• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Uniform number

I really like Falinks - I was surprised that it (they?) weren't bug or steel type. It's a really interesting concept of a Pokémon but lol any multiple monsters as one Pokémon (like Kangaskhan) it does raise some question about how Pokéballs work etc.

I also like that it looks like it was inspired by Roman soldiers given the historic link with England. However if they do a region inspired by Italy and Falinks isn't included I'll be annoyed :p

What is Falinks supposed to be? Honestly, it does not look like a pokemon to me. What do you people think about Falinks?

Why the uniform number thread for this question?

Anyway, it's based on Roman military formations. It's name is a pun on a phalanx (although that's a Greek formation, but their look is definitely more Roman).

Last edited:
013 for the number I'm partial to (I dunno if I'd say if it's my favourite) and that I've been using part of my screen name for numerous years now (I didn't put it in my screen name here because no one here knows me as "13" like somewhere else). I forgot how I figured out that the number doesn't have to be three digits (maybe just from the "accept" button or whatever), but I added the 0 because I felt it was more "normal" for sport uniform numbers? (Which I proved myself wrong with an image search just now.) The padding doesn't bother me though.

Is it possible to be refused to have a number accepted because another CPU got it first?
I realised that Leon had the same number after the fact. I'm just like, "Well, I'm better, and I'm gonna be replacing you ultimately, sooooo... it makes sense."
So no, you can have their numbers.

I realised that Leon had the same number after the fact. I'm just like, "Well, I'm better, and I'm gonna be replacing you ultimately, sooooo... it makes sense."
So no, you can have their numbers.
Do the numbers also show up in online battles? (I haven't attempted yet since I'm a casual player, and therefore would lose easily)

I think 492 can be read as fox (fokusu), if you don't mind.
Just realized that Opal's 910 is read as kyuto which means cute, so I think english word can be used too if it fits.

Omg really? I chose 492 cause it's my birthday, nice to know it's accidental japanese haha

Omg really? I chose 492 cause it's my birthday, nice to know it's accidental japanese haha
Yeah, AFAIK, in goroawase, the number can be read as english (wan, tsu, suri, fo, etc.), and can be arranged into English words (At least that's the case for Opal and Bede, as their uniform number says cute and clever, respectively.)

I don't have the game, but I'm in a Pokemon RP with a trainer who's doing several League Challenges. His number is 96 (kuro - "black"), because his signature Pokemon is Noivern.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom