• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Undone type combinations

Not technically a mega evo but I did a Ground/Ghost form change for Marowak a long time ago.

That's a little more... serpentine than I imagined. I'm thinking maybe when it Mega Evolves it channels the spirit of its dead mother.

I think part of the particular look is because it's moving and not especially solid, I'm wouldn't really consider myself to be a very good maker of fakemons at any rate.

I don't tend to believe that every single cubone literally lost its mother cause I read the original pokedex entries for cubone as being about that particular one Fuji was caring for. But I suppose the way gamefreak recycles all of its pokedex entries even when it doesn't make sense a mega-marwak would be somehow themed off its "dead mother"

Ground/Fairy: a gnome or a goblin.

Psychic/Electric: Could be a pokemon like Victini discharging large amounts of electricity or being an electrokinetic. Alternatively a pokemon that affects its opponent's mind by altering electrical activity in the brain.

Ice/Fighting: I made a concept of one of these in the ideas for new pokemon thread. In short it's like a ice version of Lucario but as a wolf with frozen claws and an aura of cold air. Inuit mythology has a wolf like deity which was the inspiration.

Poison/Fairy: A magical being that specializes in making potions. Could be benevolent or it could be a pokemon version of that wicked witch who gave Snow White the poisoned apple.

Grass/Fire: A chilli pepper is a popular idea but another one could be a jack o lantern but unlike Gourgeist it can spit fire from its mouth.

Bug/Dragon: Besides the obvious dragonfly/Mega Yanmega/Mega Flygon it could be what happens when wyrm and worm are mixed together. Sort of like a serpent with a hard exoskeleton and other insect like traits.

Not technically a mega evo but I did a Ground/Ghost form change for Marowak a long time ago.

That's a little more... serpentine than I imagined. I'm thinking maybe when it Mega Evolves it channels the spirit of its dead mother.

I think part of the particular look is because it's moving and not especially solid, I'm wouldn't really consider myself to be a very good maker of fakemons at any rate.

I don't tend to believe that every single cubone literally lost its mother cause I read the original pokedex entries for cubone as being about that particular one Fuji was caring for. But I suppose the way gamefreak recycles all of its pokedex entries even when it doesn't make sense a mega-marwak would be somehow themed off its "dead mother"

I've always believed that all the Cubone entries are about Fuji's Cubone as well. Because we can breed Cubone and Marowak with no consequences for the mother. And it really does make no sense to keep saying that.

And yeah, any Mega Marowak should be fully centered around the Kanto Marowak ghost and be Ground/Ghost.

I'm a fan of the idea of oxymoronic types-two types that are usually opposed to

Poison/Steel-This type would terrify the fairies something fierce. I know they'd do a mercury based Pokemon, but in what form? Maybe it could be a temperature themed Pokemon that gets a boost if hit by a Fire or Ice type move

Normal/Ghost-This would be interesting in concept. The best bet is Schroedinger's cat. It can have an immunity to Dark type moves. Why? Well, Schroedinger's cat works when you can't see what's happening in the box

Grass/Fire-Obviously, not a starter. I imagine a scarecrow with a pumpkin head

Fire/Ice-Along with Rock/Ice, a comet Pokemon. Comets have extremely elliptical orbits. They're made of ice and come from cold, distant space, yet reach very near the nuclear inferno of the sun. Then again, Rock/Ice with Flare Boost or Flash Fire would fill that role. Never mind. I imagine a two-headed serpent alien. Why that? It refers to Mercury, who's counterpart Hermes uses this and Mercury the planet can be either extremely hot or extremely cold depending on which side faces the sun

Normal/Ghost-This would be interesting in concept. The best bet is Schroedinger's cat. It can have an immunity to Dark type moves. Why? Well, Schroedinger's cat works when you can't see what's happening in the box

The problem with that is that with a Dark immunity Normal/Ghost has no weaknesses. So if they wanted to do that they'd have to nerf it somehow to compensate.

The problem with that is that with a Dark immunity Normal/Ghost has no weaknesses. So if they wanted to do that they'd have to nerf it somehow to compensate.
Supposedly one competitive design behind the new Fairy type is that it allows no type combination to simply be without weaknesses: that doesn't contradict a pokemon like Eelektross (whose existence contradicts the suggestion that this would have to be a problem), who is a pokemon whose type+ability combination leaves no natural weaknesses.

The most absurd hackmon I've seen anyway is a Shedinja with Sturdy (you can youtube video of it, I may link to it later). I don't know how Delta Stream fully works currently, and it could change between intragenerational games (XY --> ORAS) and generations, but who knows, maybe Tornadus with Wonder Guard while Strong Wind is active is the ultimate hackmon: but that pokemon at the very least would have to work in a very specific context, as it'd always require a Delta Stream-possessor in play. If it was a partner of Tornadus who was relied upon to bring the gust, it could (hopefully) be fainted; if the opponent's pokemon brought the gust, setup could maybe be hard to stop.

Then again, this is all conjecture that may very well be very wrong as I acknowledge: I don't know if Strong Winds actually remove weaknesses--the other weathers only modify the damage output of certain type attacks, and Strong Winds might only do that on a more selctive basis.

~

That said, I wonder if there is a type combination that has no resistances and immunities. I would love to see an "ultimate Inverse Battle pokemon" that possessed this typing, and maybe even (or even maybe especially!) a pokemon of this typing with Wonder Guard!

Last edited:
Hoopa confirmed to be Psychic/Ghost? The first Pokemon to naturally have double weakness to Ghost and Dark attacks.

The most absurd hackmon I've seen anyway is a Shedinja with Sturdy...
Which can be legitimately set up in double/triple battles (Carbink can Skill Swap it onto Shedinja if someone else takes out Wonder Guard first), but that at least gives you some time to kill Shedinja first.

Then again, this is all conjecture that may very well be very wrong as I acknowledge: I don't know if Strong Winds actually remove weaknesses--the other weathers only modify the damage output of certain type attacks, and Strong Winds might only do that on a more selctive basis.
If it works like Roost, then it actually does remove the weakness (i.e. super effective message no longer appears) and not just modify damage. Or, of course, it could work like Tinted Lens instead (which modifies damage, resistance message still appears).

Why would they have to nerf it? You are aware we currently have something with no weaknesses that doesn't need nerfing, right?
250px-604Eelektross.png

And that's before even mentioning that its stats could be absolutely horrible - on Spinda level - if they really do consider it too overpowerful (which it wouldn't be).

Most Normal/X combinations can be covered with early rodents/felines like Bibarel, Diggersby or Pyroar.
Normal/Dragon could be the Original Dragon gen V lore still owes us (and likely it won't be ever released ._.)
Fairy combinations are easy too, just... an elemental fairy.

Grass/Fire could be... A chilli Pokémon!
Fire/Ice is a hard one, but maybe a Pokémon around the concept of aurora borealis could work.

Rock/Poison and Steel/Poison can work around the concept of radioactivity.
Electric/Poison can be just an eel (Eelektross actually gets a couple of Poison moves)

Also, Rotom forms combinations are all exclusive except Electric/Water and Electric/Flying. I'd like more pokémon with the other combos. (STAB BoltBeam!)

Last edited:
"Unused" would probably be a better word than "undone" here.

Type combinations I want to see:

• Fire/Grass: Maybe a tropical fire flower Pokemon.
  • Dark/Fairy: Some sort of elegant dark fairy queen Pokemon. Maybe an anti-Gardevoir. Or it could be a master trickster that puts Pokemon like Whimsicott to shame.
  • Fire/Poison: They had that combo in Maplestory, I guess. But seriously, a smoke creature would be pretty neat.
  • Dragon/Fairy: Could be a faerie dragon. Or a luck dragon.
  • Normal/Dragon: A combo of the most mundane type and most fantastic type. I wonder what they would come up with.
  • Bug/Dark: How do we not have this combo yet? Could be some kind of bug ninja... Wait.
  • Steel/Poison: Because the aforementioned mercury-based Pokemon sounds like a cool idea.

We have Mega Altaria as Dragon/Fairy. Dragon/Fighting, Rock/Electric and Dragon/Bug are some types that could happen.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom