw it more as subverting the whole evolving to defeat a Pokemon's evolved form trope. Torracat evolved as a result of defeating Incineroar rather than having to do so in order to defeat its rival. That being said, it would be pretty neat if they wanted to setup Incineroar as a reserve for this series. I don't think it would get to battle that often as a reserve, but maybe they could use it to showcase some Z-Moves, especially when Ash didn't get an Incinium Z Crystal before leaving Alola.

That wouldn't make considering that Ash has a new team and plenty of reserves to choose from. Sure, it could get a battle, but it would hardly be worth the wait.

I don't see a reason to discount it unless it's seen as competing with Charizard as a returning Fire-type. As far as not being worth the wait goes I think most disagree with that.

I saw it more as subverting the whole evolving to defeat a Pokemon's evolved form trope. Torracat evolved as a result of defeating Incineroar rather than having to do so in order to defeat its rival. That being said, it would be pretty neat if they wanted to setup Incineroar as a reserve for this series. I don't think it would get to battle that often as a reserve, but maybe they could use it to showcase some Z-Moves, especially when Ash didn't get an Incinium Z Crystal before leaving Alola.

Yeah, I don't see it coming back full time. I'd be fine with a battle or two.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom