• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unexpected

Casual Cnidarian

Reaction score
Do you feel that Sableye is an underappreciated pokémon? What other pokémon do you feel are underappreciated? Please don't say Magikarp, there is already another thread for that! :drool:

I think that most of the underappreciated pokémon are the ones that only get a few minutes of airtime; or the ones that some people don't have any patience with...

Last edited:
I wonder if people underestimate Starly, since it's a common Pokemon. The little guy rocks, especially after becoming Staraptor. I keep one of those on my A-team.

Can you go into some detail about WHY you feel they're unappreciated? Just saying their name is kinda spammy.

Most of the Hoenn and Shinnoh Pokemon, especially from ancient RBYGSC fans who are still around. They can't see how wonderful they are! They're always going "arr theres only 151/251/theres too many baldhjha", when they forget that there is over a million different species of animals. Why not 493 Pokemon?

I can't name any specific examples right now...but I'd say a lot of the underappreciated Pokemon are from Hoenn and Shinnoh.

The Shinx Family. They look cool and they're pretty strong but I don't see many fans of them....

Smeargle, I suppose... I used to love that any-attack ability in Gen. II, especially with my special system of teaching it exactly what it needed. Tho I guess the stats made it under appreciated.

^ I love to use SMeargle

I gonna go with..... Shuckle, took it to the E-4 once

I've got to say zigzagoon as I love 'em, but I think like most peoples early catches they end up in boxes after they catch something better.
Definitely my favourite from all the early in game pokemon, out of all four generations.
I went through sapphire for a laugh once, with just a zigzagoon/linoone to battle with and it did get the job done.

Can you go into some detail about WHY you feel they're unappreciated? Just saying their name is kinda spammy.

linoone because he can belly drum and activate a salac berry at the same time. Just do it on a switch and sweep away with it. Still it's in NU.

I also feel Slaking is unappreciated. One skill swap and he'll rape others. Of course that's in double battles only. And I also don't get why medicham, slaking and regigigas are in NU.

I wonder if people underestimate Starly, since it's a common Pokemon. The little guy rocks, especially after becoming Staraptor. I keep one of those on my A-team.

this. FEAR = ownage (on unprepaired noobs)

And I also don't get why medicham, slaking and regigigas are in NU.

IDK why for medicham, but for regigias and slaking, it's because tiers are made for singles battles. you could have a whole new tier list for doubles.

Lumineon...

NU category, and I used one in-game, at least. though I suppose it wasn't nearly as good as Milotic, it still is pretty. >w<

Cherrim as well. they rock in double battles, and I know a guy had Substitute/Solarbeam/Sunny Day on his Cherrim and it did pretty well even in single-Pokemon battles.

Sableye,Claydol,Lumineon,Pelipper,Spiritomb,Ditto,Medicham

About battling I don't know because I'm not a competitive battler.
Apart from the legendaries,I like the more modest Pokémon.

I think Glalie is most underestimated. I swept the Emerald elite four about 4-5 times with him alone.
I also think Ludicolo is unappreciated - he was my frontline battler at the Battle Frontier and swept a lot of teams alone.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom