• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Undone type combinations

Some like Bug/Dark make you wonder how we're 20 years into the franchise and don't have it yet.
maybe a strategy by release to not give to much hype ad once. If 6 gen are coming.

I can get two new Poison combos just from a potential Mega Garbodor alone. Poison/Steel would involve a trash can, while Poison/Fire could - literally - be a dumpster fire.
Quicksilver?

How many undone new type combos where made in past gen?(let's count)

Poison/Fire I would probably tap into the notion of toxic smoke, car exhausts and stuff like that. Have a pokemon that's breathing fire but a fire that billows into deadly black smoke. Think the hideous crossbreed of Torkoal and Weezing.

Electric/Poison? Seems to me there's a much more obvious (and better) angle to play than battery acid (though one the Japanese may be slightly reluctant to play with given Hiroshima and Fukushima) - Radiation. It doesn't need to be outright nuclear stuff - just think "Cell phones give you cancer"/"Power lines give you cancer"/"Radio towers give you cancer"/"Magnetic fields give you cancer". and all that sort of thinking.

Giving cancer (and, toned down, just making people sick) is textbook poison. Being a magnetic field/emiting electric waves is pretty much electricity. Bam, electric/poison.

For fire/poison I made up one once. It was a literal take on a fire-bellied toad, so it was kinda silly but also kinda cool.

I could see poison/electric being one of those Pokemon that is based on a sea creature that isn't part water. Maybe an anemone or some other kind of cnidarian.

All I want is an Electric/Dragon-type. Zekrom exists, which I love, but it's not quite what I want. I'm thinking more along the lines of something that would be a pseuedo-legendary rather than a box legend. I know Mega Ampharos also exists, but... yeah, still not quite there.

Before XY released, it was rumored that Helioptile would evolve into one, and although I do like Heliolisk, I'm still disappointed it doesn't evolve into a dragon. :(

Especially when Luxray fits that type combination pretty well. Maybe it'll get it in a Mega Evolution.

We can only pray... :cry::cry::cry:

Megaray with Electric/Dark typing and a color scheme that combines the darkness of its regular coloring (Dark-type) and its shiny Gold coloring (Electric-type). I saw a fanmade drawing once of a (Greek) Sphinx-inspired Megaray with the black and gold coloring and golden wings. It was amazing, though it kind of channeled Raikou a bit.

Also, I'd love all type combinations used tbh

I really don't understand why a Dark/Electric doesn't exist yet. Dark has been used with every elemental type, and every type besides Normal, Bug, Fairy.

Ghost/Rock is also something that should be done with soon. We have haunted candles, swords, coffins, dolls, lawn motors, and suits of armor.

There are some combinations that don't seem feasible, such as Psychic/Poison and Fire/Ice.
There is a Gollet and Golurk.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom