• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Unfunny comedies

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakisrage

SAEV DEH WHALEZ!
Reaction score
What comedy TV shows/movies/cartoons/anime have failed to make you laugh?

I've noticed, in all my years of TV watching, over 90% of sitcoms have never made me laugh even once. I tried watching several episodes of The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and Two and a Half Men, and honestly, I just get bored and rolled my eyes. (It's worse when a laugh track is involved, since it's often used on jokes that are either not funny or have been used a million times before.)

NOTE: This thread is not for venting about offensive, violent, or other unsavory content on TV.

Most comedy anime don't make me laugh. It might have more to do with cultural differences in comedy than with their quality though.

Speaking of cultural differences, I know that British comedy was an acquired taste for me - it took me several seasons of Red Dwarf to fully appreciate it.

I don't know if I'll ever learn to appreciate Japanese humor though, because I've been watching anime for as long as I've been into Pokemon (which is many years) and I still don't find comedy anime funny.

Anything with Adam Sandler is a disgrace in my books... except for The Wedding Singer or the Hotel Transylvania films, they weren't too bad but you'll get what I'm saying.

While I enjoy watching corny sitcoms there are definitely a few that cant even make me crack a smile they are so bad. These are the ones I kinda dislike the most.
Two Broke Girls
The Office
Last Man Standing

I watched The Big Bang Theory once and didn't laugh. I think someone once put up a video on YouTube of The Big Bang Theory with the laugh track removed (I think it has been removed from YouTube for copyright reasons). And The Big Bang Theory seems to be everywhere on TV here (Nine, 9Go!, Seven, 7Mate and 7Flix). And don't get me started with the laugh track, which is used for unfunny shows (except Red Dwarf, which is good). A lot of comedies made here in Australia airs without a laugh track and that what makes them good. You are not actually forced to laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom