• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

Paulisthebest

"Ursaring, standby for battle!"
Reaction score
Any battle we don't get to see finished due to either someone interrupting or something big going down (like a Pokemon attack or something). And in other cases because it is not seen onscreen.

For me recent battles like Quilava vs. Pikachu stopped by Cynthia or Dragonite vs. Charizard being "N-terrupted" by N for some Pokemon/Trainer love crap.

Another one is Ash vs. Eugine (can't spell his name) the guy who is obsessed over Suicune. He was literally being a dick because he doesn't think Ash is worthy or seeing Suicune and calling him a liar. The battle was called off before it began due to the Bug Pokemon attacking the city.

Zoey vs. Candice after leaving the Battle Pyramid after Paul lost to Brandon. I wanted to see Contest vs. Gym Battle trainers going at it!

-Nando vs. Zoey in the Double Battle Contest round of the Hearthome Contest when Zoey lost and I was glad because she was bitching at Nando for doing gym and contest battles
-Paul vs. Reggie, he told Paul's Pokemon that he and his little bro would battle after he got back from the league after Paul had lost to Ash
-Tobias vs the Sinnoh E4 and Cynthia
-Dawn in the Johto Wallace Cup
-May in the Johto Grand Festival
-Pikachu vs. Brock's Vulpix in the giant Gengar, Alakazam and Jigglypuff episode from Kanto
-Virgil vs. Cameron, I seriously wanted to see Cameron go down in flames (well we did see Lucario get taken out by Fire Blast) after what he did to Ash!
-Any of the unseen battles from Ash in leagues that got skipped over or we only see the last round of that battle
-Paul's league battles from previous regions before Sinnoh or the matches that he swept through before facing Ash due to him not losing ONE Pokemon!
-Paul's rematch with Brandon

What about you?

Just one - Burgundy vs. Chili, because then the former could have at least one on-screen victory.

- Ash's offscreen battles in the Unova League.
- Dawn's offscreen battles in the Grand Festival.
- The Quilava vs Pikachu and Dragonite vs Charizard battles.

-All off screen league battle Ash had.
-Ash vs Barry in the episode where Monferno evolves into Infernape.
-Pauls rematch with Brandon
-Paul vs Reggie
-Paul vs Candace. I want to see if she was able to defeat at least one of his pokemon.
-Virgil vs Cameron

-Paul vs Reggie
-Paul vs Candace. I want to see if she was able to defeat at least one of his pokemon.
-Virgil vs Cameron

Yeah I'm wondering about Paul vs. Candace because it seems obvious that his 6 Pokemon on hand were going to be used in that battle. Since it was a 6 on 6 with Brandon, I'd wager the 4 Paul were planning to use against Candice (considering he probably knew the gym rules beforehand);

-Magmar-he was training with the night before with Electabuzz and let's face it its a FIRE type
-Lairon-part Steel so yeah that's it in a nutshell we only see it use Iron Defense but in the Sinnoh League as Aggron it was using Metal Claw, Flash Cannon and Metal Sound, so it can be assumed it knew all 3 of those moves or at least 2 of them to use against the Ice types (unless she used Medicam against it then Paul would be screwed...)
-Hariyama; Fighting type and it its ability is Thick Fat then its a no brainier it would be extremely useful
-Ursaring; its knows 2 Fighting type moves (3 if you count Bulk Up) while Electabuzz only knows Brick Break and Nidoking is a ground-type

Honestly, when you think about it he would be at a slight disadvantage using any of the Pokemon he used against Brandon because Candice was there to see him battle with them along with most/some of their attacks. Just remember that Paul wasn't using his A-game being wrapped up in emotion rather than being the cool and calculated trainer we are used to seeing in the past. Brandon just made him look like a weakling because let's face it Paul was up against THREE legendary Pokemon and 3 of Brandon's unused Pokemon.

Aside from his choices there is something else I've been pondering:

-For me it would be more about if Paul had evolved his Magmar BEFORE the battle or just went with Magmar and during the 10 days before his full battle with Ash just evolved it then
-Since he just got all 6 Pokemon damaged and hurt; did they heal in time for the battle or did he end up substituting any of them BEFORE facing her because he literally said after they walked out of the pyramid that she could expect him at the gym. Knowing Paul it took him no time to get there.
-I honestly wanted to see if he came in contact with Zoey at the gym? Notice how during the match with Brandon she was actually impressed with his strategies in terms of using Nidoking or other type match-ups? Kind of like she was giving him credit despite being the female version of his the night before snapping at him?

Last edited:
-Paul vs Reggie
-Virgil vs Cameron

Yeah I'm wondering about Paul vs. Candace because it seems obvious that his 6 Pokemon on hand were going to be used in that battle. Since it was a 6 on 6 I'd wager the 4 Paul were planning to use (considering he probably knew the gym rules beforehand);
-Magmar-he was training with the night before with Electabuzz and let's face it its a FIRE type
-Lairon-part Steel so yeah that's it in a nutshell we only see it use Iron Defense but in the Sinnoh League as Aggron it was using Metal Claw, Flash Cannon and Metal Sound, so it can be assumed it knew all 3 of those moves or at least 2 of them to use against the Ice types (unless she used Medicam against it then Paul would be screwed...)
-Hariyama; Fighting type and it its ability is Thick Fat then its a no brainier it would be extremely useful
-Ursaring; its knows 2 Fighting type moves (3 if you count Bulk Up) while Electabuzz only knows Brick Break and Nidoking is a ground-type

-For me it would be more about if Paul had evolved his Magmar before the battle
-Since he just got all 6 Pokemon damaged and hurt; did they heal in time for the battle or did he end up substituting any of them BEFORE facing her because he literally said after they walked out of the pyramid that she could expect him at the gym. Knowing Paul it took him no time to get there.
-I honestly wanted to see if he came in contact with Zoey at the gym? Notice how during the match with Brandon she was actually impressed with his strategies in terms of using Nidoking or other type match-ups? Kind of like she was giving him credit despite being the female version of his the night before snapping at him?
Lairon maybe evolved during the battle. Then another reason why I want to see Paul vs Candace is that I really liked Candace so I wanted to see how she did against Paul.

-Paul vs Reggie
-Virgil vs Cameron

Yeah I'm wondering about Paul vs. Candace because it seems obvious that his 6 Pokemon on hand were going to be used in that battle. Since it was a 6 on 6 I'd wager the 4 Paul were planning to use (considering he probably knew the gym rules beforehand);

-For me it would be more about if Paul had evolved his Magmar before the battle
Lairon maybe evolved during the battle. Then another reason why I want to see Paul vs Candace is that I really liked Candace so I wanted to see how she did against Paul.

Hmmm...

Something funny about the Brandon battle is that he didn't curse any of his Pokemon for losing the only time was non verbally when he "gave up" on Ursaring (for some strange reason it didn't activate Guts after being hit with Zap Cannon) and didn't recall it before Stone Edge defeated it because let's be real it was now too slow to react to Brandon's attacks and all he had left was Magmar so if it were the game he'd be up the creek too.

One thing I wanted to see was Weavile get an onscreen win. To me it was like Trip's Conkeldurr (who lost EVERY battle seen onscreen in ALL 3 of its forms). I'd have liked to see Paul use it against Candice probably against Sneasel like he used Gliscor against Ash's Gligar.

We can sit here and assume and speculate all day because Paul along with others like Reggie and Trip have so many unseen Pokemon. But more to the point, Abamasnow was her best and it raped Ash's remaining Pokemon except Chimchar.

Aside from her oddly placed Medicam in the mix of Ice types. Magmar would probably wreck Snover and its evolved form. I wanted to see that strategy of aiming Flamethrower towards the sky. I'd wager Magmar would use that to melt attacks like Blizzard or something you know?

I'd also think Ursaring would be used against Abamasnow if worst came to worst to use two heavy-weighted Pokemon. Hariyama might also fill that position because it if did have Thick Fat; Blizzard, Ice Punch and Ice Shard would only do 1/2 damage. Wood Hammer would be the only threat. I can see it now Wood Hammer vs. Ursaring's Hammer Arm!

Yeah, Candice was a really fun Gym leader to watch on and off the field of battle! Especially because of this...

candice looks ice.jpg

After seeing this scene she became my Ice Princess xD

Sincerly? Ash vs Duplica during Johto League Champions. She defeated Ash two times and the third battle was never seen.

I know this was a "seen" battle but I wanted a "real" battle between Iris and Drayden. That rushed match especially Excadrill and Haxarous was poorly done. I loved seeing it get pushed back by Metal Claw and Focus Blast showing Iris HAD improved since going on a journey but for it to end in one collision really wasn't that satisfying for me.

I know we know the result, but I really wanted to see more of the Cynthia vs Caitlin. It was such an important battle in-universe, but they didn't bother showing most of it.

Also all of Ash's league battles. They got really lazy with the league this time around.

I know we know the result, but I really wanted to see more of the Cynthia vs Caitlin. It was such an important battle in-universe, but they didn't bother showing most of it.

Also all of Ash's league battles. They got really lazy with the league this time around.

I really wanted to see flashbacks to their previous battles when Caitlin wasn't "in control" of her emotions. I'm sure she was like Kid Gohan getting pissed and going into fits of rage with her Psychic abilities (if she is like she is in the games when talking about her past). Cynthia being powerful as she is probably had her hands full with that girl.

Yeah, for some reason it was as if the Unova League was rushed for...you know what I really don't know why it was so rushed. To get to the N Saga?

In Sinnoh, I hated it but it "made sense" why Ash got butted out quick by Tobias and that was to get to Black and White series which is something every fan is pissed about given what we have to show for it so far...

I think or wish the league got "N-terrupted" by Team Plasma for the N-Saga to come along and Ash uses some of his old Pokemon in the league when it "starts over." But that's just me

I thought that they only battled twice, though I would have loved to see who one the last time between Ash and Duplica.

Hikari vs. Candy Musalina in the Grand Festival. I can't believe that the writers, after giving us such an excellent battle between Nozomi and Naoshi, just gave us a few quick glimpses of this one. This ticked me off since not only was it Hikari's final on-screen contest win, but Musashi getting knocked out off-screen after all the effort she put into getting into the Grand Festival in the first place felt like a massive slap in the face.

Still, I guess it was full circle in a win. We didn't get to see Hikari's first contest battle win either.

2 things.

1. I wish they would have revealed who won the Indigo League...
2. I'd be nice to see Ash actually win a league for once. (and yes I'm aware he beat the orange league)

Hikari vs. Candy Musalina in the Grand Festival. I can't believe that the writers, after giving us such an excellent battle between Nozomi and Naoshi, just gave us a few quick glimpses of this one. This ticked me off since not only was it Hikari's final on-screen contest win, but Musashi getting knocked out off-screen after all the effort she put into getting into the Grand Festival in the first place felt like a massive slap in the face.

Still, I guess it was full circle in a win. We didn't get to see Hikari's first contest battle win either.

Yeah I mean for May her first Contest Battle and loss were to Drew but for Dawn we don't know the "invisible" opponent she defeated in order to move to the semi-finals to face Zoey. Kind of weird since if she didn't win it would have been Ash vs Dawn in a contest...

Anyway on to the GF, yeah I was pissed off for 2 reason for one Jessie (believe it or not) actually played by the rules and won her 4 ribbons! That last one I hated how that whole thing went down for the Princess that just happens to look exactly like Dawn; it was just stupid how they swapped places and all with "Dawn" being her persona for the contest that kinda seems like a dick move to enter a contest and the LAST contest I might add before the GF with nearly everyone in attendance with 4 ribbons. So, if you win you do eliminate one more potential competitor in the GF but still you already have 5 ribbons why go for another one?!?! I know it wasn't the "real" Dawn but at least she did give the ribbon to Jessie, who would have won if the real Dawn didn't shout out a pep talk to the Princess or if she didn't enter at all, Serviper would have beaten the no name trainer she would have faced instead to win the contest for her 5th ribbon. It just feels so cheap to just "hand" Jessie her 5th ribbon after she worked at earning the other 4 you know?

Oh and reason #2; again she worked hard for her ribbons and for Jessie to lose in what literally looked like a TRio battle with the twerps was just unbearable. It just stinks because the battle is only "5 minutes"...yeah I use that loosely considering Dawn vs. Zoey was at least 15 minutes :/ they could have made Jessie's longer because I wanted to see a good battle between those 2 making it look like a semi-final match not; Dawn kicks ass JUST to be in the finals with Zoey...just a very disgraceful way of treating Jessie

Kasumi, Takeshi, and the Pokemon copies vs. Sakaki and a good chunk of the Rocket Gang organization in the "Mewtwo Returns" special.

I'm curious as to how they fared in that battle, especially since Sakaki got serious and threatened to kill them all.

DP100
Aiding the Enemy!
Cynthia vs. Aaron

Her Garchomp was defeated off-screen. I still wonder how Aaron managed to defeat her Garchomp... Cynthia's Garchomp always look liked she was unbeatable.

I don't remember this, I think Garchomp was recalled or substituted. It made no mention of Garchomp losing to one of Aaron's Pokemon.

DP100
Aiding the Enemy!
Cynthia vs. Aaron

Her Garchomp was defeated off-screen. I still wonder how Aaron managed to defeat her Garchomp... Cynthia's Garchomp always look liked she was unbeatable.

I don't remember this, I think Garchomp was recalled or substituted. It made no mention of Garchomp losing to one of Aaron's Pokemon.

No, Shirona was stated to be down to her last Pokemon (Tritodon) so Gaburias was defeated by that point... would have been interesting to see given how it was the only time it was knocked-out.

Any of the battles shown off at the beginning of the movies. The ones with the game player characters cameoing and the like.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom