• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Undone type combinations

Is there any Ghost/Steel type pokemon? If not I'd be interested to see what one could be like.

Honedge line.

Hmmm
Fighting fairy?
Water/bug?
Bug/ghost (even though there is Shedinja but I don't like the design) - Ghost dog with 3-4 some stinky flies flying around him.
Water/Bug is Surskit, but I'd like to see another one too
Same for Bug/Ground

Furthermore, I'd like to see Pokémon with the following type combinations:
Rock/Poison
Fire/Electric (Rotom don't count)
Psychic/Electric
Fight/Steel
Ground/Fairy

With the broken battery idea, you're making a pokemon based off of a broken battery. It would typify worse than obsoleteness, it would typify decrepitude. It wouldn't make sense as an enduring pokemon: why would such an unnatural chemical hazard be allowed to persist, or be carried around by a ten-year old kid? As well, if it is an old battery characterized by the hazard it presents, there's no logical reason that the hazardous object wouldn't be disposed of, or else itself or whatever the source of the hazard be contained, or whatever the source of the hazard be removed. If it was decided that this pokemon's acid couldn't be removed, because, say, "this battery pokemon has powerful acid in it like many animals do in their stomach," then it would be the case that the process of restoring the pokemon's health would indeed return it to health, and likely make it a pokemon that no longer spews acid. No one is going to replenish the acid an acid-spewing battery spews save in the process of repairing it. If such a pokemon existed with such a form as its finalized and settled state, it'd be a pokemon perpetually wounded. Its pre-evolution would have more function than it.

So basically you're just being close minded. Almost all these suppositions you've made don't have to be applied to the persons idea at all.

Edit:

Watch this

Game 1 Pokedex

This pokemon leaves corroded metal, and acid wherever it goes. It consumes certain types of metal to regenerate acid when it runs out.

Game 2 Pokedex

This pokemon has two pouches that it stores acid in, using chemical reactions between these two pouches it can create electricity.

Last edited:
Water/Bug is Surskit, but I'd like to see another one too

Water/bug?

Surskit is Bug/Water, but we don't have a FE one.

Completely forgot Surskit. But probably cause I'm not into it's design. ^_^ I'm a visual type. Even though I liked how they used Surskit in the anime.

One more suggestion Dragon/Bug or Fairy/Bug. Maybe even in one poke that can go both ways in it's evolution depending where it evolves Dragon dent or Fairy land ;-)

You know what guys, let's make a list of the types that haven't been done so everyone's on the same page (this doesn't include reversed type combos, in other words, I'm counting Normal/Fire and Fire/Normal as the same thing):

Normal/Rock
Normal/Ice
Normal/Steel
Normal/Ghost
Normal/Dark
Normal/Bug
Normal/Poison
Normal/Dragon
Grass/Fire
Fire/Ice
Fire/Poison
Fire/Fairy
Electric/Rock
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Psychic
Electric/Dark
Electric/Poison
Rock/Ghost
Rock/Poison
Ground/Fighting
Ground/Fairy
Ice/Steel
Ice/Fighting
Ice/Bug
Ice/Poison
Ice/Fairy
Fighting/Ghost
Fighting/Dragon
Fighting/Fairy
Psychic/Bug
Psychic/Poison
Ghost/Fairy
Dark/Bug
Dark/Fairy
Bug/Dragon
Bug/Fairy
Poison/Fairy

My idea for a Dragon/Fighting type would be something with Mega Launcher, so Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere get boosted, and Ground/Fighting could be Mega Marowak.
As for Fire/Ice: A birthday cake. *audience boos*

My idea for a Dragon/Fighting type would be something with Mega Launcher, so Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere get boosted, and Ground/Fighting could be Mega Marowak.
As for Fire/Ice: A birthday cake. *audience boos*

I think Mega Marowak would be better as Ground/Ghost.

I like the birthday cake idea though.

I'd like to see an Ice-Dark Snow Leopard, just to get a really fast physical ice poke.
Weavile is all these things but a leopard. He's competent, too.

Completely forgot about that line. Well a leopard would still be cool.

Another thing, a Rock/Ghost pokemon could be really cool. I'm thinking of it as a bunch of rocks, but possesed (This looks like it's not spelled right) and held together by a ghostly spirit.

You know what guys, let's make a list of the types that haven't been done so everyone's on the same page (this doesn't include reversed type combos, in other words, I'm counting Normal/Fire and Fire/Normal as the same thing):

Normal/Rock
Normal/Ice
Normal/Steel
Normal/Ghost
Normal/Dark
Normal/Bug
Normal/Poison
Normal/Dragon
Grass/Fire
Fire/Ice
Fire/Poison
Fire/Fairy
Electric/Rock
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Psychic
Electric/Dark
Electric/Poison
Rock/Ghost
Rock/Poison
Ground/Fighting
Ground/Fairy
Ice/Steel
Ice/Fighting
Ice/Bug
Ice/Poison
Ice/Fairy
Fighting/Ghost
Fighting/Dragon
Fighting/Fairy
Psychic/Bug
Psychic/Poison
Ghost/Fairy
Dark/Bug
Dark/Fairy
Bug/Dragon
Bug/Fairy
Poison/Fairy

Ok, that's extremely useful! Thanks. I'd actually like to see every typing eventually used, so I'm just going to say... all of these. And Electric/Dark for Mega Luxray, please.

Normal/Rock
Normal/Ice
Normal/Steel
Normal/Ghost
Normal/Dark
Normal/Bug
Normal/Poison
Normal/Dragon
Grass/Fire
Fire/Ice
Fire/Poison
Fire/Fairy
Electric/Rock
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Psychic
Electric/Dark
Electric/Poison
Rock/Ghost
Rock/Poison
Ground/Fighting
Ground/Fairy
Ice/Steel
Ice/Fighting
Ice/Bug
Ice/Poison
Ice/Fairy
Fighting/Ghost
Fighting/Dragon
Fighting/Fairy
Psychic/Bug
Psychic/Poison
Ghost/Fairy
Dark/Bug
Dark/Fairy
Bug/Dragon
Bug/Fairy
Poison/Fairy

Ok, that's extremely useful! Thanks. I'd actually like to see every typing eventually used, so I'm just going to say... all of these. And Electric/Dark for Mega Luxray, please.

Game Freak's probably going to space them out over the course of several generations (like, at least 3-5), having a new type combination is exciting and if they exhaust them too quickly people will become less interested in the new Pokemon.

Another thing, a Rock/Ghost pokemon could be really cool. I'm thinking of it as a bunch of rocks, but possesed (This looks like it's not spelled right) and held together by a ghostly spirit.

That might be a bit too close to Regirock.

I thought it could be something similar to Regirock, but a bit more ghostly. Something like a fusion of Regirock and Spiritomb (If someone could draw that ermahgurd)

That might be a bit too close to Regirock.

I thought it could be something similar to Regirock, but a bit more ghostly. Something like a fusion of Regirock and Spiritomb (If someone could draw that ermahgurd)

It got me thinking Mega Spiritomb, I imagine it'd be a pretty scary looking monster...Spiritomb is already in concept one of the creepier ones too.

I think Mega Marowak would be better as Ground/Ghost.

Not technically a mega evo but I did a Ground/Ghost form change for Marowak a long time ago.

Fire/Ice: A thermometer or a living form of frostbite since it produces a burning sensation.

Fighting/Dragon: A humanoid dragon that personifies Chinese martial arts.

Electric/Poison: A battery leaking acid. Or it could be the Mongolian Death Worm a cryptid said to spew acid and discharge electricity to kill prey and defend itself.

Fighting/Fairy: A magical girl warrior. Fights with magic powered martial arts. Would be nice to see a fighting type that is dominantly female for a change.

Dark/Fairy: An older version of mythological fairies who were known to be cruel and deceptive towards humans. Or it could be a magical being corrupted and twisted like a pokemon version of Maleficent.

Dark/Bug: A cockroach or other insect that likes dark places. Or a literal interpretation of a robber fly.

Fire/Poison: Fire and brimstone incarnate or a fire type that covers it's prey in combustible liquids then ignites them.

Ground/Fighting: A clay soldier like those found in the Terracotta Army.

Normal/Rock
Normal/Ice
Normal/Steel
Normal/Ghost
Normal/Dark
Normal/Bug
Normal/Poison
Normal/Dragon
Grass/Fire
Fire/Ice
Fire/Poison
Fire/Fairy
Electric/Rock
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Psychic
Electric/Dark
Electric/Poison
Rock/Ghost
Rock/Poison
Ground/Fighting
Ground/Fairy
Ice/Steel
Ice/Fighting
Ice/Bug
Ice/Poison
Ice/Fairy
Fighting/Ghost
Fighting/Dragon
Fighting/Fairy
Psychic/Bug
Psychic/Poison
Ghost/Fairy
Dark/Bug
Dark/Fairy
Bug/Dragon
Bug/Fairy
Poison/Fairy

Game Freak's probably going to space them out over the course of several generations (like, at least 3-5), having a new type combination is exciting and if they exhaust them too quickly people will become less interested in the new Pokemon.

Obviously lol It'd be pretty unrealistic to expect all of these type combo's in gen. 7

But as long as every single type combination is used on at least one FE, non-legendary Pokémon, I'm fine with it taking a while.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom