• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Undone type combinations

Dark/bug (I don't think one exists...). It could be a mosquito or something everyone hates.

Mentioned above, fire/poison. I actually made one up based off a literal fire-bellied toad.

Ice/steel. If some of these ideas exist, I'm just really drawing a blank. Forgive me. This could be a white wolf or something cool like that.

Bug/psychic. 2 of my favorite types.

More combos with normal. Idk why, I like stuff like helioptile and giraffarig treating normal as another type rather than a generic lack-of-type sort of deal. If only normal had more benefits to make this worthwhile...

I could go on, but there are a lot.

I can see a dragon/bug evolution to Yanmega
dark/normal evolution to Persian
dragon/normal evolution to dunsparce

poison/electric can be an eel or an electric psychodelic jellifish

I posted this in a blog a few weeks ago about what I'd like to see in future generations:
As of Gen 6 these type combinations have yet to be used by more than two Pokémon lines. This includes Legendaries, Mega Evolutions, and the multiple forms of a Pokémon, but not the PokéStar Studios opponents. The ones in bold have yet to be used at all:
  • Bug (12, 6) - Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Ghost, Ground, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Water
  • Dark (15, 4) - Bug, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Steel
  • Dragon (15, 3) - Bug, Dark, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Ghost, Grass, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Steel, Water
  • Electric (16, 5) - Bug, Dark, Dragon, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Steel, Water
  • Fairy (16, 8) - Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Steel, Water
  • Fighting (14, 6) - Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Ice, Normal, Poison, Rock, Steel, Water
  • Fire (14, 4) - Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Poison, Rock, Steel, Water
  • Flying (8, 0) - Fairy, Fighting, Ghost, Ground, Ice, Poison, Rock, Steel
  • Ghost (17, 4)- Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Steel, Water
  • Grass (13, 1) - Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fire, Ghost, Ground, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel, Water
  • Ground (14, 2) - Bug, Dark, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Steel
  • Ice (16, 7) - Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Steel
  • Normal (15, 8) - Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fighting, Fire, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Steel, Water
  • Poison (14, 8) - Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel
  • Psychic (13, 3) - Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Poison, Rock, Water
  • Rock (14, 4) - Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic
  • Steel (15, 3) - Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Poison, Water
  • Water (12, 0) - Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Ghost, Grass, Normal, Psychic, Steel

Fairy coming in with the most amount of unused combinations (8) is expected since it's only been around for one generation. Normal and Poison having the same amount though, come on.

I've wanted an Electric/Fighting-type for a long time. It'd be murdered by even a wimpy Mud Slap, but I just think it'd be neat. The electricity in its body could stimulate the Pokémon's muscles to produce incredibly fast punches or kicks. A Kangaroo-based Pokémon maybe?
I'd really like for all of these unused type combinations to be used, but I really want that Electric/Fightning-type.

Ghost/Fighting. It would hit everything but a Ghost/Normal for at least neutral STAB damage.

Whenever people suggest Grass/Fire I always end up thinking of that Firegrass card from early Yu-Gi-Oh. It was one of the cards I remember having as a kid.

It's definitely one of the more interesting combinations that I'd like to see be done, but I have no idea what. I do know that I'm not bothered for a chili/pepper inspiration for it though. Seems too obvious.

Normal/Ghost would also be neat, being the only type combo immune to both its types.

Carnivine evolution would make a good physical grass/fire.
Sunflora evolution with a mega to boost the stats can work too. But it will be special attacker

We have Mega Altaria as Dragon/Fairy. Dragon/Fighting, Rock/Electric and Dragon/Bug are some types that could happen.
Altaria fairy is just a mega. I would like an entire line that's dragon/fairy, dragon/electric and dragon/grass.

Sunflora evolution with a mega to boost the stats can work too. But it will be special attacker

Altaria fairy is just a mega. I would like an entire line that's dragon/fairy, dragon/electric and dragon/grass.

We have Zekrom and Mega Ampharos for Dragon/Electric. Mega Sceptile is a Grass/Dragon. This thread is about undone type combinations.

I'd love to see Grass/Fire Mega Lilligant. I was thinking something like this:

M-Lilligant(Grass/Fire)
@Drought

Now gets access to fiery dance.

I would love it.

Also Electirc/Dark Mega Luxray

M-Luxray(Electric/Dark)
@Strong Jaw

I'd be very happy then ^^

Edit: Also maybe a Fire/Fighting starter, since we've never seen that before.

Last edited:

fire/grass, there can be some old done as megas , a regular new line, even as a legendary is possible. Yes I know exactly what you have on mind, many of us want the same.

Dark/bug (I don't think one exists...). It could be a mosquito or something everyone hates.

Mentioned above, fire/poison. I actually made one up based off a literal fire-bellied toad.

Ice/steel. If some of these ideas exist, I'm just really drawing a blank. Forgive me. This could be a white wolf or something cool like that.

Bug/psychic. 2 of my favorite types.

More combos with normal. Idk why, I like stuff like helioptile and giraffarig treating normal as another type rather than a generic lack-of-type sort of deal. If only normal had more benefits to make this worthwhile...

I could go on, but there are a lot.
Ice/steel the Yak?
Bug/psychic like in Starship Troopers?

-what about fairy/ground dwarf mixed with groundhog with a hammer or Pickaxe ? (wood hammer and other moves come in mind)

Kricketune line looks like a potential mega candidate for bug/fairy in my opinion.
It looks so fairy to me that it should get some fairy moves.

A Dragon/Fighting would be cool. Maybe a Dragon/Bug and Dragon/Normal too.

Here are a few type combinations I want that I'm pretty sure haven't been used yet (though I may be wrong)
Fire/Poison < I really want this one to be made. I'm thinking maybe some sort of Gila Monster-like Pokemon.
Ice/Normal
Ice/Fighting
Fighting/Dragon
Fire/Grass

I can get two new Poison combos just from a potential Mega Garbodor alone. Poison/Steel would involve a trash can, while Poison/Fire could - literally - be a dumpster fire.

Some like Bug/Dark make you wonder how we're 20 years into the franchise and don't have it yet.

I need Ghost/Fairy more than air. It would probably be one of my favorites on type alone. I hope when we do get one, it's not a legendary.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom