• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unfair school rules

Only one problem with internet blocking in my college. I am doing a computing course and our class gets access to every microsoft software and some of the sites that are blocked we actually need to do our work. Someone once hacked the server and bypassed the security policy. He must have had not much of a life to figure this out.

He noticed that the flashing light of the LED beside the network cable on the back of the PC shows when there is network activity, but he noticed that after a certain number of flashes from the light the security policy refresh itself or something so if you quickly unplugged and plugged back in the cable after the number of flashes from light, you could bypass the security and access everything on the main server of the college. He was found out and was made go to the technicians and tell them exactly what he done so they could stop this in future. won't be at it again I'll bet.

All you have to do at my school to get around website blocks is to add an "s" to "http" and bingo! Facebook access!

You know, wearing a uniform isnt that awful. I wear a uniform to school, its just like wering normal clothes. Though i miss wearing jeans on a week day.

I wouldn't be able to wear a uniform, I don't like conformity.

There was a vote in my Family Studies class for pro uniforms and out of 20 something people, only 3-4 people actually voted yes, one of the voters said yes for the biggest dumbfuck reason ever

You know, wearing a uniform isnt that awful. I wear a uniform to school, its just like wering normal clothes. Though i miss wearing jeans on a week day.
Uniforms aren't bad, it's just that we had to wear ours wenever we were out in public, regardless of whether school was in session or not. Also regardless of season. Those dumbfucks... Skirts in the middle of the goddamn winter, honestly...

My middle school had some insane rules during my 8th grade year, which was when we got the crazy insane principal. Some of them, I could understand, but others were just plain stupid.

My high school is a lot better. Some people get excused 4th blocks depending on the amount of classes you're taking, so not as many people skip class, but people still do skip classes. We can't access most websites for stuff we need for classes. And during study halls, the librarians come around to the computers and literally make sure we're not on any inappropriate sites. The funny thing is, they only come around once. And we can have cell phones, but we can't take them out till after 4th block. Yet people text in class and get away with it. And then apparently, teachers can get on Facebook and not have it blocked. [That or my World History teacher knows some damn proxies.]

I graduated from HS a year ago, but here is one of the dumbest rules I have EVER heard of:

Okay, so to deter unruly students from being late to class (we had a problem with students just loitering the halls and being late to class alot) the principal decided to make a rule called, "sweeps"

So basically when the bell rings to start class the teachers all close the doors and don't let late students in. then anyone caught in the hallways after the doors close got "swept" up and is taken to the assembly hall for detention for the rest of the period!!

So in short...if you actually want to get to class but are late for any reason...YOU DONT GET TO GO TO CLASS AT ALL!!!

I was like 2 seconds late to one class, but NOPE they wouldnt let me in and I had detention!!

AND to make matters worse, I wrote a column in the student newspaper basically bitching about how stupid of a rule it was...AND I GOT IN TROUBLE FOR THAT TOO! but the last laugh was on the school because my story got covered by the local news because the principal wouldn't let my column be printed, but THANK GOD for the first amendement!! hahaha so the principal finally allowed my story to be printed AND the rule was abolished because of the bad PR it got on the news!

FUCK YOU PRINCIPAL!

I'm not really for blocking sites, but I always find a way back to Tower Defense... I have free time, and I intend to use it!:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom